Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - co-op action from Vermintide devs

Beowulf

Arcane
Cool, another game they'll promise regular updates for then abandon instantly after release.

Yeah, Fatshark is a game dev company that overpromises and underdelivers.
Lets not forget about their greatest PR moments. I can't find the quote now, but it was about the promised dedicated servers that eventually slipped totally from the roadmap:
"When we promise something, then decide we won't do it, it is not a lie. It simply is no longer the truth".

It will most likely share the fate of their previous titles with many players buying it at launch of the inevitable Early Access phase and then steadily dropping due to Fatshark's handling of business - more grind, unfixed major bugs despite being labelled as fixed, cloned purchasable cosmetics, no substantial game content until the playerbase only consists of hardcore veterans.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Absolutely unscalable incline. They missed the mark on Vermintide 2, but Vermintide 1 is one of the better L4D2 clones and that formula is always a blast with the lads. Making it actual WH40K L4D is gonne be the shit.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
wMeEBOT.png

Pity they didn't gave their licence for all those decent devs back then, maybe we could get something to play even decade and more later.
This game? Pump and dump, guess who's the receving side.

GreyViper

Prophet
I suspect this is where Vermintide 2 money went. Kind of reminds me the Alen Colonial Marines scenario. Still I play Vermintide 2 time to time, so not everything was lost.

orcinator

Liturgist
So they're following in the footsteps of the payday devs by having their 3rd game be left4dead instead of "left4dead but the zombies are replaced with X"

DeepOcean

Arcane
Couldnt play Vermintide because of the wonky hit detection and shitty melee combat, maybe as a shooter it will be better but I'm not expecting much from this.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck, now that I think about it Astra Militarum set against Genestealers/Tyranids in a tweaked L4D setup sounds kickass actually.

iu

Game will be bugged shit which will be fad on internetz because muh Vermintide of guns for some weeks then everybody will move one cause of bugs, news at 11.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom