Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'm level 8 on Thelanis, anyone want to play together?
Since I only play Iconics now you'd have to be higher level to not get xp penalties with me. I'm ready to reincarnate (I'd be lvl 15, so you'd need to be lvl 12) but I'm also taking a break from DDO for now so we can play if you don't give up before that :M

Codex Year of the Donut
I really love the DM in some quests. Doing Caverns of Korromar, it's adding a ton to the atmosphere.
example of what I mean(it's voiced):
Gpy0poA.png

GZKGlGr.png

Oz9cn44.png

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
The Ravenloft quests are really good, good enough to place this as a top-tier D&D-based RPG good.
If you haven't done it yet: the quests aren't packed with monsters btw, expect puzzles and dialogue.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just found out there's an entire bazaar only available to mages with the teleport spell.
And me because my UMD is now high enough. Take that, dress wearers! I'm in your secret club! :argh:

Codex Year of the Donut
oh guess I'll just stick around and pick up these gold piles now that I've killed the baby black dragon, huh wonder why the rest of these chests are magically locked
ah well
oh
oh no
oh no no no

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'm ready to reincarnate
Is dis shit hard?
What do you mean?
How hard is to reincarnate?
You'll have to be more specific :roll:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation
Basically you get to level 20 or 30, buy Heart of Blood for the type of reincarnation you want (through farming or from the DDO Store), use it at the Reincarnation Grove and on the next login you can recreate that character from ground up with the bonuses you've unlocked.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Hard to say, I usually just got it from the store on sale. Nowadays the Tokens/Commendations are plentiful in epic level content when running elite/reaper difficulty quests, but you'll have to play with other people.

Codex Year of the Donut
thought this druid would use his magic to open doors on my quest after saying he could open the doors with runes on them
comes running over as a bear and just charges through it
:shredder:

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm level 14 on Thelanis if anyone wants to play together later.
All the groups are for reaper and I'm afraid of embarrassing myself so I just play solo :M

_V_

Scholar
So I finished Mists of Ravenloft on normal. Since I'm not a fan of repeating the content I'd like to move on. Probably Sands of Menechtarun unless there are other suggestions.
BUT: Livius Lanston says I only get this reward once: https://ddowiki.com/page/Mists_of_Ravenloft_(heroic)
Once I take the tier that I'm at, it's over.
In that case, I'd probably go at least for the Hard tier.
I tried google, but I'm getting conflicting information. Can I get Normal tier now, then perhaps come back before the end of August, do all quests on hard and get the Hard tier reward? Or am I really excluded from the higher tiers as soon as I take the reward?

Codex Year of the Donut
So I finished Mists of Ravenloft on normal. Since I'm not a fan of repeating the content I'd like to move on. Probably Sands of Menechtarun unless there are other suggestions.
BUT: Livius Lanston says I only get this reward once: https://ddowiki.com/page/Mists_of_Ravenloft_(heroic)
Once I take the tier that I'm at, it's over.
In that case, I'd probably go at least for the Hard tier.
I tried google, but I'm getting conflicting information. Can I get Normal tier now, then perhaps come back before the end of August, do all quests on hard and get the Hard tier reward? Or am I really excluded from the higher tiers as soon as I take the reward?
You can repeat sagas for a new reward. Some of them have a repeat timer, Ravenloft does not.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
All the groups are for reaper and I'm afraid of embarrassing myself so I just play solo

You can play on Reaper with others as long as you are the appropriate level when joining the group. Since you are Level 14, that means doing quests that are Level 12 since Reaper bumps the CR up to Level 14.

As a trapper, you'll be very helpful being able to disable traps since that makes everyone's lives much easier and gives an xp boost. Just let everyone else know that you are new to the game and haven't done Reaper before and they should be accommodating. Reaper mode is only super difficult if you are playing by yourself, but it gets easier the more Reaper XP you have and having people in your group. Most people playing it will have a ton of Reaper Points so you'll notice their hp just skyrocket to the moon when they enter the quest. Just stay in the back, sneak attack, disable traps and you should be fine.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Also Ghop said, just join the groups, you'll be fine. Reaper is the new elite, and with the reaper bonuses a lot of people are actually stronger in that mode and can solo or duo it, you won't really slow the group down or anything. People didn't seem to care even when my under-geared fighter died a lot.
Also some core abilities from the reaper tree also apply when not in reaper mode.

You'll be better off doing a variety of quests rather than repeating sagas. You won't get first-time bonuses the second time around and the saga xp is an extra if you were doing the quesline anyway (for me Ravenloft and Sharn are p. much mandatory in each life because of good content/loot), but it's not that amazing when you can just do something else.

Lhynn

Arcane
I'm level 8 on Thelanis, anyone want to play together?
I can play thelanis. Let me catch up to you and we can play. Or i can just start an iconic, but without easy access to gear im guessing they are a pain and have to be carried.

Lhynn

Arcane
I got destroyed on the second encounter of the first quest. Granted, its suboptimally geared because i dont get my weapon of choice for free. But yeah, unless i make a new character, get some money and transfer it to him theres not much i can do.

Alright, did what i said, got a maul, got me a wisdom item and i aced the qwest. Still, hating that i cant go on elite from the start.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
I got destroyed on the second encounter of the first quest. Granted, its suboptimally geared because i dont get my weapon of choice for free. But yeah, unless i make a new character, get some money and transfer it to him theres not much i can do.

Alright, did what i said, got a maul, got me a wisdom item and i aced the qwest. Still, hating that i cant go on elite from the start.
grab a ravenloft weapon?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom