Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terra

Cipher
Anyone else's Wasteland 3 beta testing Steam key just get revoked (just got an account alert on steam letting me know)?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even before it was revoked, they replaced it with an empty directory.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Summary of social media polls: https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-3-a-morally-gray-adventure

Wasteland 3: A Morally Gray Adventure
On July 7, an interactive prequel story series featuring two different groups of premade characters available in Wasteland 3 went live on both Twitter and Facebook. Twice a week for two and a half weeks, the community was able to help direct the series of actions that each of these teams took in the wake of Wasteland 2's devastating end. Though not all of the choice paths initially yielded clear-cut sweeping decisions, those who voted eventually made their voices heard clearly and helped direct these characters through peril. As is said in the closing pane of each of these stories, 'this is not the end.' On August 28, you'll be able to continue these characters' adventures, or create your own characters to experience the ongoing saga of the Desert Rangers in Wasteland 3.

Special thanks to Nathan Long, Senior Writer on Wasteland 3, who authored this interactive campaign.

c84f3a_d70c7ee996aa480cb1358ad765a6a016~mv2.webp

William & Li-Tsing A Wasteland 3 Adventure, shared on Twitter

c84f3a_ae11deb8688a4e50b90897067ea2f0a1~mv2.webp

c84f3a_9b3fc3b1cf284396965f978fd8234998~mv2.webp

Initially, the community swayed towards getting William to safety and to avoid further confrontation. Before the voting for this choice was over though, the vote swung back and the community ultimately decided that the fight was on either way and that the ground must be held.

c84f3a_a6fd6d5d0a3d41c48a821c762dc52d31~mv2.webp

c84f3a_e15e9b62a9c044429d642c6457877c4f~mv2.webp

Unsurprisingly, when one danger falls, another comes to take its place. Sensing impending threats all around, the vote was more split this time around. Readers considered seeking their immediate revenge, but gave pause in favor of prioritizing assistance from the Rangers before heading into an even more treacherous situation.

c84f3a_5609dbc2624c4c6998c4e33a9ed5689c~mv2.webp

c84f3a_c7dff10fbf2245c2ba5a422a8e8f08d0~mv2.webp

The community was less divided this time, voting to set the synth free rather than destroy it after it was questioned. It's possible this choice could come back to haunt William and Li-Tsing down the road, but readers agreed they had seen enough senseless violence for one day. Who knows, maybe the synth was telling the truth? Maybe instead of some danger they'd released into the world they'd laid the foundation for an unlikely allegiance with this entity?

c84f3a_4544faaa85cb47b3bcd56b0283522599~mv2.webp

c84f3a_2b9f87db544341848884808b357eedf1~mv2.webp

It wasn't an easy decision letting the rogue synth free. Joining up with the strangers Dusty and Marie could mean even more trouble, or at least give their targeted prey more chance to evade its capture. Ultimately, readers felt it was wiser for William and Li-Tsing to first put their trust in these travellers and their dog, Perdido, before continuing on.

c84f3a_8081e655537e4fe5908cccefd81e20e4~mv2.webp

c84f3a_50ac8c08a49a4b7c89d6a37372778703~mv2.webp

With their newfound partners, William and Li-Tsing would have time to recover their supplies and their energy. More importantly, they would be afforded the time to properly mourn the loss of Lydia. Though the road ahead would no doubt be fraught with many more lethal dangers at every turn, at least William and his daughter Li-Tsing wouldn't have to face them alone.

Dusty & Marie A Wasteland 3 Adventure, shared on Facebook

c84f3a_d40161465ed44a188bdbc7c9ccfac339~mv2.webp

c84f3a_64de613fdfed4cbf8069b597e5c85861~mv2.webp

Upon their brief introduction to Dusty, Marie, and their dog Perdido, readers quickly decided they weren't going to stand for innocent people dying on their watch. Guns were quickly drawn amidst a nuclear horizon setting the sky ablaze...

c84f3a_d58e4e297f6c468692b5f35489652922~mv2.webp

c84f3a_1a0216639b1d49a0b0e07dbd184302c0~mv2.webp

It just wouldn't do to let the goodest boy in the Wasteland to be left to the mercy of that sociopath. Nearly 78% of the community did not hesitate to hunt down Lewis and save Perdido, no matter the risk.

c84f3a_9a9e6c44a2354f01ba87f18bf249951b~mv2.webp

c84f3a_a51659fa428d4a99b0c93c89d8f67d95~mv2.webp

'There are old soldiers and there are bold soldiers, but there are no old, bold soldiers,' or so the saying goes. So it was with Captain Lewis and the short time he had left to live in this world. Turns out, he picked the wrong dog to kidnap. Goodnight, Captain.

c84f3a_2f4cf51017b7462d8c5844397550419e~mv2.webp

c84f3a_beba988d3455450691e007cd79432b22~mv2.webp

On the one hand, the wasteland is an extremely treacherous place, and the AG Center is one of the few places nearby where any sense of security and protection can be found. On the other hand, nothing is certain, and really the only one anyone can trust out there is themselves. With a less confident initial vote, the community ultimately decided for better or for worse, that bringing Perdido along for the adventure to come was the way to go.

c84f3a_5b55f21556594655a7815866af3ef5fb~mv2.webp

c84f3a_e4dc4daf73594966925782b42ed89843~mv2.webp

Along with their new compatriots William and Li-Tsing, Dusty and Marie and their faithful friend Perdido would make their way to the Ranger Center in Arizona where they would remain until the trip towards Colorado. Sensing that the cold journey east would be one that Perdido would not take kindly too, he would eventually still remain in the fitful care of his fellow Rangers there who already had long since made him the mascot of that station they called home.

c84f3a_ae5ab83b2a07437983529ee7f26299b4~mv2.webp

That's another transmission from inXile HQ to all the Rangers out there! We look forward to seeing you in Colorado on August 28. -HQ, out-

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Special thanks to Nathan Long, Senior Writer on Wasteland 3, who authored this interactive campaign.

Ha, no wonder I didn't like it. :lol:

Beast British

Novice
I must be retarded since I originally backed Wasteland 2, barely played it, and then for some reason backed 3. I should go back and check out 2 sometime. Was a lot of shit fixed from release? I forget if it was even buggy.. I just stopped playing.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I don't remember noticeable bugs, played the vanilla version in a computer that barely managed to run it without overheat lol. I don't play it since then. Apparently the Director's cut version fixed a lot of things, but I never tried it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had a couple of CTD's, but not much else. With Director's Cut I don't remember any bugs.

The fans of my GPU went crazy with both versions though for some reason, but that's probably a Unity thing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't remember noticeable bugs, played the vanilla version in a computer that barely managed to run it without overheat lol. I don't play it since then. Apparently the Director's cut version fixed a lot of things, but I never tried it.

The LA section of the game was horrifically buggy on release. Lots of quests were broken, there were frequent crashes etc.

The Arizona section was a lot more polished because it had the benefit of early access people testing it.

CharacterNik

Novice
So when Wasteland 3 sales flops they will make Wasteland 4 - first person shootah with commie antagonist and transsexual hero.
This franchise is just a milking cow and the cow is sick.
Fargo said that Wasteland is their own fallout, but you need to remember that even dirty tribal transnigger from Arroyo (the one near the well) thinks Fargo is a faggot.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So when Wasteland 3 sales flops they will make Wasteland 4 - first person shootah with commie antagonist and transsexual hero.
Fargo said that Wasteland is their own fallout, but you need to remember that even dirty tribal transnigger from Arroyo (the one near the well) thinks Fargo is a faggot.
I can't believe anyone is still backing or interested in Wasteland: 3. Wasteland: 2 was a fucking abomination.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
WL2's first-half was great. They really fucked it up when you reached California though.

Wait, people liked California? The balance was crap, the map was small, there was no map mechanic to replace the water mechanic from Arizona, there were hardly any side quests or companions, and the mission structure boiled down to a series of fetch quests.
Furthermore, the Director's Cut version completely neutered energy weapons, as you still fought high Armored enemies but they didn't have the conductive trait, meaning that whilst energy weapons were somewhat effective in California in the original, they were next-to useless in the DC version.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

“Down in the Valley to Pray” performed by Greg Jong.
With cooperation of Marmoset LLC.
Arranged by Marmoset LLC.
Published by inXile entertainment, Inc.

guestposting

Educated

You’re confusing Fargo with Feargus.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh just shut up.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is Brother None being sarcastic, I can't tell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom