Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Looks promising, and I'm still morbidly curious about how this will end. What I worry is that with all the shuffling between systems and whatnot, by the time it gets published the game will have half an hour worth of gameplay. Bugs and ballinse issues I don't mention because I take for granted there will be myriads.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean, I hope they're having fun making more games. Would be nice if they finished one at some point.

---

Pessimistic jokes aside, it's nice to see they've iterated on gameplay based on user feedback.

Terra

Cipher
giphy.gif

Every time this thread gets bumped.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, this iteration is still looking good to me. I preferred the less roguelike "granular" movement and interaction they had on display before, but this still looks like fun, and definitely the most interesting and kinectic of this general style I've seen. I just really want them to stick with it now and fill the game with actual content. After this long of a wait, it'd be really nice to get a robust 40-50 hour campaign. Or at least a good 30 hour one with solid replayability. Also, loved that little cursor swirl with the bribe near the end of the trailer too. Made me laugh and was a nice touch. And I enjoy the new name, despite ultimately preferring Copper Dreams.

And when it does come out, I hope it sells enough to keep these two going. Hannah and Joe, get those big streamers like CohhCarnage to play your game. This looks like something right up his alley in fact. Reach out to some CRPG focused YouTubers too. Some of the best marketing you can do these days.

grimace

Arcane
The game might be fun to play, but it looks like looking inside a long forgotten moldy trashcan with batches of unknown life creeping around.

Well said!

Terrible name... instead of scifi golden age book title like 'copper dreams' to weeb shit
Agree with Sensuki about the syndicate vibes, but that name... wish they had kept copper dreams.

Does needing to register and or trademark the name have anything to do with the change?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Perhaps there is no wasted effort... ALL of the different art styles and combat/dialogue systems displayed to date could be featured in the final game to reflect alterations like character development and gradual progression through different stages of cybernetic augmentation.

I was actually just figuring they were designing every game they'll make from now until retirement all at once to get it out of the way so they can focus on content generation.
Now it appears that they're also naming all of the games in advance. Smart.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ehh.... I liked all the other art styles way better.

Looks like decline all around except for the music.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The music is the same track by V-Axys they used in the Kickstarter trailer over four years ago.

Mortmal

Arcane
I mean, I hope they're having fun making more games. Would be nice if they finished one at some point.

---

Pessimistic jokes aside, it's nice to see they've iterated on gameplay based on user feedback.
Glad they have fun with all those kewl dudes money yes.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't know shit about this but I just want to say Mechajammer sounds super gay and Copper Dreams was better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom