Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mechajammer Kickstarter Update #27: New Title, Beta Updated

Farewell into the night

Maybe they're not making a game, but play a game with us?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I didn't like the Staglands visual style at all, but this looks somewhat promising actually.

Kinda like the new name more than the old one too.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I like how everyone's reaction now is: "Nothing to see here. Move Along."

:lol::lol::lol:

Corporate suits and project leads really do exist for a reason, and I think the Kickstarter era proves that better than any argument one might verbalize.

Lol no, you just need people who know what the fuck they're doing.

I delivered a Kickstarter project before.

I also completely fucked one up and offered full refunds.

Granted, it's easier for solodevs.

aratuk

Cipher
Yeah, they should go with Mechajamma, or else be compelled to take Mecherjemmer, but should probably resist going all the way to Machajamma.

:whatho:

That’d be too much.

I don't know, looks good to me. Like the dice.
It does, but I think the point here is that this severe change of art style several times over (how many times did that happen so far? Have we hit a dozen already?) and now also the change of name to something that just sounds way less interesting than "Copper Dreams" did...
To me, at least, it shows a lack of vision and/or leadership and/or management and that simply doesn't inspire confidence.

One important part of project management is to make plans and stick to them. Only change plans if completely unavoidable.
There will always be phases in which a plan suddenly doesn't seem to work out, and in these phases, it is especially important to see it through, because more often than not, it was just some missing/unfinished element that made the plan look bad.
I don't really know anything about the projects history until now, so its too bad if its really vaporware or whatever. I do see the copper dreams game video, which also looks pretty good, so its a wonder why they did not just finish that, I guess they are saying people like this better or something? I don't know, they both look pretty good for what they are, but its hard to know.

JDR13

Arcane
I agree the new title sucks, but the game itself looks better now imo. The visuals in Copper Dreams were pretty generic imo. The new style gives off a better vibe.

waken

Educated
I agree the new title sucks, but the game itself looks better now imo. The visuals in Copper Dreams were pretty generic imo. The new style gives off a better vibe.
I'll even say that it looks fantastic now.

Finish game now, pls.

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Yeah, Copper Dreams was such a cool name for a game, however, it was pretty clear that the game did not have a finalized artstyle up until this point. I mean, I was ok with the previous low-fi 3D style, but it looked as if those were always just placeholder assets.

I wonder if the change in name also indicates a change in direction however?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
:ibelieveincleve:
Let's call it Calvin Barkmore memorial award.
ZSTXAZF.jpg

grimace

Arcane
I still can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this game is reminiscent of Syndicate. Am I just old? These changes actually have me a bit excited.

I seem to recall Joe and Hannah mentioning that Syndicate was an influence on code-name project Copper Dreams. (Maybe on a Matt Chat?)

In the current Mechajammer build the team versus mode does feel very much like Syndicate (Syndicate Plus 1994).

Diggfinger

Arcane
Actually, I wont be satisfied until this game has a full-blown genre-change.

That's right, I wanna see this fucker go through a 3D FPS iteration, then a point-n-click adventure build and why not 4X space simulator while we're at it.

Otherwise I just feel like Joe and Hannah have been slackin off, yknw:smug:

It's like Scam Citizen on a very small scale.

"Oh, that'd be cool...": The Game

Playing with ideas and learning by doing is the best way to go about it, as long as you don't rope other folks' finances into it.

Saduj

Arcane
"Mechajammer" sounds like something that might be done to you if you drop the soap in mechaprison.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Confederate Express never looked so good!

Kidding, of course. These guys delivered a beautiful, complete RPG. Why all the skepticism?

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think it’s a lot of bandwagoning. While it’s true that the project communication and time estimates haven’t been the best, they’re working on the game and have been updating the beta for almost two years.

I think the issue is that Joe and Hannah are essentially itinerant developers. Much like artists of that ilk, such a lifestyle is hard to reconcile with straight-line planning. Most people here probably don’t realize how different their lives are (flipping houses for margin to fund the game) than the 9-to-5 crew sitting in air conditioned offices in California. Not to stereotype :D

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom