Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Which will fail the hardest?

Which will turn out the worst?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • Kingmaker 2

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Avowed

Votes: 60 19.7%
  • Bloodlines 2

Votes: 179 58.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 31 10.2%

• Total voters

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bloodlines: 2 screams out in that list. The amount of SJW bullshit I read a while back is making me nervous. I think Pathfinder: 2 or Avowed will probably be the best out of that list. Learning towards Kingmaker 2 being my favorite, but I need to see more about what Avowed is about.

Dodo1610

Arcane
There is no such thing as guaranteed success in video games anymore. Larian's biggest hurdle is not to convince the Codex to buy BG3 but to get the 2-3Mio DOS2 fans to engage with a ruleset that actually requires some thought.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
There is no such thing as guaranteed success in video games anymore. Larian's biggest hurdle is not to convince the Codex to buy BG3 but to get the 2-3Mio DOS2 fans to engage with a ruleset that actually requires some thought.
There's a 100% chance of them tuning down the difficulty after Swen embarrassed himself playing the demo. It will be possible to auto-attack blindfolded through BG3.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There's a 100% chance of them tuning down the difficulty after Swen embarrassed himself playing the demo. It will be possible to auto-attack blindfolded through BG3.

Even better, it will have Shenmue 3-esque button mashing where your character just attacks for you regardless of input.

And the only spell is fireball and it will not deal friendly damage. It's also now a cantrip.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
"Go woke, go broke". Not only will it bomb because of that and because the VTM brand is niche, but also because the game will suck on the technical side as well. It's being developed by woke incompetents.

If Bloodlines 2 bombs it will be because it's a sequel to a game most mainstream gamers never played, and will likely be janky as fuck on release. Its San Francisco politics will have very little to do with it. See: a bunch of hit games with San Francisco politics.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Hey, DOS mechanics have thought.

"Everything's covered with fire for some goddamned reason and I can't see shit."

See? A thought.

Ulysa

Scholar
There's no way in the 9hells that BG3 is going to fail. Not a BG game? Shitty writing? These things don't matter as long it has turn based system and multiplayer for couples of casuals playing together something easy to understand. And on top of that you have DnD fanatics that will love it just because it's DnD.

Pathfinder has its player base now, it's not aiming to gain huge new audiences so I don't see how it can fail either.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kingmaker 2 will be more of the same from Owlcat, but turned up a notch. In other words, incline. Baldur's Gate III will not resemble the franchise, but it will be fun. As stated many times, the setting and supplied mechanics should save Larian from themselves. Avowed will give tap water and wonder bread serious competition for blandness and generic quality. It will make no mistakes, but achieve nothing. Obsidian has kissed the ring. Let us dwell on them no more.

Bloodlines 2 though...oh my. Serious risk of being SJW extravaganza with the polish and mechanical grace of Underword Ascendant. I'm assuming that it actually makes it to market and doesn't vaporize like the mist of a Gangrel.

This is exactly what I wanted to say Comrade, great minds do think alike:

Kingmaker: further :incline: will be good to play though after a year. :hype:

Obshitian new game... well Outer Worlds 2 in other words. :keepmyjewgold::keepmymoney:

Baldurs Game 2.... It will be fun and funny game and if the Larian won't use its inventory system one I would defiantly play (from all his games I completed on Divinine Divinity 1 and the one where you could fly around as Dragon cause for some reason there was normal inventory there.) Unlike most codexers I do absurd and silly writing of Larian so Cautiously optimistic here. :happytrollboy:

Bloodlines... No way it will be not SJW shit fest, the devs are nothing like troika. :majordecline:

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Bloodlines stands out for a multitude of reasons:
The original game didn't sell very well. Yes, it has gathered a cult following after release but so did PST. If anything, those people will end up being far more critical of it than traditional fans. TToN tried to bank off the same thing, how did that work out?
The developer is pretty much a complete unknown. Before being rebranded, the developer basically made shovelware. Yeah, they have a couple high profile names ... As has been repeatedly shown by the kickstarter era, having old talent is nowhere near enough.
The promos released so far have been very underwhelming.

So whether you're judging it based on commercial success or being a good game, I don't think it will succeed in either area. Really don't know enough about Avowed to judge it, but my gut tells me it will end up being average and selling well.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Avowed will be the shittiest streamlined fuckery ever released but Bloodlines the most retarded, even obsidian can't compete with tranny vampires...

Outmind

Augur
I vote for Cyberpunk since it's likely to achieve unprecedented commercial success, but, like the witcher, fail as a proper rpg.

Murk

Arcane
Bloodlines looks like the worst -- not just in terms of being a tragedy compared to the first, but even just sucking on "its own merits".

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Saying that D&D 5e "requires some thought" is highly generous, and I also want to draw your attention to how Larian managed to dumb down D:OS1 to D:OS2, despite D:OS1 already being quite simple.

Jackpot

Learned
Baldur's Gate 3 looks like it'll just be Divinity:OS 2 painted over with a coat of Baldur's Gate lore.
Pathfinder 2 will be Kingmaker with a bunch of new mechanics spaghetti-coded on top of existing ones.
Avowed will be The Outer Worlds with swords, might actually be worse than Skyrim somehow.
Bloodlines 2 looks like it's going to have the quality of the Thief remake.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BG3 and Righteous Wrath look fun, Avowed has the benefit of taking advantage of what they built in The Outer Worlds and Microsoft money to make it as less garbage as possible, Bloodlines 2 doesn't look fun and doesn't have the money to fix its gameplay problems (writing is a lost cause).

Drowed

Arcane
No Cyberpunk?

Cyberpunk will be Codex GOTY 2020 10/10 with an 800+ page topic on release. Which will certainly piss off the other half of Codex. It's gonna be glorious, I can't wait. The topic will be more interesting and fun than the game itself without a doubt.

Cyberpunk like Witcha 3 will be a game much criticized by edgy retards here, but an excellent game nevertheless. It does not belong in the conversation with the retardations in this thread.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Cyberpunk will be Codex GOTY 2020 10/10 with an 800+ page topic on release. Which will certainly piss off the other half of Codex. It's gonna be glorious, I can't wait. The topic will be more interesting and fun than the game itself without a doubt.
Maybe the Codex was the decline all along?
Cyberpunk like Witcha 3 will be a game much criticized by edgy retards here, but an excellent game nevertheless. It does not belong in the conversation with the retardations in this thread.
An otherwise excellent game that was a pretty horrible RPG gets criticized on a forum that's focused on RPGs.
Weird...

Meh, you get old enough, you realize it's good not to be too dogmatic. Given a choice between a very fun game that's not a proper rpg (Witcha 3 or BotW) and the so called perfect RPG (say AoD), one is clearly a lot more fun than the other. And isn't that what this hobby is all about?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom