Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - From Suikoden creators - coming April 23rd

ZoddGuts

Augur
Kickstarter will be up 9PM PST.

dehimos

Augur
Check trailer: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes

4c453ae95518ce1186c7ac4bb450322d_original.png

Terra

Cipher
Going well so far, but I see physical versions promised for a relatively low tier, that never works out well.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Either this project killed Kickstarter or there is some other Kickstarter issue. The site won't load.

Last edited:

ZoddGuts

Augur
Guess that should be taken as a good sign of large interest of people towards this KS.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Game already racked in 500k USD. Seems good.

Physical tier for 60 bucks? That's why too cheap for small scale production. Expecting a lot of issues with that. Well I guess cost of production in Japan would be cheaper, but still.

Do you guys know what Sigil Button is? I am cosnidering backing at higher tier than digital 4000 JPY/40 USD one but I don't know what the hell Sigil BUtton is

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Physical tier for 60 bucks? That's why too cheap for small scale production. Expecting a lot of issues with that. Well I guess cost of production in Japan would be cheaper, but still.

With this much interest, I'm pretty sure they will get a publisher for this game, that will handle physical goods by themselves or via a company like Limited Run.

Do you guys know what Sigil Button is? I am cosnidering backing at higher tier than digital 4000 JPY/40 USD one but I don't know what the hell Sigil BUtton is

The KS description shows it. Just a button printed a sigil, I guess.

37f2b59a90b540964d63bfc2345c9a2c_original.jpg

A beautiful custom made button emblazoned with a sigil from the world of Eiyuden Chronicle.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Ah so it is physical stuff.

And from the screenshot, it seems we have a talking protagonist instead of Suikoden silent one.

And the usual upgrading your fortress is locked in 750k USD Stretch Goals, hopefully we will get it.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
KS is back online and you can back now.

We are currently on 712k USD so I guess the fortress mode is guaranteed.

1 mio USD for console port seems viable. We will see if they are bringing anything exciting for the Stretch Goals.

Robber Baron

Savant
Words can't express just HOW I was invested into Suikoden universe back in the day. Suikoden 2, 3, I even tried learning japanese to understand Gaidens. To this very day I still hold the last tiny bit of hope for that one final game that will have some kind of grand finale set in Harmonia. I don't have high hopes for this game though, Suikoden wasn't a product of 4 talented people, it was Konami in its prime. But if a miracle happens and this game is somehow on the same level - I sure as hell will welcome it with open arms.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Bloody Hell! This has gone way over my expectations and I couldn't be happier, it's already over 800k and money is pouring in! Nice to see there's still this much love and passion for Suikoden.

:desu:

Bottoms up, lads!

y82pw35tbx921.jpg

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
We are on 1.4 mio USD now

Probably the biggest JRPG KS in a long while. At thsi rate I would assume the KS would end at 2 mio USD at least?

Jinn

Arcane
Considering backing as a big fan of the Suikoden series. As mentioned earlier though, my biggest issue with basically every Suikoden except III was the lack of challenge. I'd have to basically run from battles occasionally to limit my levels in order to retain any challenge for the majority of boss fights. Suikoden was always a series intentionally made on the easier side, but I was kind of hoping to see a "Hard Mode" in the pitch or even the stretch goals. I haven't read the entire Kickstarter pitch thoroughly yet, so maybe I've missed it, though I doubt it.

Hell, I'll probably back it anyways just for the chance to see some of these lead devs come together.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, Suikoden has never been a difficult series and 3 is probably the hardest game overall. TBH like a lot of JRPG the combat is not even close to the reason I play them to begin with so I don't really mind.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mamma Mia this is gathering a ridiculous amount of money, for a series that is far from well known or mainstream nowadays.
Almost makes me wonder if this is big enough to start a second kickstarter age, only this time from JRPG devs and in better and heterosexual.
If this is gonna be gud we might get stuff like a spiritual Terranigma successor.

Terra

Cipher
The skit reminded me of a random Yakuza substory. Backed it as I like what I've seen and read so far and because I want a successor to Suikoden as much as the rest of you, here's hoping this project will meet expectations. The fact they want to retain their own IP is a good sign if this game does well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom