Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't remember CD Projekt ever saying anything would be in third person.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't remember CD Projekt ever saying anything would be in third person.

If my memory serves, I think they hinted that there might be few brief cutscenes few years ago, but they also seemed to backpedal on that somewhat later on. I suppose the reference here is the elevator and morning sequences from the 2018 demo.

If they're gone, good riddance.

mk0

Learned
Going from third-person to first-person perspective increases development requirements, you don't need as much detail in your game when the camera is situated at a distance away from the player character. I've heard that the Witcher 3 crunch was pretty bad, trying to deliver another open world game with the level of detail they've shown so far is fabulously optimistic on their part.

I hope that their gambit of going all in on the graphics whoring pays off, if there's anything left of the game that hasn't been cut by November that is.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Going from third-person to first-person perspective increases development requirements, you don't need as much detail in your game when the camera is situated at a distance away from the player character.

I'm not all that tech savvy, but doesn't it require much more from the animation department (movement, lip sync, all that jazz) and... what ever else is involved, when you go 3rd person?

Well, unless you pull the "camera" sky high as you should and fugheddabout the rest.

Last edited:

mk0

Learned
I'm not all that tech savvy, but doesn't it require much more from the animation department (movement, lip sync, all that jazz) and... collision mapping (??? or what ever) when you go 3rd person?
You're already doing all that stuff either way, if you make the trade-off of doing the extra leg work so that your player character is also viewed from third-person, you get the benefit of having less overall detail in your game thanks to being able to keep your camera at a longer distance. This is the key point, you can hide lower quality textures, models and animation behind camera distance.

With first-person perspective, the player is able to scrutinize every detail for flaws which makes things difficult for the developer.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Again, my recipe for hype resistance potion and day after release disappointment: trust only in game that my eyes can see on the screen and my game character's hands can touch. Skyrim and "g0yz you can talk to and be friends with the G0ints and c0nvince them t0 t0gether destr0y l0cal means 0f pr0ducti0n!" thaught teenager me to trust only what's on hard disk, not on pages of PC magazine promo. Most of AAA games have longer list of lies about them then features.

Bonus advice: never fall in love with game that doesn't exist on hard disk and you haven't personally completed at least once

Yeah but also don't listen to turbo autists who make up a crazy fantasy game in their heads and can never enjoy anything. Don't get me wrong most games are shit, tis true but there are still some fun times to be had out there.

You were supposed to be able to own multiple cribs, properties, apartments etc. and garages which you could fill with your vehicles, a la GTA style. Also you could rearange and customize these properties. You were, until I think late 2018, that is. Not to mention early public commitments to making game as close as possible to its P&P roots. Anyone remember Witcher 2 demo from game that will never be and their promise that it'll be action-3ed person Skyrim? Poles loveee to brag about their game's feature list dick size. Closer you are to release date bed, smaller their game scope dick is until finally after all hype they unzip their pants and completely average albiet nice game dick falls out. Magic of Polish persuasuion. They say Peter Molyneux is Polish on his mother side
They also removed third-person animation. I can't quite recall if you were supposed to be able to play the game in 1st and 3rd person, or if the third person would only feature during dialogues, but they removed it.

And yet, despite cutting all these features, they still found the time to implement dickgirls.

Some third person perspectives/animations remain, like while driving

Readher

Savant
This always makes me laugh. For a shitpost it's surprisingly accurate too, which makes me sad.

58QRgqF.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
they made their E3 over their crowd tech in 2018, everybody was like "Woaaah" and shit when V stepped out of the mega building-plaza, now at least 50% of the crowd's gone according to latest showing and you guys are like "muh'wall running but muh'dual wielding"... and I'm not mad, I am just disappointed in you :smug:

Wunderbar

Arcane
they made their E3 over their crowd tech in 2018, everybody was like "Woaaah" and shit when V stepped out of the mega building-plaza, now at least 50% of the crowd's gone according to latest showing and you guys are like "muh'wall running but muh'dual wielding"... and I'm not mad, I am just disappointed in you :smug:
crowds in these type of games are always just a set dressing, who cares if there are more or less people on streets. Cutting gameplay mechanics - now that's a serious offence.

Quillon

Arcane
crowds in these type of games are always just a set dressing, who cares if there are more or less people on streets.

I thought one of the big things about cyberpunk genre was overpopulation, I care precisely because that it is set dressing.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Daily reminder: In Marcin Iwinski's CD Projekt Red you're since 2014. fired if caught eating meat, veggies & fish only. Also they gave blowjob to Obama with smile on their faces and sent him Collector's Edition of Witcher 2. Where's Collector's Edition of Witcher 3 on Trump's table at White House?

CD Projekt Red are as much muh based Witcher 1/2 Slavs as your highschool crush is still hot after three failed marriages. They are Ubisoft/Bethesda with Bioware sprinkles, shitting for 7 years game. Can you imagine size & smell of shit that took seven years?

kangaxx

Arbiter
They are Ubisoft/Bethesda with Bioware sprinkles, shitting for 7 years game. Can you imagine size & smell of shit that took seven years?

7 years ago the current gen consoles were brand new and still just "ok", not top end in terms of power. Now they're absolute crap compared to what PCs can do, but Cyberpunk will be limited by what those consoles can do.

Then you have the retards online talking about how deep bike mechanics, gunplay mechanics etc will be, as though this will all genres rolled into one.

In summary I can only see serious disappointment for many people hurtling down the track.

Fargus

Arcane
Daily reminder: In Marcin Iwinski's CD Projekt Red you're since 2014. fired if caught eating meat, veggies & fish only. Also they gave blowjob to Obama with smile on their faces and sent him Collector's Edition of Witcher 2. Where's Collector's Edition of Witcher 3 on Trump's table at White House?

CD Projekt Red are as much muh based Witcher 1/2 Slavs as your highschool crush is still hot after three failed marriages. They are Ubisoft/Bethesda with Bioware sprinkles, shitting for 7 years game. Can you imagine size & smell of shit that took seven years?

Im aware, that's why i meant "based slavs" as a mockery. And that orange kike puppet Trump deserves a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 instead.

I never heard about someone being fired from CDPR because of eating meat. Source? I knew the things were bad, but not that hilariously bad.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom