Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's everyone's game time after the final battle? I clocked more than 70 hours and that's an incredibly high amount of time, considering the relatively small size of the module. Chapter 1 is basically nonexistent, and the map for chapter 4 is the size of a thumb, with the same encounter copypasted a dozen times.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Making scripts is pain.
Do you need any help with particular things you want to do? Or do you find it tedious/overwhelming because there are many similar-looking commands with sometimes ambiguous wording that could use some additional sorting/grouping? The latter takes some time to get used to and familiarize yourself with, but assigning to triggers/NPCs and copying (parts of) scripts is much easier than I expected it to be and speeds up the mass production of similar scripts. Also I have no idea how input command search is supposed to work as it seems to operate on root logic, but you can click on "list of possible commands" to sort them alphabetically instead of by script number.
We should prepare a pack of generic scripts, like your multi store NPC, a door with skill check, a door with trap, etc... we just add a 'sampe script' folder to the module folder, then can easily import them whenever needed.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's everyone's game time after the final battle? I clocked more than 70 hours and that's an incredibly high amount of time, considering the relatively small size of the module. Chapter 1 is basically nonexistent, and the map for chapter 4 is the size of a thumb, with the same encounter copypasted a dozen times.

Mine too says 72h and I'll choose to believe it calculates incorrectly because the alternative is too depressing.

Mortmal

Arcane
Late to the club but here's the winning screen finally :
ojxt7rxo28d51.jpg

artakserkso

Educated
Not sure if reported, but you can gain any amount of xp (30 by 30 to all) in 1.03 by typing in the Treasure Chest password in the Low Sewers, clicking okay instead of taking the stuff, then typing the password again, etc.

Tempting... NOM NOM (j/k, I just did it 5 times for the lols)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Not sure if reported, but you can gain any amount of xp (30 by 30 to all) in 1.03 by typing in the Treasure Chest password in the Low Sewers, clicking okay instead of taking the stuff, then typing the password again, etc.

Tempting... NOM NOM (j/k, I just did it 5 times for the lols)
You can also open your save file in the editor and add as much experience as you want to your characters. That's easier and way faster.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Considering the new options such as more feats per level up, stats going up at each level, max HP on levelup etc, you really don't need to do any save editing anymore.

Mind you those options still don't make it easy, but a lot more manageable.

Playing on standard rules but with max HP and all 18s, so it's not too different from my first party, but this party is a lot better than the previous one. Picking different feats and domains probably did it. Really not sure whether my bard is better than the ranger was, but eh. She gets a song of silence which helps shutting up enemy spellcasters.

I've also learned to prioritize enemy spellcasters, and got improved ini on all my chars. That massive fight in the upper sewers was a clusterfuck but it was doable by getting the surprise round and spamming stinking clouds and silence to disable enemy casters.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Men, does the armor enchant Bravery I/II stack (if multiple peeps have it)

It probably doesn't stack, if it does, it's a bug but of course, you can stack multiple morale boosts from different sources.

Ok so a small update.

My 6 wiz party has reached chapter 3.
So far so good, was a lot of reloading but very enjoyable.
Surprisingly, magic missile with accompanying feats turned out to be a monster of a dps spell for burning down foes fast.
Biggest hurdle ofc was the gobbo king so far, but as my lvl grows, i get new spell levels to play with and things get somewhat easier.

Shame the module is so unbalanced, damn you Baguette, get to fixing shit!

At this point im at the pizzara fight, lvl 7 but can lvl to 9. I need advice on nuking the ice devil guise. Halp!

Well, you did it anyway, my samouraï level 7 singlehandedly destroyed everything that came his way in the center of the room.
He screwed skewed them all!

Maybe i'm going to sing a different song later but for everyone saying the samouraï isn't good, you just don't know how to use it...
His swordstyle +1 to +8 skill is calling for the use of a single 1H or 2H weapon with a single enhancement (his skill improving it until +8 depending on his level) leaving 9 points for a lot of fun shit.

Samouraï build at the end of the post.

A bit late but..

I frankly found chapter 4 to be a joke compared to the rape dungeon that was the upper sewers. [...]The hardest fights for me were the spider queen, chapter 3 opening fight and the goblin king ambush.

Well, looks like the only fun fight left is the spider queen one.
Pizara fight wasn't even difficult, beat it on first try (except Pizara joined, her name was invisible on the character list, clicked it and crash to desktop, when reloading she's not in the party anymore :despair: )

Confusion to the eastern crowded part of the cave, insect swarm covering the whole cave except some dudes on close to the western wall.
The Centaur Samouraï skewed everything coming his way in the center, including the ice demon (second turn, first, he missed, then, i flanked the demon with a griffin, luckily, the demon missed his first 3 attacks too) and then a bit of quicksand on the remaining mages, then the sickened cloud (can't remember the fucking name just now) when the orcs comes in and then it's nuke season.

Forgot to mention the DK cornered Pizara on turn one and then she got a crit attack of opportunity in her face after "summoning" the demon, poor thing, i was even afraid she was dead and wouldn't join (turns out it was prescience...)

Dont understand why people tag this incline, this patch is just adding cheating options, editing stats, adding feats like that every levels, i really dont like that . Bending the rules like that that break completely any enjoyment .So is starting at level 2 instead of redesigning a decent starting area. Thats a cheap answer instead trying to rebalance the module and design fair encounters.

I find the module really well balanced, in a screwed way because it's really difficult (as in 1.02) but still, every single encounter is beatable and if you have all four casting types and know your spells, you always have the right spell to destroy what's coming your way.

Example, the chapter 1 underwater fight, brought the druid and the death knight ... Animal trance, level 1 druid spell, had to cast it twice while the half-giant death knight was cleaning the area (couldn't reach the closed area though, no small character to send inside)

Anyway..:

Quallian

1 scrl Wall of Stone (cleric)
3 scrl Flame Strike (cleric)
1 scrl Righteous Might
5 scrl Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
1 scrl Greater Prayer
1 scrl Raise Dead
1 scrl Holy Smite
1 scrl Inflict Critical Wounds
1 scrl Death Ward (cleric)
1 scrl Heroism
1 scrl Vampiric Ray
1 scrl Sound Lance
1 scrl Resilient Grease
1 scrl Energy Shield (wiz)
6 Heal pot.
2 Iron Body pot.

King Tribulus

+1 Snaring Longbow (longbow: snaring, flaming splash, 50.375 gp)
+1 Subverter (greatbow: disrupting, +2 dmg, 72.385 gp)
+3 Frost Recurve Bow (recurve bow: frost, 32.390 gp)
999 arrows
19 sleep arrows
1 slaying arrow (construct)
4 slaying arrow (humanoid)
1 slaying arrow (dragon)
Ring of the archer +2 (ranged attack rolls +2, 64.000 gp)
Ring of the Troll (regeneration, 261.000 gp)
Ring of Free Action (114.000 gp)
Ring of Iron Skin 5 (dr magic OR adamantine 5, 63.000 gp)
Greater Circlet of the Healer (cure critical wounds 3/day, 30.240 gp)
Helm of Wisdom +4 (16.000 gp)
Amulet of the Gorgon (immunity to petrification, 68.000 gp)
Bracers of Devastation +6 (melee dmg rolls +6, 36.000 gp)

Really nice stuff, a lot of slaying arrows (not that i use them) but also a lot of good stuff.
The ring of free action and the bracers of devastation are particularly appealing.

Since the new patch is not savegame compatible, I made a new party. Same characters as before, except:

- changed my cleric's domain powers to summoning that tentacle creature and having more range on spells; previously I gave her blinding and better turning, but turning undead is utterly useless and every other domain power is ten times better; that tentacle beast is a great summon
- replaced my fighter with a samurai; she is focusing on reach weapons and critical hits and goddamn does she do some massive damage; good decision
- replaced my ranger with a bard; probably should have taken a druid instead tbh, the bard is nice but eeeeh... can't keep up with the others in terms of usefulness

The druid is really good, first because of his summons but also because of his damage spells and his crowd control spells and his improved spells depending on the element.

The fighter's wade in feat is really good as well as all his feats but with the new bonus feats, even with the light +1 +1 every other level, you get enough feats for the samourai and wade in isn't mandatory.

Samurai build - 15 feats (16 feats / 18 for a human )
Pick (samurai weapon style to get it to work with the samurai swordstyle)
Cleave
Greater cleave
Attack focus

Imp. stand
3x Saving throws (reflex, fortitude and luck, he already gets iron will for free)
Improved Initiative
Battle cunning
Improve flanking
Greater Flanking
Overrun
Dodge
Mobility

Imp. potions (optional)
2x Trip feats (optional)

Attributes : 18-20 STR depending on his race, mine started with 18, 14 Dex, a lot of CON and some INT if you can manage it, didn't try the new character creation system.
The other great thing about the samurai being he cancels armor speed penalties...

It's good but nothing special until you can forge an adamantine/cold iron (or whatever you see fit) Scythe (20 x4 crit multiplier), then you enchant it +1 after chapter 2's crypt, add the SKEW propriety + swift + giant

From this moment, you're going to skew them all, the giant crocodile, the hydra, the ice demon, they were all skewed!

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My samurai uses a reach weapon, took the unique reach weapon you can get as a reward from the grey goblins for returning the divine symbol, and her feats are focused on improving crits. She sometimes does 100 damage in a single hit. Holy shit.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Anyway, i'm going to start over, maybe i'll go for a Barbarian instead of a Samourai, just to do something different, a Barbarian skewer would be just as efficient, Samourai gets +7 to hit bonus (+1 weapon turned +8) and the Barbarian gets +6 STR +8 from rage (14 STR = +7 bonus as well) so it's exactly the same, except you get improved uncanny dodge, evasion, some more speed, more HP but probably a lower AC.

The rest of the team is solid, Half-giant death knight, elf wizard, psionicist, druid and cleric.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I forgot to add my party to the list of those who managed to successfully go through the entire game:

Donata, cloudtop half-giant fighter (two-handed)
Doveliss, painted mantis gladiator
Arkhangel, stygian human red wizard
Valia, stygian human psionicist
Black Eye, argossian human water druid
Ariel, argossian human cleric (aberration and undeath, basically a wasted domain. I would probably pick silence, reach, mysticism or flux on a subsequent playthrough)

I also recruited the three companions. Pizarra is mandatory to explore a big chunk of chapter 3 before using the first campfire. Erzimon is a cool guy and Asharzaelle can spam mass heal scrolls.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Says I clocked 110 hours, doesn't feel that long though, but I'm sure about 80 of those were just spent reloading.

Final party was:

Ninepenny, rock kobold gladiator (dual garamond grandmaces)
The Big Duluth, rock kobold gladiator (executioner and that destruction greatmace you get near the end)
Typical, scaly kobold cleric (reach, healing)
Ransom, scaly kobold psion
Andras, deep kobold psion (experimenting with higher dex vs higher int, I think int wins out here)
Grey, deep kobold red wizard (transformed)

I only got two of them because I though the limit was 8, besides the paladin gave me bad vibes anyway. After the initial suffering in the upper sewers the rest of the game was easy, psions are ridiculously powerful.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Where are the campfires in chapter 3 (besides the one after Pizzara fight and the lamp)

You get 1 for freeing the merchants from the emperor eye, that's through the water passage south of the Pizarra room and south again at the first intersection when you go through the passage. You get one for completing the death snare which will land you in the dragon room, make sure to clear the enemies in that room that spawn before you complete the snare and you get one at very end after finishing of the demon who tries to stop you from leaving.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Says I clocked 110 hours, doesn't feel that long though, but I'm sure about 80 of those were just spent reloading.

Final party was:

Ninepenny, rock kobold gladiator (dual garamond grandmaces)
The Big Duluth, rock kobold gladiator (executioner and that destruction greatmace you get near the end)
Typical, scaly kobold cleric (reach, healing)
Ransom, scaly kobold psion
Andras, deep kobold psion (experimenting with higher dex vs higher int, I think int wins out here)
Grey, deep kobold red wizard (transformed)

I only got two of them because I though the limit was 8, besides the paladin gave me bad vibes anyway. After the initial suffering in the upper sewers the rest of the game was easy, psions are ridiculously powerful.
The limit is 10, I guess. Maphistor is a bit useless since he is not a caster, but he is a cool guy.

A bunch of questions: what's the garamond grandmace? I may have missed it.

Psions are incredibly strong. They can reliably cast Accelerated Spell and Power every single fight, Mass Greater Ectoplasmic Cocoon might very well be the only disabling spell worth casting in the final chapter and Energy Cone/Energy Ball/Energy Wave with one of their sculpting feat are the absolute best source of damage.
You get one for completing the death snare which will land you in the dragon room, make sure to clear the enemies in that room that spawn before you complete the snare and you get one at very end after finishing of the demon who tries to stop you from leaving.
Wait, what's this? What dragon room? Don't tell me that I missed a bonfire AND some enemies...

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
A bunch of questions: what's the garamond grandmace? I may have missed it.

It's one of the weapons you can wish for from the genie, probably the best one he offers.

Wait, what's this? What dragon room? Don't tell me that I missed a bonfire AND some enemies...

There's no way you missed the room if you did the death snare, but you may have missed out on the ambush and dragon battle if you didn't try to leave or enter the room via the hallway.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

There's no way you missed the room if you did the death snare, but you may have missed out on the ambush and dragon battle if you didn't try to leave or enter the room via the hallway.
Okay, now I understand which room you are talking about. I faced the ambush and the dragon fight before the death snare, so I wasn't connecting the dots.

Still, I got no bonfire after the death snare. Do you have a screenshot or something?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are the green goblins supposed to assist you in the fight against the lizardfolk?

They all start charging in as soon as the surprise round is over.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Still, I got no bonfire after the death snare. Do you have a screenshot or something?

eOALz3J.jpg
Holy giant fuck, in my game I missed it completely... I got a feeling that I encountered too few bonfires, but I thought you were simply supposed to use the genie lamp. This changes things drastically. What fucked me was that I already fully explored that room, so I didn't look hard enough after the death snare. My eyes probably tricked me into believing that it was just another fire trap.

In contrast, chapter 4 is full of campfires everywhere.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Starting over, i can see how people found the underwater shark priest fight quite tough, without spell focus nor the Death knight to gain 15%, animal trance is a coin toss so i went with the kobold psionicist (stomp works great too) and Mantis gladiator (replacing the samourai) and for some reason, getting the surprise round made the fight way harder...

A couple of reloads later, finally put my hands of that trident everyone talked about.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
And i'm getting a "new" bug with 1.03 in the forge? area before the salamander, after the crypt.
After beating the snakes to a pulp, if i click on one character in the central area, get to the inventory and use potions, i can't walk anymore, everything looks normal except i can't move anymore...

Happened twice already, let's go and beat the babaus again, because of course, taking back the quicksave up there doesn't help.

By the way, the DK and the Druid were probably using non enchanted weapon in my previous playthrough, with enchanted ones, they're no trouble at all.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok, another update.

My wizard bros are lvl 11 (chaos and acid fog), atm banking xp. Can level em to 15 but hoarding xp so i can transform em all at one occasion. Everything dies to massive aoe and magic missile.
Oh and magic missile feats are bugged, you do not get the 6th and 7th missile on 11 and 13th lvl.
Got 1 group of those tentacle douchebags left, queen sattram and death snare.
Any advice on last room in death snare?

BlackGoat

Arbiter
How concerned should we be with Pierre getting rid of his QA guy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom