Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
So, it took 2 molotov (1 outside, 1 very lucky one inside) and 4 bear traps to clear all the bugs but then I found Newton's body. I remember when I first entered the warehouse and killed one bug the others went other direction and apparantely killed that poor fucker. It was a while ago before all my lower passages walking and I'm not even sure I have the save. This is bullshit!
On hard there is five psi-bugs. The key is to separate them. First two could be fought near the entrance, using the venerated doorfighting in a room to the north. Third one is patrolling the area with boxes, goal is to kill him quick and avoid triggering the last two. Remaining two are fought with the use of breaking the line of sight, or, if you feel brave, by exploiting the explosive barrel.

jackofshadows

Magister
On hard there is five psi-bugs. The key is to separate them. First two could be fought near the entrance, using the venerated doorfighting in a room to the north. Third one is patrolling the area with boxes, goal is to kill him quick and avoid triggering the last two. Remaining two are fought with the use of breaking the line of sight, or, if you feel brave, by exploiting the explosive barrel.
When I recently (prev patch) cleared them as a PSI whore on hard it was a breeze, no tactics involved. Now, on DOM outside was 3 bugs, I waited untill 1 was far enough and throw molotov at the other two, finished them off and then the third one (shotgun extremely loud though so was no way to not aggro him as well). Inside was like 8-9 bugs but like I said, after I killed first one, I re-stealth and retreated. So when I get back they were all in the hallway near that barrel. I didn't even trigger it, just throw one lucky molotov to incinirate 4 I think and then it was hit and run, abuse line of sight etc, pretty fun actually. It's a shame that I got stuck, was very forward to continue. Now I'm not so sure about re-start :/

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So, it took 2 molotov (1 outside, 1 very lucky one inside) and 4 bear traps to clear all the bugs but then I found Newton's body. I remember when I first entered the warehouse and killed one bug the others went other direction and apparantely killed that poor fucker. It was a while ago before all my lower passages walking and I'm not even sure I have the save. This is bullshit!

On DOM, you close the door, kill that one bug, then lay traps all around, open door in stealth, agro the bugs, and then as they are catched by traps, throw molotovs. Peek around corner and shoot them.

Jezal_k23

Has anyone ever played this game 100% without stealth? Stealth feels mandatory in this game, it must be incredibly crippling in several ways to play without it. How does it feel to miss out on so much stuff? Must suck.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Has anyone ever played this game 100% without stealth? Stealth feels mandatory in this game, it must be incredibly crippling in several ways to play without it. How does it feel to miss out on so much stuff? Must suck.

You can play as terminator and kill everything. It's not like at the end of the game you need that core city alive.

ciox

Liturgist
It's perfectly fine if you have high constitution or wear crafted metal armor, don't even need both at the same time.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, my Hoplite Spartan build. I did cheat a bit and invested into stealth gear and a few skill points so I could do the Rig quest without pissing off all the Black Eels, but other than that it was 100% without stealth, and it was totally fine.

Wunderbar

Arcane
i played it without stealth (on normal difficulty). It was alright, obviously i had to abuse supplementary items such as grenades and traps to get by.

though i've used a bit of stealth to steal batteries from Protectorate during Gorsky's quest (balaclava + tabi boots + cloaking device), and invested into stealth just a bit to get Snipe feat (but that was near the end of the game).

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Killed the Rathound King, kek. Them traps really do magick. Guy has nice armour suit: finally, no need to fight worthless Rathounds (unless I need more Adrenaline Glands) and +1 to STR helps to carry some more loot. Local chief taught me a feat which is completely worthless to my build, kek.

Went on exploring to the West of GMS compound. All was well until I encountered a bunch of PSI bastards surrounded by cats - dafuq is this shit?

Then, went on exploring undertunnels, killed a shitload of lurkers, went North and then - Core city! Totally unexpected. Nice level design.

Though, I got to say: with my build Adrenaline shots became quite a necessary item. Every fucking faggot in this game lowers my AP - and with dumped AG and DEX, 95% armour penalty (got myself armour sloping feat, but still no good metal to craft a new set), and reliance on brrr I really need those AP. So, I either crippled - or dazed (Thick Skull works), can't burst, shoot some Adrenaline, brr one guy, get a free brr, kill one more - and so on. Good thing that Adrenaline Shots are easy to farm and craft.

Tigranes

Arcane

It's liberating when you realise you don't have to inch and reload every single map for 40 minutes, and your build can actually just walk in to a lot of them (on Hard, anyway). I like stealth, but people tend to get really attached to certain 'must haves'.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On my first normal playthrough I completed the game using swords and for defense focusing only on dodge + evasion (so no armor or stealth) and a bit of traps at the beginning.

Xeon

Augur
Anyone manged to do the Beast fight on dominating with the new changes to Psi? That fight was probably the hardest fight for me pure Psi so I am kinda wondering how hard it got after the nerfs. Is it much harder or still manageable even if you are kinda scuffed.

Kinda wish they also do a patch where hurting allies during a fight accidentally doesn't instantly aggro them unless it happens again, I had to reload a lot because I miss threw a grenade or lighting Psi attack and ended up hitting an ally and aggroing them as well during the fight.

I saw someone mention its been 4-5 years for the game and they now making drastic changes to Psi, I kinda agree that's kinda weird, would have thought things like that would fit a sequel or something.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
This makes me wonder if I've put too much into stealth on my current character, a shotgunner. I only really use it to sneak up on groups of enemies and blast them with a 20p shell. Given that I'm playing on Classic mode I fight essentially everyone I come across. Perhaps stealth is more useful in Oddity when it's often not in your interests to take on enemies?

Xeon

Augur
I don't remember the exact amount but I think I invest decent points to stealth to avoid the invisible spiders and other enemies from seeing me before I see them just so they don't ambush me. I think the only down side to stealth is if you leave an area while enemies are still actively hostile, you are instantly revealed if you come back later iirc.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
On dominating you need something like 200 effective stealth to safely come upon enemies. I might be wrong and 150 is enough, but spiders have very high detection rate. Anything above that is a waste. Always have a set of special stealth gear for sneaking through enemies.
I wouldn't bother to outstealth/outdetect crawlers on dominating. Its futile.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I wouldn't bother to outstealth/outdetect crawlers on dominating. Its futile.
It's doable.
https://webm.red/sMIC.webm

Thats with foreknowledge. And its still abysmally slow. NV dont improve detection AFAIK.
And that's dominating? I had 300 detection with paranoia and goggles and still was outdetected more often than i would like. Black Crawlers are even tougher.

That's why detection is a wasted feat. You just go into fight, remember where stealthed enemies are and then reload. For high stealth enemies like crawlers, its easier to drop a flare in the battle, because you will rarely get them before they get you.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thats with foreknowledge.
Isn't there a "stealth sound" that plays when you enter a map with stealthed enemies, that would warn you to their presence and make you say "Medalllion's humming. Crawlers, gotta be."?

That's why detection is a wasted feat. You just go into fight, remember where stealthed enemies are and then reload.
Leaked entry from the next patch changelog, given to me by Russian hackers:
  • Starting locations of stealthed enemies are now randomized every time a map is entered

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Isn't there a "stealth sound" that plays when you enter a map with stealthed enemies, that would warn you to their presence and make you say "Medalllion's humming. Crawlers, gotta be."?

That's why detection is a wasted feat. You just go into fight, remember where stealthed enemies are and then reload.
  • Starting locations of stealthed enemies are now randomized every time a map is entered

Flares and Molotovs are all you need.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

They removed it in one patches.

Yeah that would be bad. Crawlers are random, but most of these assassin lurkers are much easier to detect and preplaced.

Molotovs are dirt cheap later in the game. And you can make ones for as low as 4 stygian coin. You can basically have a stockpile with 100 molotovs and that's just the monye you get from one quest.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom