Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Gerrard

Arcane
Updated my decline_enablers.txt
:updatedmytxt:

ekrolo2

Learned
I'm enjoying the game. I wouldn't try to sell anyone on it. You've got to be in the right mood or state of mind to want to play this game. Once you've played it for 10-15 hours, you know if it's for you or not. But good luck trying to get someone to play that far into it who isn't into the concept from the start.

Couldn't imagine enjoying playing this at 30 FPS on a shitty console though. Glad I ignored it until the PC release.
How many of those 10-15 hours are gameplay? 2,3? I cannot be arsed to sit through movie length cutscenes in my games anymore.

kain30

Cipher
I'm enjoying the game. I wouldn't try to sell anyone on it. You've got to be in the right mood or state of mind to want to play this game. Once you've played it for 10-15 hours, you know if it's for you or not. But good luck trying to get someone to play that far into it who isn't into the concept from the start.

Couldn't imagine enjoying playing this at 30 FPS on a shitty console though. Glad I ignored it until the PC release.
How many of those 10-15 hours are gameplay? 2,3? I cannot be arsed to sit through movie length cutscenes in my games anymore.

Just finished the game this evening. 66 hours of gameplay for me, 11 hours where of video. not bad for me.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm at 30 hours and just began chapter 5. I'm pretty sure like 90% of chapter 3 was just pure gameplay and that was the longest chapter for me.

ybfelix

Novice
Played this on ps4 last year, despite all the ridicules it received for being literal walking simulator (which is fun enough while the game lasted IMO), I feel the game's biggest failing was actually in its story. It just feel very basic, and hangs on the made-up concept of
extinction entity
that doesn't work. Characters are HAM but it's Kojima and console players should have expected that by now. Had it got a more satisfying story that rewarded the hours spent on virtual delivering, it would have better words of mouth from people who played it.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yep, I'm sure the game only has 2-3 hours gameplay. And I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
That really is cringeworthy. Wish I could rate dumb fuck or retarded or butthurt or something. I'll just leave this comment instead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The absolute fucking irony of Jenkem shitting on DE while he sits there and laps up Death Stranding. Bitch made faggot.

shitting on an "rpg" with no gameplay while I sit here and lap up a game that's 90% gameplay. explain the irony, you cum-guzzling troglodyte. lmao at the absolute state of the DE fan. the cope is real.
The irony is that pushing the "W" key is not much more different than pushing the left mouse button in Disco. The difference is that when you like it,it is great gameplay cycle,but when you don't,it is not even a game lol. In a few words.......hypocrisy.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
But that's not at all what you do in Death Stranding. It's extremely important to chart an intelligent path, to use your ladders and such strategically, to steady your balance, to pack your gear properly...

If you literally just pressed "w" you would never finish the game because your character will keep breaking all the stuff he is meant to deliver...

MapMan

Arcane
Tbh, all the difficulty did go away the moment you get the mechanical legs or whatever they're called (I played it back on ps4). They remove almost all challenge and it's really easy to move through almost anything while fully loaded. That's why I gave up on the game while in Central. There's no real challenge and the enemies are really underwhelming and most of the equipment you acquire later on is useless as it is just as effective as the items you get early on (blood grenades, for instance).

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
If you literally just pressed "w" you would never finish the game because your character will keep breaking all the stuff he is meant to deliver...
desertbus1_custom-7231669c6ba637d47fd5dcad601de43c2d03160f.jpg

Terenty

Liturgist
Tbh, all the difficulty did go away the moment you get the mechanical legs or whatever they're called (I played it back on ps4). They remove almost all challenge and it's really easy to move through almost anything while fully loaded. That's why I gave up on the game while in Central. There's no real challenge and the enemies are really underwhelming and most of the equipment you acquire later on is useless as it is just as effective as the items you get early on (blood grenades, for instance).
I agree that the overall diffiiculty wasn't challenging enough, but tbf most of the gadgets do come in handy when you are trying to build roads, connect every prep to the network and 5 star them. Then you have to use vehicles, floating carriers, sticky guns, shelters, check map for rain, smartly set up zip lines etc.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Eh what about MGS1 or 3 was difficult to follow or completely nonsensical? MGS2 for sure this applies though.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Eh what about MGS1 or 3 was difficult to follow or completely nonsensical? MGS2 for sure this applies though.

Nothing was nonsensical but kojima really needs an editor and he LOVES dumping exposition on you. IIRC the only reason mgs3 came out the most conventional and straight forward of the bunch is because kojima took a backseat and it was some other guy doing a lot of the writing.

Sentinel

Arcane
Kojima used to have editors but they all commit suicide eventually.
He didn't. MGS1-3 were mostly his solo works, with Tomokazu Fukushima working on optional codec calls. He only started having writing collaborators, in the modern sense of the word, from MGS4 onwards, when he brought on Shuyo Murata, among others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom