Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Owlcat hiring to develop a turn-based sci-fi RPG

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Most likely 40k imo.
That would be great, but I doubt it. The life of a Wh40k fan is suffering.

If it makes you happier one can observe that there is no adventure path or good playtested RPG system for 40k that is ready to be adapted, leaving the field open for truly galaxy-brained russian design, development hell and finally bankruptcy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd love a Warhammer party-based RPG. Whether 40k or fantasy. But on the condition I can play something other than the space marines or imperial forces if it's 40k

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I do hope Owlcat break off from Pathfinder, now that they've gotten a solid reputation. Make new cool stuff! Make Noonverse RPG!

More than likely going to be a Starfinder adventure path adaptation.

Owlcat's attempts at making original content have been poorly received so wanting something original from them may end up a monkey's paw. :M

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
What was there in good Russian sci-fi recently?
Mostly Lukyanenko. His novels from 90's were between loose science fiction and space opera (he did not have the same level of science as, for example, Arthur Clarke). Among others, Lukyanenko had a very nice dilogy which was loosely based on the game "Master of Orion". Also, there was Vladimir Vasilyev, and some predecessors of "попаданцы" genre wrote pretty nice stories as well.

aleph

Arcane
Among others, Lukyanenko had a very nice dilogy which was loosely based on the game "Master of Orion".

What are the title of those books? I have read a couple of books by him and liked them, wouldn't mind to read some more good books by him.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Starfinder sucks, it does some weird mix of fantasy, horror and fantasy cliches but in this case, weird not on the good weird way like Planescape but weird on the sense of: "Hey, elves are cool, Cuthullu is cool, lasors are cool, magic is cool, lets mix all that shiet and worry about that making any sense later." However, it is totally possible to do a great game on a shiet setting, just select the less retarded elements and focus on them.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Actually, a game in one of the worlds of Russian sci-fi writers would be good. There is no ready-to-use game system, though, so they will have to improvise.
35tg6e9lr9j0wzk039fqbus7n.jpg

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I'd love a Warhammer party-based RPG. Whether 40k or fantasy. But on the condition I can play something other than the space marines or imperial forces if it's 40k
Disgusting xenophile, prepare to receive the Emperor's Mercy.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Starfinder sucks, it does some weird mix of fantasy, horror and fantasy cliches but in this case, weird not on the good weird way like Planescape but weird on the sense of: "Hey, elves are cool, Cuthullu is cool, lasors are cool, magic is cool, lets mix all that shiet and worry about that making any sense later." However, it is totally possible to do a great game on a shiet setting, just select the less retarded elements and focus on them.
I don't think the Starfinder setting is any worse than Pathfinder's Golarion. It might even be better, though I didn't read as much about it. The problems with Starfinder are mechanical, as already explained, and those are harder to fix in a vidya adaptation.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't think the Starfinder setting is any worse than Pathfinder's Golarion. It might even be better, though I didn't read as much about it. The problems with Starfinder are mechanical, as already explained, and those are harder to fix in a vidya adaptation.
After all, "Hey, elves are cool, Cuthullu is cool, lasors are cool, magic is cool, lets mix all that shiet and worry about that making any sense later." works perfectly as a description for Golarion.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WH:40K you heretics!.

Edit: So do I get a prize or something for expecting them to make a WH (and a thread) game next before this announcement came out?. Assuming it is a WH game.

Longes

Augur
Starfinder is infinitely worse than Golarion. You can at least do some fantasy genre emulation with Pathfinder and Golarion. With Starfinder - forget about it. It's a retarded mess with no rhyme or reason to it.

Give me Monk anon! I do love Monk anon! I do! Do not worry anons it is okay anons because I was 4channel ban 30 day anons for flame war nonsense anons but I am not flame war I am wife scholar! I am! What! I did want tell Monk anon anons so I did register Soviet mail anons to post Codex nonsense anons! I did! Thank you anons! You are all good anons!

Vatnik Wumao
Give me Monk anon! I do love Monk anon! I do! Do not worry anons it is okay anons because I was 4channel ban 30 day anons for flame war nonsense anons but I am not flame war I am wife scholar! I am! What! I did want tell Monk anon anons so I did register Soviet mail anons to post Codex nonsense anons! I did! Thank you anons! You are all good anons!
Based schizoposter.

overly excitable young man

Kys chanfag! You are worth less than the dirt under my finger nails!

No! Stupid stinky poop panda! Why do have dirt under finger nails! Why do! Is it from dig obesity grave! Is it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom