Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs with the best casts

• Thread starter Lilliput McHammersmith
  • Start date

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Zed Duke of Banville, his bitch Wuuf the Bika and the rest of the cast from Dungeon Master.
They don't nag or sexually harass you.
89e853e8-bb0c-4001-899e-226ef39637db.png

Lilliput McHammersmith

• Jagged Alliance 2. I'm sure the combat is great, but without a compelling cast, it's hard for me to get immersed.
:what:
Yeah, that was spoken like someone who nevery played the game. WTF am i reading? indeed
Well as I said, I’m liable to be very wrong on that list. That was just my impression. It’s definitely cool that all the mercs have distinct voices, but compare the mercs to something like Morte from Planescape. Are they anything like that? From what I have seen, no. But I could definitely be wrong there. That was my whole point of making that list, so that people could tell me I was wrong about these games.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Well as I said, I’m liable to be very wrong on that list. That was just my impression. It’s definitely cool that all the mercs have distinct voices, but compare the mercs to something like Morte from Planescape. Are they anything like that? From what I have seen, no. But I could definitely be wrong there. That was my whole point of making that list, so that people could tell me I was wrong about these games.

It's just that you said Jagged Alliance 2 doesn't have a compelling cast, but I personally think it does. The characters are not as fleshed out as PS:T or MotB, but they've got a bit more depth than you might think. There is a ton of reactive dialogue for each of the 62 human companions. PS:T only has a companion pool of 6.

Ninjerk

Arcane
And if I'm not mistaken, notable mercs from the previous entries make an appearance as antagonists (I'm thinking of the guy with the G11 at the prison, it felt a little bit like fan service).

Lemming42

Arcane
The best character ever in an RPG is the Chosen One from Fallout 2. Just a completely nasty dickhead to absolutely everyone s/he meets, it's fantastic. Who needs a cast of NPCs when the protag already has so much personality?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Zed Duke of Banville, his bitch Wuuf the Bika and the rest of the cast from Dungeon Master.
They don't nag or sexually harass you.
89e853e8-bb0c-4001-899e-226ef39637db.png
Pre-teen me had the amiga version with the art edit.... yeah.... nude boobies. I was kinda delighted with the nudus bunsus spell in Keef the thief too.

Hello Cookie the Secretary..
HTb5Yd8.png

fYSCFXm.png

V1nfDl9.png

cT5oO8H.png

Hmmm.. the barmaid too?
ZwoKeor.png

6KmZLNv.png

Who sort of looks like the mermaid?
64hZy0n.png

And rings of power looks similar... as we've seen.
2mKmbTh.png

3b9AbbL.png
deja vu

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Almost forgot about Hyperdimension Neptunia series that has a great cast of characters. Nep Nep is easily one of the best protagonists in RPG history.

TUmN0Zz.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought people liked Vert's assets more?
25FD7FABBC095A2775789004A9B2899653B75EFF
SF11jse.gif

PLEASE STOP OBJECTIFYING US VIA FAN-SERVICE!
0cf0bc88b40b7e80105713d5d5a9e454c0ddd8d8_hq.gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom