Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

jackofshadows

Magister
Maybe something is really wrong with me but I'm waiting for this game to read all that and then shit out how Mitsoda exactly got woke, how pathetic lore has become etc etc. I mean, there's no hope, isn't it?

Silverfish

Arbiter
Oh come on, it's not all that bad. Worst case scenario, just mute your monitor, crank up Transylvanian Hunger and treat BL2 like the worlds most expensive music video.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Oh come on, it's not all that bad. Worst case scenario, just mute your monitor, crank up Transylvanian Hunger and treat BL2 like the worlds most expensive music video.
What? Bloodlines is an '80s goth rock kind of game. Blast some Only Theatre of Pain or First and Last and Always. Black metal's for something more unrelenting.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Maybe something is really wrong with me but I'm waiting for this game to read all that and then shit out how Mitsoda exactly got woke, how pathetic lore has become etc etc. I mean, there's no hope, isn't it?

WoD has always been pathetically woke. The fact that BL1 remained relatively inoffensive was thanks to that particular dev team.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
BL2 has the same composer as BL1, so sountrack is one of the things I'm not very worried about.
Lol. I remember an interview with him from 5 years ago. He was like "Yeah, when I composed BL1, I just got out of prison, I was at the lowest point in my life, I was living under the bridge, my wife left me, my kids disavowed me, so when I got the gig, I channeled it all into this album and I left a piece of my soul in it. Now I live in a mansion, I got a family, I'm a happy man. There's no way I could compose something like BL2, nor would I, for any money". And then lo and behold, he's BL2 composer. And you're "not worried". Mission accomplished, just like with PoE kickstarter when they mentioned BG2, or when W2 namedropped Fallout. You know what they call people like you? A mark.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
WoD has always been pathetically woke. The fact that BL1 remained relatively inoffensive was thanks to that particular dev team.

It was 90s/00s liberal which meant pushing the envelope and being edgy to stick it to the conservatives. Bloodlines was no different.

Longes

Augur
VtM was very progressive by the standards of its time, acknowledging that sex, black people and homosexuals exist. VtM wasn't always good at these things, but it tried. Compared to the highly sterile AD&D, VtM was like a pride parade. But obviously in 2020 knowledge of these things is the norm, and VtM looks outdated.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
VtM was very progressive by the standards of its time, acknowledging that sex, black people and homosexuals exist. VtM wasn't always good at these things, but it tried. Compared to the highly sterile AD&D, VtM was like a pride parade. But obviously in 2020 knowledge of these things is the norm, and VtM looks outdated.

In the interest of honest hate, the real woke shit was often relegated to Werewolf and Mage, the "good guy" factions.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
VtM was very progressive by the standards of its time, acknowledging that sex, black people and homosexuals exist. VtM wasn't always good at these things, but it tried. Compared to the highly sterile AD&D, VtM was like a pride parade.

By the standard of the 90's?

Nope, nope, nope.

At least not on the sex or black people counts - we've had plenty of either in the 80's. The homosex count I shall grant you, seeing as how Philadelphia only came out ( :lol: ) 2 years after VtM.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It was 90s/00s liberal which meant pushing the envelope and being edgy to stick it to the conservatives. Bloodlines was no different.

Now they are making it as political correct as possible to stick it to the conservatives. How times change.

Vatnik Wumao

Now they are making it as political correct as possible to stick it to the conservatives. How times change.
Nah. The liberal of today will become the conservative of tomorrow.

Edit: Overton window, Luckmann.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What in the fucking fuck have they done to the Tremere?

A lot of V5 is "what the fuck did they do". For example, all creepy-crawly necromancer clans/bloodlines like Giovanni, what remained of Cappadocians, Nagaraja, Samedi, etc are now rolled into new Clan Hecata.

Symbol-Hecata-Classic.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom