Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Jinn

Arcane
That's gotta be some of the worst marketing I've ever seen. Terrible.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Hello everyone,

We are getting closer to the release of Grounded, so to help you prepare we would like to share with you the current release schedule!

Grounded is expected to release at the same time across all platforms on July 28, 2020, at 10:00 PDT (UTC - 7). To help those of you playing from other regions, below you will find a list of when the game will approximately be available to play through Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC, and to purchase through Xbox Game Preview, the Microsoft Store, and Steam Early Access:

• July 28, 2020 - 10:00 PDT
  • July 28, 2020 - 13:00 EDT
  • July 28, 2020 - 14:00 BRT
  • July 28, 2020 - 18:00 BST
  • July 28, 2020 - 19:00 CEST
  • July 28, 2020 - 19:00 SAST
  • July 28, 2020 - 20:00 MSK
  • July 29, 2020 - 01:00 SGT
  • July 29, 2020 - 03:00 AEST
  • July 29, 2020 - 05:00 NZST
If you do not see your time zone listed, you can use any one of the free time zone converter clocks available to convert July 28, 2020, 10:00 PDT, to your time zone so you will be prepared!

Grounded is included with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC, and will be available for purchase on July 28th through Xbox Game Preview, the Microsoft Store, and Steam Early Access for $29.99

We are excited to see everyone enter the backyard again (or for the first time) in a few days! See you all in the backyard soon!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like this is silently gaining attentions. Follower number on Steam is comparable to Sea of Thieves's release date number (which sold over a million copies on Steam).

Duraframe300

Arcane
Servers were overloaded in the beginning, leading to not be able to create a lobby. so there's definitly interest.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
What is this early access trash. Microsoft ownership will destroy obshitian like it did with rare.

Flou

Arbiter
Servers were overloaded in the beginning, leading to not be able to create a lobby. so there's definitly interest.

Little over 12k players over on Steam currently. GamePass (PC and Xbox) should be higher though. Their server was definitely getting bombarded a bit there

Mortmal

Arcane
Looks like a game that some grandma would buy for her grandchildren.
Seems decent i could get it for my little nephew it's hard to find game for kids , for now i introduced him to fps with warhammer vermintide, He quite liked but but he said to me " It's nothing like pokemon" .It's true the warhammer rich lore might be a bit too much of a change compare to pokemon . This game might just do it and be a little more suitable to a 7 year old.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Seems like there isn't yet much story content. Half an hour if you rush through it.
Which is a decent decision for Early Access considering you'd want to get the survival gameplay part right first and still give people enough to dick around in.

What however is a cardinal sin is that the game kicks you to the title screen when you reach the end of story content. Why is that a sin?
Because it does so in MULTIPLAYER too.
Obsidian, Obsidian.... Gonna get a lot of frustrated complaints there.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagining Microsoft being surprised by this launch and demand obsidian to allocate more resources before losing the wave.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Imagining Microsoft being surprised by this launch and demand obsidian to allocate more resources before losing the wave.

''Avowed is cancelled. Obsidian is survival focus developer from here on out.''

Seems like there isn't yet much story content. Half an hour if you rush through it.
Which is a decent decision for Early Access considering you'd want to get the survival gameplay part right first and still give people enough to dick around in.

What however is a cardinal sin is that the game kicks you to the title screen when you reach the end of story content. Why is that a sin?
Because it does so in MULTIPLAYER too.
Obsidian, Obsidian.... Gonna get a lot of frustrated complaints there.

Game looks better than 90% of the early access survival games tbh. Not high bar tho.

The Real Fanboy

This is so cool
PisJSVN.png

Last edited:

Flou

Arbiter
Game looks better than 90% of the early access survival games tbh. Not high bar tho.

Plays better too. I played State of Decay 2 with my cousin for few nights before Grounded and I think Grounded is already a better game. Grounded has really good lighting and graphics are nice enough and gameplay is quite smooth which is fucking rare for a Obsidian game. Matt Booty and Phil Spencer are happy campers currently.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Considering how small the dev team is I wouldn't be surprised if its going to make back its development cost in a day. Even at a 30 Dollar price point.

(Microsoft fucked up regional pricing on Steam though. In Brazil it costs as much as an AAA game :lol:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom