Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Anyone seen watched this? The dialogue/quest design looks damn impressive. If this is how they made the whole game, i'll definitely play. Didn't even watch that much of it as not to spoil myself, but even skimming through there are things that fallout veterans should creme their pants from. Voice acting is somehow hit and miss. Too much silly use if 'fucking', but that is to be expected from a mod.

Cael

Arcane
Anyone seen watched this? The dialogue/quest design looks damn impressive. If this is how they made the whole game, i'll definitely play. Didn't even watch that much of it as not to spoil myself, but even skimming through there are things that fallout veterans should creme their pants from. Voice acting is somehow hit and miss. Too much silly use if 'fucking', but that is to be expected from a mod.

Oblivion With Guns never looked so apt...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see Codex isn't totally sold on this mod, but it looks like it will be coming out soon with a simple install option on Steam.

The mod will not be standalone. It also will not be paid. It will be a steam install that'll install as an exe into your legitimate NV installation and provide an extremely easy install option, including all requirements and patching, for users who want to play the mod without having to learn the basics of modding. This is all a work in progress currently, and does NOT in any way affect the current development of the mod. Please do not make assumptions about how Bethesda has contacted us or spoken to us. We will also be releasing on nexus as a standard mod installation with no EXE installer for users who are already modding their game. Both installs will also feature quick start options to get levelled up for the mod so players don't have to play vanilla NV for a hundred hours just to play The Frontier

I'm personally looking forward to it. Especially after checking out this video:

Looks it could be a fun romp through an icy wasteland.

Wunderbar

Arcane
It got its own steam page, which means it's comparable to Enderal (assuming there are people at Bethesda reviewing mods before allowing them to havea steam page).

Cael

Arcane
It got its own steam page, which means it's comparable to Enderal (assuming there are people at Bethesda reviewing mods before allowing them to havea steam page).

:hype:

giphy.gif

ironmask

Arbiter
Oh boy, I can't wait to play through someone's big budget fanfiction with twice the retcons and potholes. I still have yet to hear any good reason why the legion and NCR are in the north. This is gonna be New California again.

The Jester

Cipher
Oh boy, I can't wait to play through someone's big budget fanfiction with twice the retcons and potholes. I still have yet to hear any good reason why the legion and NCR are in the north. This is gonna be New California again.
They aren't the main branch of NCR
Exiled NCR Forces
The NCR in the Frontier are mostly comprised of veterans and conscripted soldiers from the NCR-Brotherhood War.

That war lasted for decades and each victory for the NCR came at a very high cost. At the start of the war, the NCR was crushed in nearly every battle.The Brotherhood of Steel had access to far superior technology, as well as being more rigorously trained and disciplined. Though they were severely outnumbered by the NCR, the Brotherhood was determined to win the war. Soon the NCR had to stray from conventional battle tactics and adopted a new strategy… attrition.

Unable to attain a decisive victory in direct warfare, the NCR generals were hoping the Brotherhood would be unable to sustain a prolonged conflict. Wave after wave of NCR troopers were continually expended to break the Brotherhood’s back.
However, setback after setback caused the overall morale to plummet and led to many deserters among the NCR forces. Due to the high casualties accosted each victory, each hard-fought battle seemed like a loss no matter the outcome. Determined to prevent a complete breakdown of the army, the NCR brass promised every conscript who were forced to fight a voluntary discharge.

With renewed focus and energy, the NCR opened up a new front in the Mojave. After many battles, despite the NCR sustaining heavy casualties for each victory, the Brotherhood was finally cornered at Helios One. The Brotherhood made one last valiant stand but was finally defeated.
With the Mojave Chapter defeated, the Mojave was finally under NCR control. The conscripts were finally free of fighting, and could return home.

After several months of supervising Helios One, General Blackthorne, the commander of the conscripted forces, arrived at Camp Mccarran to receive his men’s discharge papers. Expecting his men’s repose, he was instead ordered by General Lee Oliver to defend Hoover Dam from the impending Legion assault. Knowing that, once again, his men would become mere cannon fodder for the NCR war machine, General Blackthorne made the decision to abandon the NCR and flee into the Frontier.

Over the next few years, Blackthorne and his men continued to focus on improving their position, and observed the unfolding events of the Mojave. Their ultimate goal was to return to the NCR to overthrow President Kimball and his warmongering staff, and stop the endless cycle of war.

And about Legion:
The Northern Legion
Lead by Legate Marcus Valerious, the Northern Legion started as a small expeditionary force sent to conquer the areas north of the NCR to prepare for a full invasion of California. They expected to face weak tribals and encountered Blackthorne’s exiles instead.

Taking advantage of the Exiles failures and atrocities, Valerious absorbed the long suffering Snowblind and Bleeder tribes into his Legion, growing it into a fighting force larger, if not stronger, then Lanius’.

Valerious hopes to use his success in the Frontier to prove himself to Caesar and eventually be seen as an equal to Lanius.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Look out Cyberpunk! Now New Vegas lets you drive around and run people over. If it has playable pachinko machines, it's confirmed best RPG ever.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck, they pushed it up... would have been perfect for a December release :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom