Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Where Game Series Should Have Ended

JDR13

Arcane
I'm so happy that they never made a Deus Ex game after the first one. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

One day you try-hards will accept that Human Revolution is really good, and bask in the light of incline.

I think Mankind Divided is better, but to each his own.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think Mankind Divided is better, but to each his own.

They're both really good. Manking Divided's gameplay probably slightly better, HR's story probably slightly better, IMO. I only played MD once though, so we'll see once I've played it a handful of times like HR.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
WoW should have stopped at Burning Crusade at the earliest and Lich King at the latest.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
For some reason people like for things to come in 3s. As a general rule, quality ends after 2. Sometimes 1. Never go beyond 2 unless you REALLY have a lot of good ideas that didn't get a chance the first time around.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
One day you try-hards will accept that Human Revolution is really good, and bask in the light of incline.
I do like Human Revolution and Human Revolution 2: Mankind Divided quite a bit, but they work better as their own thing than as Deus Ex games. If anything, the Deus Ex name comes off as a hindrance that prevented the devs from going full Akira / Ghost in the Shell / whatever like they would've wanted to, although it probably pushed them into some decent game design as well.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
the Deus Ex name comes off as a hindrance that prevented the devs from going full Akira / Ghost in the Shell / whatever
You telling me that modern developers are full of creativity that can only be stopped by ancient name like Deus Ex, whose last and only good game was released two decades ago?
That's cute.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Halo should've ended at Myth 2.

But seriously, most games post turn of the century. I'm always scratching my head when reminded that franchises like AssCreed, Farcry or CoD are getting like two games per year.

Obvious take: I guess I enjoyed SoD and TotE, but it wouldn't hurt if HoMM ended at Arma's Blade.

Controversial take: Dungeon Keeper is in my top10 ever, but DK2 always felt like some try hard spinoff with horribly off-putting monster/creature cast.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
TES should've ended at Morrowind

Prince of Persia - both the original and the reboot were amazing at the first title, but hurriedly dropped off after that with milking. Prince of Persia 3D as its 'first title' just failed, simply put.

The Sands of Time Trilogy not only are the best ones in the series but also the only truly good 3D ones.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell at Chaos Theory.

Double Agent was great. Not as good as CT but still a great game. I remember there was only one mission I was only to ghost.

Dark Souls did not need a sequel.
-Dark Souls 2 was good, but didn't need to exist

DS2 > DS1

Red Dead should have stayed on the trajectory Revolver set as a big homage to spaghetti Westerns

Revolver was as big an homege to spaghetti Westerns as God Hand was (that is to say it wasn't one at all)... :M

MGS3 is Kojima being forced against his will to make another sequel

Actually he did want to make MGS3. What he didn't want to make was MGS4, or more specifically a MGS game that continued the story of MGS2.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom