Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Ninjerk

Arcane
It feels alright. I'm still not in love with the sprites, but they're obviously in constant revision. The little portrait and the dice rolling area give me hope that there's something cool happening there.

mercyRPG

Cipher
WOW! Just saw the trailer on RPGWatch and I liked the new look very much! Congratulations for the amazing, new Art Direction!

To Developer:
I mean no disrespect, for I know, what is going on backstage, but if you want a Pension Project - retirement plan - with this game, you must make the turn-based combat function a little bit more like XCOM: UFO DEFENSE. XPiratez, and The X-Com Files are proof that I speak the truth. :)

Diggfinger

Arcane
Still getting used to the 2D SitS-style characters but oddly I think this new look is a good amalgamation of what came before it...

roshan

Arcane
Ironically, during the earliest conceptualization phase of the game, pre Kickstarter, it was supposed to be 2D characters on a 3D rendered background... Then they wanted camera rotation and wanted to resolve fog of war etc issues and switched to 3D characters. And now literally years later coming back to what they first thought of at the very beginning :roll::roll::roll:

geno

Savant
Ironically, during the earliest conceptualization phase of the game, pre Kickstarter, it was supposed to be 2D characters on a 3D rendered background... Then they wanted camera rotation and wanted to resolve fog of war etc issues and switched to 3D characters. And now literally years later coming back to what they first thought of at the very beginning :roll::roll::roll:
And at some point they'll return to 3D models. I don't give a fuck anymore, just want they to release anything.

Herumor

Scholar
The video reminded me a little bit of Syndicate

Except Syndicate's look is somewhat fitting for the time the game was released. It's been a while since then.

wish they had kept copper dreams.

That might imply the game had loftier goals. The trailer they've shown doesn't inspire confidence in the RPG department. While I'm certainly not opposed to combat in RPGs, that seems to be the main, or rather sole, focus of this game from here on.

Have they said anything at all about the story, why they changed the name or how they're actually going to implement cyberware in the game?

buffalo bill

Arcane
How in the name of bloody hell is this game that looks more like a fucking abortion, still generating posts in this thread ? Have Codexians turned into complete fucking retards ?
The beta is actually kinda fun tbh. But they really need to fix the controls for movement, freaking mouse clicks sucks and no diagonal movement sucks, and I'm constantly accidentally clicking a box that my character will run over to (which can't be canceled once initiated!) through a deadly hail of gunfire. But the more I play the more potential I see: different weapons have different strengths, positioning and cover is important, different weapon firing modes are useful in different situations. Better controls alone will make it feel like way less of a cluster fuck, and all the cool mechanics under the hood will be more obvious I think

grimace

Arcane
This is pretty much as active as they've ever been on social media/self-promotion. So maybe that's a good sign?

There was a lot of promotion before, during, and immediately following the Copper Dreams Kickstarter.

How soon do you expect to see a pre-order option made available?

They are just in their manic phase. We´ve been there many times with them to know better.

Social media, replying to emails, doing interviews all drain a creative person. Anything that disrupts the creative flow state slows down production.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom