Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
When it comes to remastering games, more than anything, we focus on the respect to the original work. In any case, we strongly felt that we shouldn’t do anything unnecessary.
Sound of dubstep from PSP Persona intensifies.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I wonder if it is possible now to cut completely the VA costs and have VO with a reasonable quality by generating it using AI...
Sure, it'll sound great. Here's an example:

Ah ah. I remember the Amiga having integrated in its OS the possibility to convert text to speech on the fly. In the '80.

Obviously in the '20 movie industry using virtual actors (image and voices) is not so uncommon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_actor

In particular when the actors are dead:

Games are obviously next in this practice, with the necessity to make different voices (and moving characters) for tons of dialogue.

Higher

Literate
I wonder if they'll fix the problem Chronicle had where Raidou has Dante's music since they couldn't be bothered to replace it.

So the easy mode is a free DLC, as I hoped. It's like that in Radiant Historia and SMT Apocalypse. That should take care of the inevitable "uuuu they made it too hard so you have to pay to make it accessible - 2/10"

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Free Easy mode DLC has been a staple of Atlus games for a while now. Think it started with one of the 3DS Etriams, but I can't remember which one. Not sure why they package it as DLC tho, possibly to gather data on how many of their customers use it.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I wonder if it is possible now to cut completely the VA costs and have VO with a reasonable quality by generating it using AI...
Sure, it'll sound great. Here's an example:

Ah ah. I remember the Amiga having integrated in its OS the possibility to convert text to speech on the fly. In the '80.

Obviously in the '20 movie industry using virtual actors (image and voices) is not so uncommon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_actor

In particular when the actors are dead:

Games are obviously next in this practice, with the necessity to make different voices (and moving characters) for tons of dialogue.

I can't wait for them to be able to resurrect the voice of Tony Jay.

Ialda

Learned
Free Easy mode DLC has been a staple of Atlus games for a while now. Think it started with one of the 3DS Etriams, but I can't remember which one. Not sure why they package it as DLC tho, possibly to gather data on how many of their customers use it.

Wasn't it one of the ***improvements*** of the Untold sub-series ?

Vorark

Erudite
Somewhat, EOIV introduced difficulty settings to the series (Casual/Normal) while Untold 1 and later entries added the "Picnic" difficulty aka super easy mode.

And there's still counter-play. Buffing agility and using demons with a high AG stat would result in those Almighty attacks missing and Mot burning through a lot of those extra press-turns. This is why Nocturne is so great.

Endemic

Arcane
And there's still counter-play. Buffing agility and using demons with a high AG stat would result in those Almighty attacks missing and Mot burning through a lot of those extra press-turns. This is why Nocturne is so great.

True, although Mot has accuracy buffs in hardtype, which is what the clip is from. ;)

deuxhero

Arcane

Not true. Agility does virtually nothing in battle in Nocturne (to the point of actually nothing if your level exceeds the stat cap) as I mentioned on page 10. You need to buff evasion or debuff accuracy, which are seperate stats.

Latro

Arcane

Not true. Agility does virtually nothing in battle in Nocturne (to the point of actually nothing if your level exceeds the stat cap) as I mentioned on page 10. You need to buff evasion or debuff accuracy, which are seperate stats.
the hardtype mod (which is what emilio is reacting to) also makes AGI relevant

I mostly meant just casting Sukukaja. But I didn't realize the AG stat in itself did nothing.

Latro

Arcane
I already find SJ better than Nocturne, anyway.
Hmm...that's actually a hard question for me to answer. SJ is a better individual package in the end (better balanced, perfect difficulty, etc), while Nocturne has some wonky stat growth and has stuff like Puzzle Boy or Phys Demi-fiend being the only TDE viable endgame build.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom