Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

barghwata

Savant
You have to evade the collector of souls somehow. Speech and science come in handy in final dungeon, Vault 8 that is.
Besides, where do you think you are if you confident in finishing F:Nevada with just speech and science? That's not how gamedesign here rolls, these other skills are useful in quests.

They are more then enough in the original Fallouts so i figured perhaps nevada is the same, stunting build variety by forcing the player to get one or two combat skills is unfortunate but people are saying that nevada made most skills useful so i guess that can be forgiven.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Nevada is light on combat, but still has it nonetheless. One combat skill is enough. Small Guns are perfect for the entirety of the game; though, to kill Collector of Souls you would have to obtain Gauss rifle, level up energy and get plasma rifle, or use instakill from better criticals.

kryminator

Augur
I just discovered existence of this game, downloading it now but one question bothers me - does it work with the original F2 or the bethesda F2 is needed to play (or maybe it is the same, idk)?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
kill the guard next to him and cripple his leg (5 reloads avr?) and benny hill around the shack nearb
With Turboplasma rifle and proper build I whacked him with three or four crits. Each hit was dealing 200-300 damage, so it was a very short fight.

On my first run he went down exactly the same, except with me having Gauss rifle.

roshan

Arcane
Hi everyone, what's the main build for this game, and can anyone provide a download link? I think I saw that there was a FIXT version and some kind of ultimate version as well?

kryminator

Augur
Hi everyone, what's the main build for this game, and can anyone provide a download link? I think I saw that there was a FIXT version and some kind of ultimate version as well?
I downloaded version from this post on NMA: https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/
That "latest release" had upload date 2020-04-07, so I assumed it is up-to-date. I chose it mostly because it's US version.

Although, there is also a version mentioned by CharacterNik
Or better download Fallout Nevada Fixxed edition by Foxx. It fixes a lot of bugs and restores cut content .
I just didn't downloaded it because I already had the aforementioned one, but might be better. Might be also russian ofc ;)

kryminator

Augur
Is there any way to produce antidote? I remember these as a good, weightless source of money in Resurrection, FO1/2 or maybe FOnline.

kryminator

Augur
Vanilla Fallout antidote weights 1 pound
Ok, maybe I remember it all wrong, but anyway I have a Doctors Bag Scheme and want to make it but it needs antidote which I do not have and which should be easy to get (I also need disinfection which should be more problematic)

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
kill the guard next to him and cripple his leg (5 reloads avr?) and benny hill around the shack nearby
8sTWeOXGjp4.jpg

No reloads. Just four crits.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
^ y r u homos trying to prove to someone that you can kill the collector in 1.31415926 crits?

the point i made was that you can kill him at level 1 with zero skill investment, imo you can also run by and the ending still triggers

The reason I replied is below, which combat is obligatory in Nevada? I dont think this is true:
can a pacifist diplomat type character get you all the way to the end of the game
in Sonora - yes, in Nevada - no.

kryminator

Augur
Ok, maybe I remember it all wrong, but anyway I have a Doctors Bag Scheme and want to make it but it needs antidote which I do not have and which should be easy to get (I also need disinfection which should be more problematic)
You need Radscorpion tail to make one, and have a campfire nearby.
I use campfire in railway in New Reno. I have radscorpion tails in inventory, I have radscorpion tails in my hands but I can only create doctors bag and iguana meal. What I am missing?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I use campfire in railway in New Reno. I have radscorpion tails in inventory, I have radscorpion tails in my hands but I can only create doctors bag and iguana meal. What I am missing?
How high is your outdoorsman? In Nevada it directly affects your crafting. Also, I don't remember if antidote recipe appears automatically with higher Out-n, or someone teaches it to you.

kryminator

Augur
not too high - 32 only
maybe indeed I need more outdoorsman, will check it on level up, 50 should be enough

Wunderbar

Arcane
^ y r u homos trying to prove to someone that you can kill the collector in 1.31415926 crits?

the point i made was that you can kill him at level 1 with zero skill investment, imo you can also run by and the ending still triggers

The reason I replied is below, which combat is obligatory in Nevada? I dont think this is true:
can a pacifist diplomat type character get you all the way to the end of the game
in Sonora - yes, in Nevada - no.
good luck trying to beat nevada as a pacifist diplomat on your first playthrough without metagaming.

friendship ended with Fallout, now Underrail is my new best friend.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
Fallout Yesterday is coming.
In two years if hexer won't burn out again. Considering the original Fallout 3 design docs, I'm not sure what will be more disappointing - the VB itself, F3 that happened or things from design docs that couldn't be possibly made on F2 engine getting scrapped.
and we will get Mutants Rising...
Last time .Pixote wrote anything about MR, the team aimed at christmas 2020... If only that was true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom