Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Carrion looks kind of awesome. It seems cool to be able to play the creature for a change, some mysterious metamorphic monster stalking, killing & consuming weak little human meatlings. I saw a movie as a 5 or 6 year old on television directed by Mario Bava (though credited to someone else) about this strange, black blob monster that lurked under a small lake in some forgotten Mayan ruins. The film utterly terrified me because it was so absolutely fucking weird and horrible and far more graphic in its horror imagery than any American monster move back then. It filled me with such mortal terror that I could only smile reading the Steam description of the creature in Carrion. I want to be that monster.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After years of silence we get... this?

Tm2lSsA.jpg

Looks like this crap was prophetic

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For any board game players, Spirit Island left Early Access yesterday. It's just the base game with no expansions right now.

Kitchen Utensil

That's so retarded; digital versions of board games.

The whole reason to play a board game is the physical aspect: real social interaction with people you're in the same room with, and the handling of physical pieces. Everyone buying digital adaptations should be shot. Because computer adaptations offer none of the positives of real board games listed above, while coming with all of the deficits like laughably shallow rule set, shitty graphics etc..

Jesus Christ, I hate people (probably why I hate real board games, too :3).

Vatnik Wumao

The whole reason to play a board game is the physical aspect: real social interaction with people you're in the same room with, and the handling of physical pieces. Everyone buying digital adaptations should be shot. Because computer adaptations offer none of the positives of real board games listed above, while coming with all of the deficits like laughably shallow rule set, shitty graphics etc..

It's a surrogate for the real thing, not a replacement. Traditional tabletop games will still be made and you won't have to play their crappier e-versions.

Kitchen Utensil

It's a surrogate for the real thing, not a replacement. Traditional tabletop games will still be made and you won't have to play their crappier e-versions.

That's not even what I'm saying or arguing about.

What I'm saying is that _all_ board games are shit, some more, others less. Their _only_ appeal is their physicality, there's no other reason for them to exist, certainly not as digital iterations, because you can do so much more with real computer/video games that it's not even funny to even compare the two.

So in my eyes, there are few things more retarded than buying digital board games. And that's not because I'm afraid their sales numbers could make real board games disappear; I couldn't care less, because I hate people.

Vatnik Wumao

That's not even what I'm saying or arguing about.

What I'm saying is that _all_ board games are shit, some more, others less. Their _only_ appeal is their physicality, there's no other reason for them to exist, certainly not as digital iterations, because you can do so much more with real computer/video games that it's not even funny to even compare the two.

So in my eyes, there are few things more retarded than buying digital board games. And that's not because I'm afraid their sales numbers could make real board games disappear; I couldn't care less, because I hate people.
Eh, could see why some normies would want to play e-Catan or whatever if they couldn't be in physical proximity of each other. Just because you are antisocial doesn't mean that others are as well.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Games in genres that Codex is very much interested in but not sure if the games themselves will be interesting or worth enough to warrant a thread.

Stolen Realm, some kind of turn-based tactical RPG, featuring that popular low-poly character assets:

ss_69c378bb7c1dabe4980b4805e2a74bc48e2e8f12.600x338.jpg
ss_3cd20c8763ae423151e00b37da9e2c673f02b3a7.600x338.jpg

YRek Lost In Portals, FPS highly inspired by Turok games:

ss_8cd5bb5ce2fbe910a9cf792ac24a8f8801c03d6d.600x338.jpg
ss_197fa56a01ab130889aa3d8448c84e642d3022d3.600x338.jpg

Altwaldheim: Town in Turmoil, roguelike town sim:

ss_6c0f3282830d20662c6140495d0f29fac7cd2816.600x338.jpg
ss_d2cd5d803665416a22a76011267bcbf333619f92.600x338.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom