Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shut the fuck up!

• Thread starter overly excitable young man
  • Start date

Do you care?

• Total voters

overly excitable young man

Sry i really can't tolerate biowarian* companions anymore.
I don't care about your curse.
I don't care about your missing grandma.
I don't care about your quest to change class from fighter to monk.
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESHKA!
Just kys and leave me alone!

Do you care? Why you faggot?

*= also encountered in obsidian games and other bg likes

Yeah i decided to don't play that shit anymore.
But still people seeem to love gay bioware companions as PST, BGs, Pathfinder, DOSes and PoEs are ranked extremely high.
But why?

Lambach

Arcane
I though this exchange was the greatest thing I've ever heard at the time:

Granted, I was about 13 back then then, but NWN2 and all of its shitty dialogs and shitty companions have a permanent soft spot in my heart. :love:

I just remembered why i loved ATOM RPG so much.
And your bros just shut the fuck up and let you play the fucking game.

Ok but even stuff like Krai Mira thats obviously shit wasn't created by hate but with good intentions.
While bg and pst clones are created by the vilest of emotions. Greed!

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
The final redpill is this.
RPGs that either have no story to speak of, like Battle brothers, or RPGs that barely have any effort put into the writting (without it actually being bad) ARE the cream of the crop.
Give me combat.
The only text I wanna read is the shit in the battle log.
Discofags need to hang.

Trashos

Arcane
I think companions can be very interesting when done well. I am not down with the current schism between combatfags & storyfags. For me, the Holy Grail still is having both good fighting & story/writing/characters.

That said, the industry is not at its best doing all that currently. With exceptions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Disdainful display, to discuss and deliberate without deigning to put the kingcomrade option, panda.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Bioware was decline from the start, and Baldur's Gate directly led to the CRPG 'wasteland' era preceding our current era of hemi-semi-demi-incline. :M

Actually, it was Fallout and Baldur's Gate that sparked the RPG Renaissance, which is the greatest era in RPG history due to three prime factors that are well-known to all possessed of wisdom.

Fallout was a massive step up from Wasteland/Dark Sun, and BG was a massive step up from Goldpox.

BioWare then created a multiplayer and modding revolution with NWN/Aurora, and we all know that the original devs of Fallout went on with ToEE, Arcanum and Bloodlines, through Troika.

Fallout and BG remain to this day the greatest RPGs of their kind.

Everyone tries to emulate them. Everyone cites them in their pitches. And everyone fails to reach their lofty heights.

Of course, Jagged Alliance 2 stands alone and towers above all as a monolith; all are in its shadow and that's how it will always be.

Actually, it was Fallout and Baldur's Gate that sparked the RPG Renaissance
No fuck off. Bioware always produced crap.

BioWare then created a multiplayer and modding revolution with NWN/Aurora
Nobody cares for your stupid dance with rogues stuff, creep.

Fallout and BG remainS to this day the greatest RPGs of their kind.
3 errors in such a short sentence smh

Of course, Jagged Alliance 2 stands alone and towers above all as a monolith; all are in its shadow and that's how it will always be.
:hahyou:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom