Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 4

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Remember to disinfect after every TURN...
Or you will suffer the Japanese's fate...

In the custom shop, guests will be allowed to suck the nipples of the young lady to satisfy the guests. It is rumored that an infected person licked a young lady, and subsequent guests continued to suck without disinfection, which may expand the infection. It is understood that the frequent disinfection of nipples resulted in "dry nipples" that customers did not like, so there was no special disinfection.'

Hellraiser

Arcane
Footsteps of History

TAibasl.jpg

Operation Chet Donnelly, Phase II (M.Y. 2331-2334) completion outcome, Mission Year 2234.

Blue hexagons - University bases captured or new U.N. bases erected, the name at the bottom is the original university base name if applicable.
Red hexagons - University bases still under their control or destroyed by the university.

Base population sizes before and after capture are in parentheses.

„Our forces report total control of north-western Baltica,” General Tikaram told the cabinet so officially you would think the string of victories bored him. “Intelligence indicates all enemy forces in the area have been defeated or captured.”

“So I take it phase II is a bigger success than getting your prom date to put out after the dance?” Undersecretary Avaserala asked rhetorically.

“Yes Madam Undersecretary, despite some mishaps including the loss of the cybercorps empath defectors unit we outfitted with Morpheus gas and Pele missiles, the enemy counterattack capability has been eliminated.”

“What forces remain?” Lal asked the general.

“A single vertibird squadron and a couple of mindworm boils, a considerable number of harmless scouts and a few terraforming crews, nothing else remains. Phase II is a success.”

“Way better than getting laid after prom, don’t you think, Chrisjen?” Brighton commented.

“If your teenage sexual adventures were disappointing, please keep it to yourself, James,” She replied.

“Reinforcement potential?” Lal queried further.

“Black Mesa and Pavlov Lab are the last major industrial centers not destroyed or under our control, focusing on developing new assault helicopter squadrons. Whatever they put out we will simply overwhelm with our superior numbers. Their capture is a matter of time considering our numbers, coming reinforcements and the defection rates amongst enemy troops,” the general summarized. "The majority of the terminators that retook Planetary Archives from us decided they rather shoot their commander and join us, handing the base back into our control, it is now designated as U.N. M.G.O."

"Wasn't it called U.N. B.F.R.?" Lal asked the general.

"It was one of the terms of the rebel terminator leaders, they wished to use the local borehole know-how to optimize our borehole output faction-wide as a new organization within our structure," the General explained. "Continuing my earlier report, from a military point of view the enemy is exhausted, and while their efforts to slow us down with road sabotage will have some effect on the rate of our advance and liberation, with every year our numbers advantage increases almost two fold. The fall of the last outposts beyond the Linaeus Woods-Mir Lab line is a certainty, only the exact timeframe is not yet known."

Refugees, those once oppressed and those that simply didn’t care who the new overlords were have welcomed the peacebringers with open hands. While the earlier war effort was characterized by borderline inhumane destruction of infrastructure, now the liberation came to life as the possibility to not just take but also hold became reality. Thousands joined the great colonial community, a life superior to the dystopia of Zakharov’s police state, occasionally broken up with the University's fraudulent sham democracy.

Almost 90 years of war and it indeed does look like it is ending. Lal felt at ease, his spirit liberated by the thought. At a great price of blood, not the least of which were all the soldiers killed in the trap sprung after Otkrieta Lab was laid to waste, Zakharov’s regime was on the brink of defeat, not yet defeated true, but the situation on his end was dramatic. No force could save him now, nobody could help and reinforce him in time before the Peacekeeping Forces seized the last of the enemy bases. Even if the rest of Planet suddenly felt sorry and intervened on behalf of the war criminal that butchered the peoples of four factions, including his own, they would arrive too late to stop the rapidly advancing U.N. forces. Peace was just staring to poke above horizon, rising triumphantly but slowly just like Sol did above the Himalayas, back when he and Pria saw them one last time before departing from the homeworld. In a few more years peace would be upon Chiron.

“The new governors both those appointed by us or by local forces that chose to align themselves with us, will provide as much materiel as possible to facilitate Phase III,” Brighton started explaining. "This will allow our factories and training facilities to focus on assembling forces that will support existing troops in the push beyond the Linnaeus Woods-Mir Lab line."

“Any news from Morgan's corporate paradise?” Lal looked at Avaserala and asked.

“The staff from our embassy reports that the board including Morgan himself are not pleased that they will most likely not get the promised technology from Zakharov,” she explained. “Obviously due to the laboratories we captured or destroyed delaying the University research effort. Seems Morgan took a bet that he lost.”

“All he did was give technology away for free, he could have had payday or the situation would be the same as if no deal was struck, it was a win-win from his point of view,” Brighton commented.

“Except for possibly painting a target on his own back by himself, most people do not like getting cucked. Getting his dick wet in someone else's hole, even if he only put the tip in, might make the other person jealous,“ she responded. "He's pressing his luck."

“Not our problem, in our case at least our operatives retrieved Ultracapacity Computing from University Labs, so if anyone benefited from this transaction it is us,” Brighton added. “We gave them retroviral engineering and cash as promised, after their abstaining vote in the Governor elections shifted the result to our benefit, and didn’t need to trade them back anything for the new Ultracapacity Computing technology they developed and sent to Zakharov.”

“Whenever Morgan played both sides, we always somehow benefited,” Lal broke his silence. “Our priority needs to be the final phase of the operation, our priority needs to be guaranteed peace."

We will let the people know what they missed for almost a century, and we will teach the generations that knew only war what peace is.

The TURN is 134.

On the beginning of TURN 131, just after the TURN where the bulk of University Forces perished in Phase I of Operation Chet Donnelly, the rest of egghead land looked like this:

kLiCPzU.png

Now this is all that remains of the once mighty University of Planet:

v6Ahpr4.png

After wiping out the bulk of his forces during Phase I and the battle for Based University, after which I of course lost everything that directly attacked that base (around 20 of my units) due to a karmic kamikaze counter-attack brought upon myself with my earlier use of self-destruction, I have flooded-in with fresh new forces into the continent and blitzed to either kill or take as many bases as possible. Also did a naval landing up north to take Cognito Elite Bunker, first probing it for tech. In at least two cases my attacks prevented Kalin from finishing new units, either due to base capture/destruction, or because my nerve gas killed off enough population to also reduce production by just enough to not have it finish.

Kalin’s strategy was to destroy roads and pick me off with some rushed choppers as my forces would struggle to cross rough terrain, while at the same time trying to pop boom his bases and finish research of Mental Harmonics that I guess he promised to AO who gave him ultracapacity computing or whatever is the tech that gives the virtual world called (Gravy is building it now). I might kill Kalin before he finishes researching the tech, ETA is 8 turns away and will of course increase as more bases fall lowering his labs output.

The road destruction and pure size of the continent might have held me off for a while, and parts of the north-west would still hold, if I did not have some tools to help me push despite it. Well, it would stall me at least until I got a chopper base from which I could exert control over the local airspace with my own copters, or just nerve gas bomb the enemy bases.

In the north Kalin's forces have not managed to kill enough roads fast enough, and thanks to making over 500 energy per turn (100% econ, +3 effic due to demo+green combined with Lal's sole soc eng penalty of -1 effic) and nanominiaturization I got from Sparta, I could upgrade some units to grav struts giving that extra 1 move. But most of all grav struts also give the terrain move cost ignoring ability to easily hover over the forests and fungus, that would otherwise trap my forces making them copter bait. Kalin's kamikaze actually helped with this, as it lowered my number of troops per design so much, mass upgrades through the designer were much cheaper. Seems even losing 20 units has its upside, life giving you lemons and all that.

I still lost some units to the remains of the University army, but for every unit lost I shipped in to the front line at least 3 to take its place.

The Linaeus Woods-Mir Lab (well Mir-Lab ruins) line however is now roadless, which despite my grav-augmented units will delay my advance, while Kalin uses his remaining resources to get copters in the air, although only 2 will finish next turn, and get some extra population.

In the meantime I am using my grav-strut probes to steal any unit I can find. Yes, the bargain bin prices on second hand units of yesterturn, when I stole some elite cybercorps Kalin send my way, are back again and will probably stay until ITZ over. So far I stole a snazzy elite psi AAA defender, which I upgraded to a grav strut missile nerve gas trooper, an elite terraformer which I used along with my other former (only surviving from the assault on Based Uni) to rebuild some roads and I also mind controlled Planetary Archives after Kalin retook it, stealing his last elite missile troops in the process (only base so far where the cost was not ridiculously prohibitive, still pricey but it was advantageous to steal the base for the unit, as I used the unit to capture another base on the same turn). Those troops were guilty of killing my snazzy elite impact nerve gas gravstrut rover of course, but I think they can redeem themselves with some omelette making in the near future.

How long can the University remnant cling to life is hard to say. In general I have lots of mobile units all over the place which combined with an advantage in numbers makes defence difficult if not impossible. Kalin will probably figure out something unexpected that will stall my advance a bit, but at this point the words of Chet Donnelly himself sound like a prophecy soon to become reality:

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
We will let the people know what they missed for almost a century, and we will teach the generations that knew only war what peace is.
Tacitus said:
They make a desolation and they call it peace."
:incline:

Hellraiser, about Avaserala
most people do not like getting cucked. Getting his dick wet in someone else's hole
A bit over the top, so probably OOC, don't you think?

RK47

Patron
He's already into it...
I'm waiting for Kalin's reply after that massive dicking he took, it will be like dis:
pxIXiqn.png

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Hellraiser, about Avaserala
most people do not like getting cucked. Getting his dick wet in someone else's hole
A bit over the top, so probably OOC, don't you think?

Either that or I write better edgy vulgar lines for the character than the two guys calling themselves James S.A. Corey, so I'm going to go with that :M

Unless you only meant in context of the TV series, SyFy toned the profanities down to keep the age rating down for TV which was :decline:. Amazon doesn't have such problems so you see the vulgarity to Avaserala's screentime ratio significantly increase in season 4.

RK47

Patron
LV4LfqK.gif

“What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.”

RK47

Patron

3ciqi8y.png

JNRSzgL.png

Political commentators remark a sudden shift is inevitable as a sleeping dragon awakens

As the smoldering ashes of University core colonies barely cooled under the breeze of the Chiron's night, another storm is brewing as Chairman Yang takes Planetary Governorship in an overwhelming vote. Secretary-General Pravin Lal is now facing great pressure after a triumphant campaign that is stained with accusations of atrocities. 'I am merely fighting fire with fire...' was the veteran politician's defense citing Zakharov's ever-growing list of atrocities that triggered a millennium of sanctions. The feud between the two has grown into a wild firestorm of late, threatening to engulf the entirety of the planet into another Great War.

Dare we repeat the same mistake of our ancestors on Earth?
Enter Chairman Yang. A stable statesman with ambitious plans to surpass and reshape Humanity, the Hive grew steadily with no interruptions. The ever-aggressive Colonel Santiago, despite her brave military adventures, faced great setbacks and humiliations and could do nothing to impede the Hive massive growth.

The sleeping bear was not poked even once. Contrast that to the Spartan's often disastrous intel leaks and military misadventures against the University, the general public seems to have great confidence in the Chairman's ability to lead Humanity to ascend.

Now before we get too far in praising the Chairman, we await the Peacekeeper's response to this debacle. A vast amount of resources were expended, with barely any gain to boast of. No victory parade is coming, a humiliating loss in election apparent, Statesman Lal has his work cut out for him. Oh, by the way, have you tried the latest and greatest of Morgan Hygienic 100% Fungal Resistance Bed Sheets that puts even Earth Silk to shame? Be protected, be safe. With a super clean sheet that clings to your skin all night. Morgan Hygiene-X SuperFungal Sheets. The only choice for sleep on Chiron!

HtdRZ4O.png

AmWC9LP.png

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ride of the Peacebringers

CBC PLANET NEWS LIVE, 1st of August M.Y. 2237

N5aFsej.png

Forces of the criminal state known as the University of Planet have been caught entirely by surprise when Phase III of operation Chet Donnelly has begun.

Following successful aerial reconnaissance of the staging area, UNCN Marine forces landed engineering companies, cavalry and assault infantry units with the goal of seizing Black Mesa and Pavlov Lab in one swift and decisive offensive.

Peacekeeping Command has issued the following statement regarding the operation.

*transition to press conference*

Enemy forces were tied up at the Linnaeus Woods-Mir Lab line, believing that will be our primary direction of attack. While our forces suffered moderate casualties to enemy suicidal chopper runs, with some of those attacks repelled by our Flak troops stationed in the area, the naval force sneaking to the coast west of Black Mesa avoided detection by enemy forces.

Once the force has landed a road leading almost up to Black Mesa was erected, that our planning officers called the "Yeltsin Bypass", leaving only a remaining rough patch of rocky terrain to be crossed swiftly by our units using grav skids or hoverbikes. The enemy’s optimism in the difficulty to assault those bases was so great, that they did not destroy the road connecting Black Mesa and Pavlov Lab, allowing our swift assault to proceed without any losses on our side.

*transition back to studio*

Peacekeeping Command along with Undersecretary Brighton also revealed that at the final stage of Phase III, once Zakharov is secured in a holding cell designed specifically for him and their holdings are liberated, the order will be made to evacuate and demolish the former University military installations in the east. Currently the bases of Vladivostok, Mir Lab Prime, Rebased University and Cognito Marina remain under control of the despot Zakharov, but the University forces are almost microscopic in their size and military potential, with no remaining mindworm boils, and no currently active helicopter squadrons. These facts point to a swift capture of Prokhor Zakharov in the near future, after which he will stand trial at the United Nations Interfactional Court of Justice.

During his press conference, the undersecretary also stated that, quote, “we are not conquerors, but liberators and the outposts themselves are tools of crime, thus they must be dismantled”, end quote. He further added that with the dismantlement of the Chiron Security Council, now obsolete following the success of Operation Chet Donnelly and imminent end of the University of Planet, the U.N. will shift towards a policy of non-interventionism, adding that in the words of Secretary General Pravin Lal “our fight will be finished and we will retire to more noble pursuits, and we vow not to meddle in the internal affairs of other sovereign states as unlike the University they followed a noble path of peace”.

IN OTHER NEWS

Congratulations are sent by Secretary General Pravin Lal and well received by Chairman Yang, the new Planetary Governor. The Secretary General has also said that “it is clear Chairman Yang has a clear mandate from the planetary community, and I wish him all the best in leading Chiron into a new era of peace”. The Secretary General also stated that his is looking forward to the retirement from governor duties, as combined with the war effort they did not leave much time for more intellectual pursuits, such as reading Morganic Pulp Literature and watching performances of the Hive National Ballet.

All ready for rising sea levels as terraforming crews secure M.T.E.O., X.H.A. and F.R.A. from the creeping surge of Planet’s oceans. While risk to the Planetary Energy Grid was discovered later than for M.T.E.O., the terraforming crews acted swiftly and the sea level models proved accurate, so the countermeasures are in place and no harm was so far done by the ocean to citizens or property facing this environmental crisis. Models predict that the critical ice melting will happen in just a few years time, rapidly sinking low altitude terrain, such as the former Alph river valley.

The Spartan Virtual World project is advancing and on track according to laconic but nevertheless informative press released from the Spartan Federation. Analysts are still surprised that CEO Morgan did not pursue the project himself, given that the Ultracapacity Computing breakthroughs happened in his R&D division.

The TURN is 137, time for Phase III which should eventually end what is left of the University despite certain complications.

MaP1Ex7.png

While the woods wouldn’t be that hard to cross despite the copter strikes, it was just a matter of numbers and spreading elite grav troops out, it was faster to instead bypass that whole area due to the sheer distance involved in reaching any worthwhile objective from that direction.

My original plan for Phase III was to do a design workshop mass upgrade of my both heavy transport cruisers to heavy grav transport cruisers and hover across the sea fungus rapidly last turn and drop a base in the optimal position for combat terraforming roadwork. Gotta go fast and all that.

Except a turn before the strike was meant to take place, while upgrading one of my patrol boats to grav struts to hunt for any scout choppers which could spot the plot, I learned grav struts on ships (an addition of this mod anyway I think, don’t remember vanilla allowing ships to have grav struts this) do not reduce sea fungus move cost to one, unlike grav struts on land units. That was quite disappointing due to delaying the egghead ITZ that was promised; but also because if it was possible I could have stopped 2 choppers from being finished and killing some of my stuff last turn. Those losses were not a big issue and anyway I was using the northern force as copter bait and a diversion.

So that plan was not gonna work, but luckily I packed one more elite terraformer than necessary for the original plan (would land one tile north-east and build a road through a flat file which uses just one former turn to build) and managed to find a route that would be good enough to strike a turn later without getting bogged down in fungus and with minimal exposure to potential copter strikes. I had an AAA escort anyway, but two copters might have sunk the transports. Of course I wasn't stupid and didn't put the troops on those transports closest to the enemy, but on transports in the back and transferred the cargo over only on the same turn as the strike via a short transport chain in case enemy copters would fly west, find the heavy transports and sink them along with any cargo.

I didn’t build a full road due to the rocky tile as the last one before Black Mesa (always part of the plan, I would need 4 formers just for that last tile and that's too much), as with elite grav infantry having 3 moves that was good enough to use it to take the base, allowing elite grav rovers with their 4 moves to pacify Pavlov Lab thanks to the road connection. It might have been possible without it with fractional moves left if Kalin burned the road, but there was a chance the move inside the base would fail or the combat would be lost.

pra8G9B.png

This is what yet remains on my path to victory against the egghead menace in this almost 90 TURN long war. One new base on the coast, to get foreign aid apparently as a defender magically popped up there without the typical University unit naming (I have a guess who could have sent it). One base that pop boomed a bit, that being Vladivostok. Don’t know if Mir Lab Prime can boom more or not, not very relevant. No roads leading to those unfortunately (the roads on the screenshot are outdated, as this is based on map data I stole when murdering Gagarin Memorial base, in infiltration base view I see they no longer exist) but I am prepared for this and should steamroll them in a few turns anyway regardless of any obstacles.

The other big news is that I finally lost the governorship election and suddenly all pacts I had except the one with Morgan (AO) are demoted to treaties of friendship. The governorship loss was a matter of time obviously, even with double votes I’m only third in the ranking and decently behind in pop and infrastructure compared to the Hive and Sparta. The Hive is absolutely dominating at this point so governorship is a natural consequence of it, good builder game on Absinthe’s part anyway. Everything on my side was optimized for murdering eggheads so such luxuries common in both Hive and Sparta as hab complexes or network nodes or research hospitals are present in barely any bases at all.

Pacts though, well, I guess they were obsolete anyway after Phase II. What the Hive and Sparta plan now I have no idea, and honestly I don’t care that much. I just want to kill the eggheads. Eggheads seem to not take that idea very well...

cZ8yKTt.png

...considering the name they gave to this base they managed to recapture. Saved me the trouble of looking for his mindworm boils though. Kalin also killed the base next TURN, saving me also the trouble of doing it myself once its potential function as a copter waypoint became obsolete. It had shit tiles for spamming stop gap cannon fodder anyway. I rather not trigger bureaucracy drones from shit bases I just take as stop gap measures to push further.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Evil surfaces

CBC PLANET NEWS LIVE, 3rd of May, M.Y. 2238

hEsLX56.png

Spartan forces have cowardly bombed civilians of the recently liberated U.N. Y.B.C.O. with nerve gas and melted the city with plasma fire, in an entirely unprovoked attack against the United Nations. This atrocity has been met with strong condemnation and disappointment from Secretary General Pravin Lal and the U.N. cabinet. People who just recently gained hope for a better future were ruthlessly murdered. Children screamed as plasma melted their skin, if they did not die in horrifying convulsions after contact with the illegal nerve agent deployed by the Spartan helicopter gunships.

Deputy Undersecretary Avaserala has confirmed reports that more Spartan gunships have been sent to the eastern most University Base, where a contingent of defensive infantry, most likely also of Spartan origin, is protecting supply lines connecting back to the Spartan homeland in the southern part of the Rodinia continent.

IN OTHER NEWS

A strongly worded letter has been sent to Planetary Governor Sheng-ji Yang requesting him to condemn these attacks and impose sanctions on the Spartan Federation for the genocide at U.N. Y.B.C.O.

The University Base of Vladivostok has been liberated as enemy forces were utterly routed in yet another swift offensive under the Chet Donnelly Phase III umbrella. Only three poorly defended bases remain under University control.

The Mark V Peacekeeping combat armour has entered services, greatly aiding the potential of the Peacekeeping forces to protect the civilian population.

The TURN is 138, turn flow is very slow.

1ClzKk9.png

Sneak attack with the new Spartan plasma gun (chaos gun in vanilla) fusion nerve gas copters, they killed my snazzy grav rovers which is decline, and killed the base with inhumane nerve gas, unlike my patented humane Morpheus(tm) non-lethal pacification gas. Base loss I could live with, the rovers were fairly pricey even if they already did their job already. Didn't expect it. I mean I saw that the defensive unit kalin got was probably gravy's considering the name, and that he sent some copters to Kalin's Cognito Marina base, and that they were pacted, so obviously hostilities were coming. I did not expect his copter sneaking up on me like that and scoring two rover kills, really sloppy there. Would have placed the rovers differently, a lesson for the future.

Eggheads down to 3 bases as I took Vladivostok, renamed it also U.N. Y.B.C.O., can't waste a good acronym for which I still remember what it means. Took it without much effort, ITZ moving further east and I have no intention of stopping. The eggheads gonna die even if I end up ITZed myself a turn later.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
pOHRiBi.png

NEWSFLASH: ZAKHAROV PREVAILS!

Rejoice citizens! Despite countless furious attempts by spiteful "U.N." murder-mongers to assassinate me for no legitimate reason whatsoever I am still alive - and in better shape than ever! Although 82.63% of my body was rendered inoperable when my cognito elite bunker imploded on me due to unsanctioned and cowardly MAD-tank tactics straight out of Red Alert: Aftermath this merely constituted a temporary setback; reconstructive surgery, cybernetic enhancement and retro-viral procedures ensure my constant evolution towards perfection! Even now surviving University engineers are prototyping a life-sustaining neural-link exoskeleton to house my glorious intellect for mobile expeditions. Robotic limbs, precision multi-tools, state-of-the-art weaponry... Truly there is no end to the possibilities!

qhUx9Cy.png

Meanwhile, staff and contractors enduring chemical warfare on Cognito Continent will be delighted to know each valiant death in face of incessant "U.N." invasions serves the very highest purpose - the preservation of my supreme genius and to a lesser extent that of my expert staff! As the enemy fumbles feebly to destroy obsolete mainland installations the Greater Faculty has already evacuated to our new enclave The Marine Institute, aided in no small part by the generous support from our esteemed partners and protectors!

I am above everything else a practical man. Given the illogical and frankly suicidal insistence of the Old World Order to have me killed I naturally opted to lend my galaxy brain to aid Chairman Yang and Colonel Santiago, trading my previous complete autonomy for survival and a place in their New World Order! I for one welcome our new Celestial Overlord - a staunch atheist and realist to boot, Governor Yang has fostered a spectacular climate of pure and unfettered research unburdened by petty moral and ethical concerns - exactly what I always wanted to achieve! Thanks to advances in Hive and Spartan tech-labs I am now proud to report the tide of war is turning sharply:

CSNC6Tq.png

Aerial missile bombardment and nerve agent deployment by brand-new USEC "Deathmonger" Vertibirds has devastated scores of advancing Pele Assault Peacekeepers, Light Recon Scouts and Diana Assault Rovers! In conjunction with allied Spartan bombing runs it is now only a matter of time before Cognito Continent has been utterly cleansed of "U.N." despoilers and restored to its former glory. It is highly amusing, of course, that Pravin Lal, long plagued by little-man syndrome and burning envy of my refined cognitive abilities, is now being undone by the very same methods he so gleefully employed against me. I am very much looking forward to dissecting his diseased brain and those of his underlings and am currently engaged in the lengthy process of filling out Council requisition forms to claim custody of their post-execution corpses - for science!

sMnGz4Z.png

Finally, my own personal scientific project continues despite endless attempts at sabotage. With merely a few micro-issues left the University of Planet will at long last contribute a new exciting advance to aid the New World Order of Mankind - the first, naturally, of many to come! Now, as always, University prevails!

Hellraiser said:
I just want to kill the eggheads.

Hellraiser said:
The eggheads gonna die even if I end up ITZed myself a turn later.

:lol:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:positive:

From Sparta with love! Pulse unit wasn't from Gravy though I upgraded that myself (old unit names were removed when I upgraded the whole lot to Terminators in the revenge-akbar). Oh and ghey? And here I thought you loved 3v1 seeing how you pulled it for 100 turns! Should've hit me with everything you could muster if you really wanted me dead bro, primed to kill eggheads? Nigga plz you've been building luxury shit like tree farms and rec commons for ages! Not good enough to kill Cognito ELITE you need to go full hardcore mode for that.

+M

*Granted Yang might recycle me into a Hup-Seng cracker and Sparta could be saving me just to wipe me out personally - both are still preferable to "U.N." immoral victory though!

Hellraiser

Arcane
Running away in a sea pod is just full on brozil turn stalling mode, hence:

3v1 I don't care about, could be 6v1 as well as the outcome of this game was known weeks ago, and whether the obvious happens 20 turns sooner or later was irrelevant to me as soon as I realized how the long term will look like. Although I would have preferred to reach the obvious conclusion with a faster TURN rate due to there being one person less in the TURN flow, and also have the chance to do a snazzy The Suns cover on the capture and trial of Zakharov.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's already over for you, Hellraiser.

:killitwithfire::flamesaw::killitwithfire::flamesaw::killitwithfire:
:killit:
:timetoburn::timetoburn::timetoburn:
:evilcodex:
:troll:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Just-as-planned-the-hive-rises.png

O7MUb2C.png

Congratulations-on-being-the-gov.png

OFFICIAL HIVE MISSIVE ON PLANETARY ELECTION

Greetings, people of Chiron. As Captain Garland's appointed successor, I am pleased to lead the planet in his absence. I had deferred to my good friend Pravin Lal earlier, but the time has come for us to face uncomfortable truths. Under Lal's reign of terror, he has led the charge to dissolve the U.N. charter, exterminated countless bases, nerve stapled his own people, researched inhumane nerve gas weapons, waged mind control warfare, and become the number one perpetrator of atrocities against the U.N. charter himself, each time spinning new excuses for why his crimes are not so awful. His actions, I am afraid, can no longer be overlooked, particularly in light of his stewardship. Lal has become obsessed with his goal of ruining the University, putting it above all other goals, caring for nothing else, not even his own faction, and in the name of that crusade and maddened ambition of his, he is willing to condone and overlook limitless atrocities so long as it brings him nearer, seeking nothing less than the total extermination of those who stand in his way. He is unfit to lead to U.N. council, and perhaps unfit to lead his very own faction.

The Hive stands now as a beacon of what humanity can achieve when we put the good of society at our forefront, and we have achieved a remarkably stable faction that cares for all without resorting to the sorts of depravities so many others have partaken in. As such it comes as little surprise that all of Chiron now stands united in appointing me as planetary governor over Lal, with the sole exception of Lal's own populace.

When it comes to the Planetary Defense Initiative, we acknowledge that the purpose of subdual against Provost Zakharov has been achieved. He has committed great crimes and sins, yes, but the University has already suffered enough for its crimes. Provost Zakharov offered we of the Hive his complete surrender and requested asylum of us, and we have accepted. Under our supervision, we are sure that University conduct will be less rampant than before. Our brave and most steadfast of allies, the Spartans, support us in our endeavors and have put aside their own grudges against the University for the good of Chiron. That does not mean that the Planetary Defense Initiative is without purpose, however. It has ever been an organization to restrain the most rampant and avaricious force that strikes madly at others, and it is plain to see that Lal's U.N. Peacekeepers is that faction today. The Planetary Defense Initiative goes on, renewed with purpose.

I thank you all for your votes of confidence, and I look forward to working as your supreme leader. That day is coming, my friends, and I trust there will not be much dissent when the vote is held.

MILITARY OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE PEACEKEEPERS BEGINS.

War. War never changes. Commander Aper of the Ghost Legion mused to himself. When the alliance against Zakharov approached its final stages, it was only natural that the backroom talks began, moving for a new future and a new world order, one without the U.N. remaining to contest Hive supremacy. And with those talks, plans were drafted, discussed, and revised. And finally, acted upon. Operation Kurgan 2.0, a stealth strike to decapitate the U.N., was now underway.

On board the Hive's naval transport, the Doombringer, the Ghost Legion now gathered for their assault.

"Your orders, sir!" Captain Spencer stood at attention.

"Our offensive, called Operation Kurgan 2.0 ─"

"─Wait, Operation Kurgan 2.0?"

"Yes."

"The one Zakharov publicly announced his regret for not living long enough to see?"

"Indeed."

"The one where we strike Lal with his pants down before he knows what's happening?"

"That's the one."

"We're still doing it, sir? After Lal heard about it in public view?" Captain Spencer asked incredulously.

"Correct."

"Excuse me sir, but how? Isn't the element of surprise already lost?"

"Apparently not. U.N. defenses are still a complete joke. Either our glorious leader is a genius at subterfuge or Lal has been blinded by his vendetta with the University. Now, as I was saying, listen up lads! The Human Hive has spared no expense outfitting our assault force. Our orders are simple: Our boat, the Doombringer, will soon land our 9 elite scout nerve gas chaos gun hovertank squadrons into U.N. territory, where we are to assault all Hive nearby bases and destroy everything in our way. Ideally, our goals are to destroy 4 U.N. bases: U.N. M.T.E.O., U.N. F.R.A., U.N. H.Q., and U.N. X.H.A. Outlined in red here, as well as anything we find in the area. "

OP-Kurgan-assault-plans.png

"Now, it is clear that the U.N. has in fact invested a basic degree of effort into anti-invasion defenses, notably the raising of terrain that Lal generously called a measure against global warming, but he has yet to build proper perimeter defenses, and the base defenders are undermanned as well, some of them even lacking anti-probe defenses, but of course Lal has nothing worth probing anyway. Still, we are going in full force in case of surprises. After that the Ghost Legion is to disband every military unit proper, even our boat, and make our return on our own, discreetly. If not, U.N. spies might be able to use their mind control methods to seize one or more of our troops, and with it proceed to obliterate the rest and reverse engineer their way to fusion reactors, chaos guns, and hovertanks, all military technology we do not want to end in Lal's hands. Now, let's move out!"

"Yes, sir!" The men shouted.

"GLORY TO THE HIVE!"

"GLORY TO THE PEOPLE!"

"GLORY TO OUR LEADER!"

As the hovertanks rolled out, Lal's hidden defenders were spotted one after the other throughout the territory. The product of Lal's reckless disregard for his people's wellbeing and U.N. bureaucratic incompetence could not be underestimated, however. These soldiers were as poorly equipped as the average soviet soldier during the second world war, amounting to nothing more than scout patrols. Only unlike the soviet union, Lal's military defenders did not even enjoy numerical superiority.

U.N. M.T.E.O., with its lone pulse armored defender, was the only force to put up any form of resistance, which died swiftly to a combination of chaos guns and Lal's very own nerve gas technology. Hive forces swept the land and destroyed everything in their path. It was clear: The U.N. was indeed woefully underdefended, turning the large numbers of chaos guns into dramatic overkill.

Msg-MTEO-3-Razed.png

Energy-grid-seized.png

Msg-XHA-3-Razed.png

HQ-3-Razed.png

"The eggheads gonna die even if I end up ITZed myself a turn later," Pravin Lal had said. Well, one of those two things ended up being true. Commander Aper mused. With the Peacekeepers losing their headquarters as well as their Planetary Energy Grid, it was just about over for them.

"Send the signal."

OPERATION KURGAN 2.0: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Fun fact: The Planetary Energy Grid is just about worthless to me since I had Energy Banks in almost all my bases even before Lal built it. Now I'm about to get a tech that gives me a free Energy Bank in every new base too, along with another upgrade in weapon and armor. So yeah, the only part of the Planetary Energy Grid I am interested in is denying it to my enemies. By the way, those remaining U.N. units next to the H.Q. ruins you saw on that last screenshot? I killed them too.

While the U.N. isn't quite out of the game yet, his bases are all woefully underdeveloped, especially compared to mine, and he now makes so little energy that with his economy set to 100%, I still earn more than twice what he does while my econ is set to 50%, and he has to face both me and Sparta (who is playing kingmaker), along with whatever token assistance Zakharov can muster. The Hive alliance enjoys tech superiority, production superiority, income superiority, military superiority, and tech speed superiority, which the other factions have no hope of matching. Don't underestimate my military infrastructure either, since I have the Maritime Control Center, Command Nexus, and Bioenhancement Centers + Aerospace Complexes in just about every base. Given these advantages, there is no need for me to make risky plays, so I intend on leaving no openings for a reversal or evening of the scales.

Hellraiser can still attempt a builder game to make his faction more threatening, but neither I nor Sparta (nor even the University) are remotely tapped out in our ability to expand our builder game and my tech speed is so stupidly high that tech stagnation does not even seem to apply to me, only my enemies. So I am perfectly happy with another bout of builder game, since I will only leave Lal more and more in the dust as turns go by and unlike other factions, nothing is stopping me from pursuing military action during my builder game, since I can just sit in Police State + Planned + Power while building. Also, Lal had been building Perimeter Defenses in two of the bases I was assaulting last turn, but switched to Tree Farms this turn, so I guess he really did underestimate the potential for a sudden rush. He even rushed a Tree Farm in the now-obliterated H.Q.

Morgan is still in the game too, but Morgan is not Lal's ally either, with his position being somewhere between neutrality and supporting the University, and Morgan has no real military capability to speak of if he even cares to contest my rule. Morgan basically runs a pure builder game except his bases are too few and too underdeveloped, plus he is the faction worst off in the tech race. Seems AO isn't very comfortable with the Morganite faction's playstyle. Morgan's econ at 80% is also less than half of what I make with my econ at 50%.

From here on out the game is pretty much a patient grind to the inevitable, but then this entire game has been me patiently waiting to make my move and seize the game.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
GG WP, it was too fabulously optimistic thinking that Hive radar sea former was sent earlier just to check if Kalin's inane paranoid rambling about my own Kurgan 2.0 force gathering on my shore to go west are real.

As for the tree farms instead of perimeters I figured either of the two:
1. If you have a force my way and I didn't spot it already with my scouts it is too late to build defences. You had the Maritime Control Center so I knew you can put transports out of range of any countermeasure I can put up on a short notice. You also had fusion, and probably hovertanks and plasma guns (which you confimed) so if you committed I knew I was toast.
2. There is no force on the way so I have time while you build fusion labs, if your words in the group convo were to be trusted (after the psionics gifting stunt I was sceptical but whatever).

Obviously didn't have infiltration, there was no chance to get it with a probe without starting a war first at any point.

I'll suicide my remaining bases once AO sends TURN.

Dibs on Sparta next game as previously indicated. Nerf them back to +2 morale but keep the power immunity.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Dude, I sat in Wealth for 2 turns to rush the shit out of Fusion Labs. I rush-bought 5 Fusion Labs on the turn I had tech, then rush-bought 8 more Fusion Labs on my second turn of having the tech. When you have +3 INDUSTRY, over 500 energy per turn, and bases that make 25-50 minerals per turn and use partial hurrying, you can buy just enough minerals to get a shitton of Fusion Labs in 1 turn. So no, I wasn't building Fusion Labs, because I already had them 2 turns ago. I get tech every 5 turns right now, soon to be every 4 turns (or every 3 turns right now if I raise my tech allocation to 60%, switch to Knowledge value, and set my bases to energy tiles and specialists). Also, I think I mentioned this before, but going full fucking forest is not a good terraforming strategy, if I haven't made that blatantly obvious with the way I have been making 3-6 boreholes in almost every base with my horde of 76 land terraformers (I also have 10 sea formers). My capital is one of the few bases without boreholes, because I turned it into an energy park where the average tile yield is 6-7 energy (it made 101 energy and 171 tech per turn, slightly lower now because I got vendetta on Lal and auto-vendetta on Morgan who pacted Lal for the energy, but I wasn't even done improving my HQ's tiles) because I was milking that Supercollider for all it's worth by sticking it in the one base that doesn't suffer inefficiency (HQ) and made an energy park with a Merchant Exchange on top. This is how I compensated for my inability to run Free Market. The mineral and energy lead I had on everyone else's bases was ridiculous.

By the way, the Radar Sea Formers actually were used to make sure you weren't gathering a strike force of your own. It didn't seem likely to me, but I prefer some assurance that you weren't up to shit because if you really did rush me earlier on you could've had an actual chance at knocking me down a peg or two and buying yourself needed space and even infiltration+techs (even with that I would still have had a lead and instantly reconquered any bases you didn't raze, but I didn't want you to have that kind of opportunity to equalize the scales), so I needed advance warning with my radar sea formers so that I could just spot-fortify any bases that you might threaten or blow your invasion force out of the waters. Those bases were already somewhat fortified, but not enough to withstand fullblown targeted assault and if you were to unload 4-5 transports and assault me full force you could do some proper damage, although that was unlikely and my intentional lack of roads would've made it difficult for you to capitalize on an initial invasion force as I proceed to give you the boot. Once I had radar up though there was no way you could do that before I use marine detachment cruisers to blow up your invaders and instantly mobilize and upgrade defenders into any location you might target. Kalin's fearmongering was funny though, since with his lack of infiltration he underestimated just how ridiculous my infrastructure really was. Still, I saw an opportunity in his offer of an alliance and took it, since he was no longer capable of threatening me anyway.

It wasn't until I ran the numbers like 3 turns ago on an elite fusion antigrav hovertank strike force that I realized I had the potential to nail a decapitation strike to wipe you off the map. Now one of the things I had been doing for many turns before I had hovertanks and Fusion Power was building a giant network of elite antrigrav speeder land transports (hovertanks are so much cheaper though...) since in this mod land transports carry 2 units and the Heavy Transport ability is actually available (+50% transport capacity, costs +1), so that I could have bases on one side of my continent instantly reinforce bases on the other side. At the end of the day it was more of a wasteful project, but one I could afford, and my internal chain of land transports did allow me to instantly move new hovertanks from the delivery line into transports without spending a single turn or point of movement.

So yeah, with all those infrastructure units, Police State + Power was actually making me +7-10 minerals per base, making Police State + Planned + Power ideal for building. That would change a bit once Mental Harmonics gives me access to the mod's Empathy value (+1 PLANET, +1 GROWTH, -3 POLICE) at which point I might just nerve staple bases (or do 10% psych allocation and/or try out new Empath specialists) and enjoy pop booms without golden ages (which is also an option), especially since I intend on getting Ascetic Virtues for a raised pop cap. One of the funny things is that me doing 40% psych allocation in a 30-40-30 split is enough to golden age everywhere (20% psych is enough in many bases) and still out-tech and out-earn my opponents.

As for defenses, the 5pulse armor with the Comm Jammer ability on top (+50% vs fast units) with a Perimeter Defense would actually win against a chaos hovertank using nerve gas. With a Sensor Array or higher ground advantage, it can even trade 1:1 with my next weapon that I was on the cusp of teching (although I can just get Tachyon weapons as my next tech if I want, since I get 3-4 techs in the same time that others get 1). You also had Green value and the Manifold Nexus landmark, when this mod makes PLANET score affect psi defense too, and alter Psi Combat at +15% rates, so just planting defensive mind worms on fungus would necessitate either empath song attackers or artillery strikes to avoid large losses, perhaps both. I would've workshop upgraded into empath song attackers, but since I never saw any psi defenders during my advance, I just wound up workshop upgrading everything to nerve gas chaos antigrav hovertanks. I did have 3 artillery hovertanks too, but since this was my first time executing a land transport into boat strategy, I misjudged the glitched way naval carrying capacity works, so my artillery units couldn't make it in. Also, planting scout patrols on all coastal tiles would've been FFUUUU-- tier and ruined my ability to land units. So you did have options.

When it comes to infiltration, I did try to make it hard on you to infiltrate without provoking war, but since you already had infiltration as Planetary Governor and pact brother, you would've seen which remote bases I had left without probes (mostly Yang Mine iirc), so if you spent enough turns maneuvering you might have probed one of them. It was unlikely, but a possibility I had to consider.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Absinthe, that's nice theorycrafting and all, obviously in ideal conditions it would have worked, just try doing that with Kalin as your not so friendly neighbour. I gave up on trying to be ready to fight on both coasts a long time ago, picked the more immediate and heated front as the focus and just rolled with that because it would simply be boring as fuck to try to bunker up for ITZ from both sides, waiting for when you decide I have outlived my usefulness as an ally.

Yeah I guess I underestimated the rate at which you can build stuff but go figure, I wasn't paying attention to what you and gravy are doing besides glancing at the general overview. Why bother prolonging defeat at your hands by some number of turns, no matter how high, by spending an additional 30 minutes or hour per turn figuring out how to fight you or how likely you are to attack and where. If I had a decent shot at winning I would, but the outcome of this game was known more or less the moment gravy got pleasurably probed. Anyway you could have killed me at any time in the last 50 turns while I was busy focusing on the eggheads as I had fuck all for defence but some mindworms. Obviously I'm glad you didn't since at least I got the chance to rampage across egghead land before ITZ got to me. After last game's blue balls with the churchnuts it was nice to finally go and conquer (junior doesn't count), even if I was signing my own death sentence in the process. Pity about the sea base, would have played a few more turns to try to kill the last University base before I get ITZed if it wasn't for that. No ships anywhere close enough and it was unlikely they would dodge your or gravy's units anyway.

I'll write a final update and post-mortem later, first need to send TURN. BTW official LARP version is I surrendered unconditionally, sadly game mechanics do not allow giving bases to players so I must go with the OOC base self-destruction. SMAC PBEM is too dystopian.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Good game, most fun so far. Always expected you and Gravy to buddy up though and take out the Hive HQ and Fecundity Tower, just those two bases and Absinthe would have been severely crippled. The latter in particular would have been easy for you to surprise-ITZ, no one had a clue where your transport ships were and Absinthe had pitiful defenses and no real navy. Each invasion I was like ok he nuked his army against my bases and shit -again- but NOW he has to strike the Hive... :lol:

Calling dibs on Peacekeepers for the next round. Guess I will get to work trying to implement changes and such unless Merc has regenerated his butthurt and is ready to step up. This one isn't officially over yet but it shouldn't be too long before it concludes. Also I should have read the damn wiki on the scenario editor over at alphacentauri2.info turns out all I had to do was flag "force current difficulty level" to avoid the revert to Librarian thing. Seems to me a scenario is still the best way to go in setting up the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom