Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I said that it has as much content as Monarch, not that it's physically as large as Monarch. They also said in the interview that in terms of size the Gorgon Asteroid is similar to Roseway.

That's a big difference in size, but assuming these two packs together are priced like one expansion, it sounds about right to me value wise.

JDR13

Arcane
They are on pre-production with TOW2.

Source?
MS has said they want to turn TOW into a franchise. We’ll probably know if they actually will if we hear that MS has bought out Take-Two’s right of first refusal with TOW2. There’s no way MS is letting TOW2 release on PS and no way Take-Two would allow Obsidian ignoring the largest console base. So if Obsidian wants to make a sequel MS will have to buy out Take-Two when it comes to the IP.

Oh joy. :roll:

Flou

Arbiter
they are still going to follow in someone elses footsteps.

bioware: mass effect - dragon age - mass effect - dragon age - mass effect ...
bethesda: fallout - TES - fallout - TES - fallout ...
CDPR: witcher - CP77 - witcher (?) - CP77 (?) ...

Obsidian: TOW - FPS POE - TOW - FPS POE ...

Except they aren't.

Obsidian: TOW - Grounded - FPS POE / Project Missouri - Project Missouri/FPS POE - smaller project / TOW2

RepHope

Savant
Second DLC is called “Murder on Eridanos” apparently: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/30/the-outer-worlds-peril-on-gorgon-expansion/
Now, I’d absolutely love to tell you about our second expansion, Murder on Eridanos, but the Board has kindly* asked** me to focus on Peril on Gorgon for now.
Looks like that was one of planets we didn’t get to go to, in this case a gas giant:
Desktop_Screenshot_2019.11.06_-_23.14.59.07.png

KVVRR

Learned
These DLCs reminded me how much I'd wish the game stopped being so tongue and cheek and tackled the interesting stuff
(earth going dark)
instead of leaving it as a secuel bait
I already didn't care about any of the colonies when I finished the main game, why would I care about this one?

kangaxx

Arbiter
I definitely won't play the DLC, but I'll keep an eye on a potential sequel. Call me optimistic but with a bit more budget I think they can do better. Much of the content (particularly the marauder encounters in the "wilds" on every planet) was obviously copied and pasted right the way across the game.

Slaver1

Savant
The Kitschy vibe of this "thing" is soul destroying. The sheer audacity of Obsidian releasing something like this FIVE YEARS after a game like The Witcher 3 sure is something.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But... will the DLC have quality romance like the base game? I long to know how that emotional rollercoster between Perverti and whatsherface continues! After all that running around to get her a dress. That turned out to be a suit because Obsidian apparently failed at coding a skirt.
Heh, we've come full circle actually. Obsidian bragged a lot about having robes in KOTOR2, something Bioware failed to archieve in KOTOR1. :hahano:

Or maybe a completely new progressive romance? We could hold the hand of... the guy on my ship I never talked to, while he awkwardly asks a scary spaceman of african descent for a date.
I am not calling Obsidian the new Bioware until they surpass the old one in the emoshunally engaging romance department. :obviously:

kangaxx

Arbiter
If you advance Parvati's quest to the point of her having a date on the ship with that other bird, I suggest killing the date to see the hilariously bad dialogue.

"Captain... we need to talk about what you did to (forgot her name)..." as she stands up with a slightly angry look in her eye.

Oh you mean the unprovoked murder... literally one second ago right in front of you?

Rafidur

Learned
If you advance Parvati's quest to the point of her having a date on the ship with that other bird, I suggest killing the date to see the hilariously bad dialogue.

"Captain... we need to talk about what you did to (forgot her name)..." as she stands up with a slightly angry look in her eye.

Oh you mean the unprovoked murder... literally one second ago right in front of you?

At least somebody is enthusiastic about it...

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmmm RDR2 make around 50-100 millions profit(with me being generous),lol that is very bad return on investment percentage. It is between 10-15% without calculating inflation......with it it might even be considered a loss. Geee that game really performed bad.

Does anyone know the development time of Outer Worlds and the budget?

Apples to Oranges nigger.
It's literally their best selling game since Fallout New Vegas (Stick of Truth's numbers are a but hazy to find. Shipped 5 million but hasnt sold all of them).
Take2 wouldn't have expected more of them. Shame it sold so much and Tyranny + Pillars 2 so little.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm RDR2 make around 50-100 millions profit(with me being generous),lol that is very bad return on investment percentage. It is between 10-15% without calculating inflation......with it it might even be considered a loss. Geee that game really performed bad.

Does anyone know the development time of Outer Worlds and the budget?

Apples to Oranges nigger.
It's literally their best selling game since Fallout New Vegas (Stick of Truth's numbers are a but hazy to find. Shipped 5 million but hasnt sold all of them).
Take2 wouldn't have expected more of them. Shame it sold so much and Tyranny + Pillars 2 so little.
:deathclaw:
Are you a fucking retard??? I never compared them,i just pointed out the possibility that RDR2 flopped and cost money to take2 in the long term. Also number sold mean nothing if you lack the other information needed to extrapolate the actual profit margin. Fuck,you are one butthurt fanboy cunt,going head on assuming some retarded shit without stopping and thinking for a second.

And yeah i agree,it is shame that it sold more than top down rpgs they made,even if they weren't good.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, there was a Take-Two earnings call today. Transcript should be out later.

It'll be interesting to see whether there's a jump in the next quarter, after the game is released on Steam (although it might be too soon)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom