Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Codex Year of the Donut
The quest where you have to switch into and out of the shadow realm was pretty well designed. Lots of hidden things.

Codex Year of the Donut
Thoughts on the Resilience feat as a ranged rogue? +4 all saves seems really good for a single feat. I guess this is probably one of the few(if only?) builds that gets zero drawbacks from the feat as it doesn't conflict with other stances and I don't cast spells.

[edit]
also, the challenge quests are really good XP for the time it takes. Maybe not if you can't do all the challenges I guess.

[edit2] the big xp bonus is only for the first time you do it, still nice though

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Game is laggy as fuck. And the newer expansions i havent bought, maybe i will, but the way the game is lagging hard and im not sure its worth it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Game is laggy as fuck. And the newer expansions i havent bought, maybe i will, but the way the game is lagging hard and im not sure its worth it.
go to the ingame store, enter the promo code DDOFREEQUESTS
unlocks nearly everything, the content for 2 xpacs can be had for 99 dp each(make sure you grab these asap so you don't forget, they're like ~95% off at that price), no idea if it's any of the ones you're missing but yeah
afaik this goes on until the end of august

The coupon code grants the following quest packs:

• The Devil’s Gambit
  • Trials of the Archons
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Heart of Madness
  • Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
  • Shadow Under Thunderholme
  • The High Road of Shadow
  • The Druid’s Deep
  • Devil Assault
  • Three-Barrel Cove
  • Secrets of the Artificers
  • Vaults of the Artificers
  • Phiarlan Carnival
  • The Catacombs
  • The Sharn Syndicate
  • Delera’s Tomb
  • The Demon Sands
  • The Dreaming Dark
  • Attack on Stormreach
  • The Necropolis, Part 1
  • The Necropolis, Part 2
  • The Necropolis, Part 3
  • The Necropolis, Part 4
  • The Path of Inspiration
  • The Reaver’s Reach
  • The Restless Isles
  • The Ruins of Gianthold
  • The Ruins of Threnal
  • Sentinels of Stormreach
  • Shan-to-Kor
  • The Devils of Shavarath
  • Sorrowdusk Isle
  • The Red Fens
  • Harbinger of Madness
  • Tangleroot Gorge
  • The Vale of Twilight
  • The Vault of Night
  • Reign of Madness
  • Against the Slave Lords
  • Dragonblood Prophecy
  • The Mines of Tethyamar
  • Disciples of Rage
  • White Plume Mountain & Other Tales
  • The Soul Splitter
  • Keep on the Borderlands
  • The Lost Gatekeepers
Additionally, we will be conducting a sale on two of our expansions in the DDO Store! When the sale is active, players will be able to pick up the quests included in Menace of the Underdark and The Shadowfell Conspiracy for 99 DDO Points. Stay tuned for exact timing on the sale.

and yes, their servers have been having issues lately. At least it's not lotro where my server has been unplayable(as in, down) for over a week.
I heard the everquest/EQ2 servers are having the same issues btw, same publisher for SSG and whoever owns EQ now(daybreak games)

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
just found out that exclusive bags are only exclusive in your inventory, you can rotate them in your bank for loadsa space :M

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Oh ho. Looks like we are getting some free stuff due to the server instability. Going to save those XP pots for when I hit Level 30 and start running legendary content for maximum possible Reaper XP (first time bonus, double Reaper XP due to legendary, etc.)

Codex Year of the Donut
Lhynn
not sure if you mentioning not having ravenloft was in response to me telling you to get a ravenloft weapon, but if it was: all the xpacs are free for everyone until aug 31st in case you didn't know

Lhynn

Arcane
Lhynn
not sure if you mentioning not having ravenloft was in response to me telling you to get a ravenloft weapon, but if it was: all the xpacs are free for everyone until aug 31st in case you didn't know
Had no idea. How does that work exactly, and where can i read about it?

Codex Year of the Donut
Lhynn
Had no idea. How does that work exactly, and where can i read about it?
https://www.ddo.com/en/news/free-questing-coupon-and-vip-update-–-thank-you-standing-stone-games
We would like to thank you for supporting us! To start, players can continue to enjoy all of our quests, raids, and expansion content for free through August 31st, 2020.
basically all quest-related content is free until the end of august. I did Ravenloft and don't own it btw.

TBH they really should consider making all old quest content free for all, their current(oldish until promo expires I guess) marketing strategy for DDO & lotro sucks. Kind of curious about it, but I suspect they'll end up coming out way ahead with handing content out for free and people ending up buying ravenloft/sharn expansions and/or VIP.
The game has a lot of good content and really deserves more players.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Look at me
I'm the healer now

image.png

Lhynn

Arcane
Finished Ravenloft, it was good. Had to do it in heroic with my epic character because hes level 24, not enough to do it in epic. Got all favor and unlocked the skill tree. Tomorrow ill try to do Masterminds of sharn and see whats what.

It was really fun, though this game is best played with a team and on the level of the quest, so that was sad. Still, Neither Masterminds nor Ravenloft are part of the free quests from the coupon, they are the two chains that arent on the list of the free content, and will only remain free until tomorrow.

Codex Year of the Donut
Ravenloft quests are great, easily some of the best I've played so far. Not to say the others are bad, but Ravenloft content was good enough to place it next to other well-loved D&D crpgs IMO. Castle Ravenloft was fantastic.
I can't think of too many quests(from the game overall) I actually disliked. Probably Restless Isles just because it was terrible design to use the same dungeon back to back for every quest pair.

Helton

Arcane
does this thing cost money
You'll probably want to spend some money eventually but tons of content is free through August and even without that you can get a fun few dozen hours at least without spending a dime.

I started playing again yesterday after a few years hiatus. I think this is the best semi-active MMO there is, for whatever that's worth. Systems are deep enough to be interesting and the gameplay loop is very fun in itself, narrative based and fairly well varied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom