Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I don't see that many plasma turrets on fucking hard difficulty in Junkyard. Not that I remember.

jackofshadows

Magister
It is why 70 effective persuasion is a must for me because fuck the tunnels to the harbour warehouse.
Huh? Why do you care? It's not part of the main plot quest line, right?
Dominating is a pretty shitty stat bloat difficulty to satisfy power gaming munchkins who abuse any exploit and weakness to the max. You are essentially required to have indepth metagaming knowledge to beat it or enjoy reloading. A lot. Pity that Styg went the laziest way to increase difficulty which also breaks in part at least suspension of disblelief. It is why 70 effective persuasion is a must for me because fuck the tunnels to the harbour warehouse.
Well said. However, even with my level of game's knowledge (1 playthrough on release + 70% on hard recently + some wiki meta from now on) playing on hard and lower is a walk fest. You're just walk around and kill stuff. Exciting only for the 1-2 time. Playing on DOMMYASSTING OTOH is a whole another story and I'm enjoying it so far a lot.

Sykar

Arcane
It is why 70 effective persuasion is a must for me because fuck the tunnels to the harbour warehouse.
Huh? Why do you care? It's not part of the main plot quest line, right?
Dominating is a pretty shitty stat bloat difficulty to satisfy power gaming munchkins who abuse any exploit and weakness to the max. You are essentially required to have indepth metagaming knowledge to beat it or enjoy reloading. A lot. Pity that Styg went the laziest way to increase difficulty which also breaks in part at least suspension of disblelief. It is why 70 effective persuasion is a must for me because fuck the tunnels to the harbour warehouse.
Well said. However, even with my level of game's knowledge (1 playthrough on release + 70% on hard recently + some wiki meta from now on) playing on hard and lower is a walk fest. You're just walk around and kill stuff. Exciting only for the 1-2 time. Playing on DOMMYASSTING OTOH is a whole another story and I'm enjoying it so far a lot.

I am an OCD quest solver retard and need to manage as close to 100% completion rate as possible. No quest left behind!

As to Dominating, my main issue that it breaks believably and enemy progression. It also treats opponents special and gives you an artificial disadvantage like lower health gain from stims.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Anyway, along the way got myself mixed up in the Dude's quest. Damn man, this shit is awesome, especially the writing, it gave me some good Planescape vibes, no joke. Underrail has surprisingly good and solid writing, especially for a such combat-heavy game.

Wunderbar

Arcane

jackofshadows

Magister
I am an OCD quest solver retard and need to manage as close to 100% completion rate as possible. No quest left behind!
You can always wipe warehouse out then. I mean, 70 skillpoints... Although last time I did that, Protectorate didn't aggro in Junktown or their main base but their water outposts did aggro! How is that possible I just don't know.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You can always wipe warehouse out then. I mean, 70 skillpoints... Although last time I did that, Protectorate didn't aggro in Junktown or their main base but their water outposts did aggro! How is that possible I just don't know.
In my last playthrough a month ago, when I wiped-out the protectorate warehouse, any protectorate soldier on the docks would insta-attack me, making core-city immediately hostile.

Sheepherder

Augur
Is there any good builds summary (preferably sheet wise with difficulty axis)?
That'd be hard to do. It wouldn't be a build difficulty scale, instead would be a weapon type/psi type difficulty scale.
Plus, we'd have to factor in what means of defense a build would use. Whether passive defense (armor or dodge/evasion) will be used or if the player is skilled enough to use active means of defense, allowing them to pull off the "just don't get hit bro" playstyle and focus their build on offense.
Player skill is actually important, as well as metagaming knowledge.
At what point of the game would the difficulty be measured? Early/mid/late game? Some build types have difficulties at certain stages of the game.
Etc. etc.

But in general: Burst guns > other guns. Psi > no psi. Throwing (be it for damage or disables) > no throwing

jackofshadows

Magister
dqVlzVB.jpg

Kek. Gonna test it ofc but honestly, it looks like shit now.

Also, seeing burrower fucking warrior here was terrifying. When I played first time on normal they were only in DC ^^
That'd be hard to do. It wouldn't be a build difficulty scale, instead would be a weapon type/psi type difficulty scale.
Sure, I just thought maybe someone has attempted to do it already (even if outdated would be curious to look at).

Edit - dialogue with Tanner is still bugged, holy hell (when you telling him about faceless reason if you've learned it from buzzer right away, you won't get 500 credits). No big deal ofc but it's kinda annoying and unfair to the new players.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
In my last playthrough a month ago, when I wiped-out the protectorate warehouse, any protectorate soldier on the docks would insta-attack me, making core-city immediately hostile.
Oh-oh, I tried to infiltrate the warehouse the Hitman way, but it's just too tedious, they spot you easily and I was tired to reload. Wasting them all is easier, which I proceeded to do. I'm still inside, though.

Maybe you accidentally hit some bystanders with bursts or AoE outside?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Oh-oh, I tried to infiltrate the warehouse the Hitman way, but it's just too tedious, they spot you easily and I was tired to reload. Wasting them all is easier, which I proceeded to do. I'm still inside, though.

Maybe you accidentally hit some bystanders with bursts or AoE outside?
Nah, I tested it. I even tried to leave with a jetski and it was the same. Maybe if you can sneak by the soldiers in the docks (and don't come there again) you'll be OK, but it's a tough call. Be sure to have an earlier save.

jackofshadows

Magister
So, what's considered patrician choice fractions wise? I really dig JKK's armor but not sure that's the best option overall.

Tygrende

Arbiter
dqVlzVB.jpg

Kek. Gonna test it ofc but honestly, it looks like shit now.
60% is pretty reliable compared to 25% you would get with a rapid reloader. Dragunov has objectively the highest rate of fire out of all sniper rifles now. I still don't think it's worth losing crit/smart damage you get with crafted rifles, but it does have its own niche, rather than being strictly inferior to spearheads.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
JKK are only worth for crossbow builds, Coretech for energy pistols[everything else mediocre], Praetorian for guns

If you play gun based characters its more important to joint protectorate to get +10% damage from gun oil which is cheap. 50 sniper shots is a lot.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The sniper nerf was compensated for with a huge shooting spree buff that came right after in the next patch. Snipers are still much less consistent, but potentially able to kill a lot more enemies in a very short amount of time. It's actually hard to say whether they are overall weaker or stronger than before.

Mind sharing your build?

Garbage

Learned
Why the fuck do they need to even bother nerfing builds, it's not like it's a multiplayer game.

Styg should spend more time getting rid of boring shit like locust hives than bothering with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom