Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Too bad we couldn't reach the sea monsters stretch goal, that way the sailing wouldn't have been such nothingness. Now that I think about it, however, they probably would've been a part of the sea battles interface and not creatures you fight with your party, so maybe we didn't actually lose anything.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Too bad we couldn't reach the sea monsters stretch goal, that way the sailing wouldn't have been such nothingness. Now that I think about it, however, they probably would've been a part of the sea battles interface and not creatures you fight with your party, so maybe we didn't actually lose anything.
Knowing Obsidian they would have tried to do something cool, failed, rolled back all their attempts, replaced it with textbooks and ended up with the main story not 4 but 3 quests long.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mh, I would still take the illustrations.

Ulysa

Scholar
I don't often go looking for romances in games, since most are cringy as hell, but well I'm in my second playthough and I was thinking that an Eothas romance would've been interesting. There's already a natural connection. :positive:.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hehe, so after so much patching and balancing, a monk's Swift Flurry can still proc of itself (and off Heartbeat Drumming, if sufficiently high level).
Vs low Deflection enemies and/or with buffed Attack that can lead to like 4 hits instead of 1. Or maybe 8. And squishies simply explode... And I don't even have Heartbeat Drumming yet...

Monks are fun! Shadowdancers too, btw.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Like this:
b5Au4ei.jpg

2house2fly

Magister
I was making cool soulbound weapons with individual abilities for every level of every class and my PC crashed and I lost an ENTIRE weapon s' upgrades and no recovery options work. I have to start the full thing from scratch! Fuck! Maybe I should do soulbounds more like thje actual game, where they have like one unique effect per class and that's it. IU'm drubk and upset.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Two important things to say here.

1. "GIRLS PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO! IN FACT 70% GAMERS ARE GIRLS ACCORDING TO A (((STUDY)))"
2. This shit has been announced what, 4 years ago? Years later, only 10 people bothered playing POE on some hard difficulty. Game sucks, nobody plays it. Flop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
1. "GIRLS PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO! IN FACT 70% GAMERS ARE GIRLS ACCORDING TO A (((STUDY)))"

Min Kim and Yue Dai are both gender neutral names. When it comes to women, only autistic Asians would have the fortitude to go through this.

(by the way, Korean and Chinese.... Black Cat and Lilura? :lol:)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Min Kim and Yue Dai are both gender neutral names. When it comes to women, only autistic Asians would have the fortitude to go through this.
I know. For the sake of argument, let's assume one of them is female. That's female audience for you.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You don't even need to mod the game to get naked. There is a bath towel you can add over a console command. It is usually autoequipped in the bathhouse only, and equipping it makes all your characters fully nude.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Like this:
b5Au4ei.jpg

is that Path of the Damned Difficulty?

Sure, don't remember playing anything else in PoE2.

Of course, my chars were a bit overleveled for the area, I guess.

Mostly you notice 3-4 Swift Flurry Crit chains on a semi-regular basis. Still do a lot more damage per hit now (Deathblows and much stronger lashes), so the total damage per flurry can be pretty similar.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That community patch is all buffs though, with which I don't really agree. The most egregious change is -10 Deflection instead of +50% recovery on the sabre modal, that makes them probably the best weapon in the game by far.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
...provided that you want to ignore defenses. -10 Deflection is huge for a defensive minded character.
Eder is portrayed as a sabre user, but I'd rarely use that modal on him. My current main char Forbidden Fist / Trickster often uses sabres - but I also never use the modal.

Please note modals are treated as "active" abilities and don't stack - with food bonuses (Hot Razor Skewers) or activated abilities/spells (Thunderous Blows, Champion's Boon).

Modals are much better/more useful on weapons, where they are actually unique (or damn strong in case of accuracy bonuses) - such as morningstar, flail, club, rod, hunting bow, arbalest, crossbow, arquebus, rapier, pistol, shields, pike.

I consider the Community Patch very nice. It buffs some sad abilities to become actually useful - such as Uncanny Luck providing 10% Crit conversion (instead of 5%) or Improved Critical boosting critical damage (additive) by +15% (instead of +10%).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom