Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Just got the newsletter, immediately became a patron and paid my buckazoids to support this beautiful game. And for the demo, of course. I first noticed the project years ago but almost forgot about it, good to see it's coming along well. I'm very excited to try the demo.

Last edited:

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
The whole experience is about one hour long and takes place in the initial area of the game: There is exploration to be had, a quest to solve, a couple of hidden riddle chests, and a combat encounter. The story covers part of the prologue the final game will include.
Not all of the final systems are in place though, namely the map, the journal, and some other minor features are missing, but it should nevertheless give you a fair picture of what the finished product will feel like.

Edit: Oh yeah, there is no save function ;)

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The environment gives a really strong Khorinis vibe. But the buildings hit me right in the BaK feels, damn.

I have to say I love the demo so far! And I especially like the highly detailed trees, so beautiful! Especially this one to the left, so lush and detailed. Man, that's a valley I'd like to live in...

1eujsg.png

The graphical design and the congenial music and background sounds already evoke a feeling of adventure and show that elusive thing I'd like to call the "soul" so many modern games are lacking.
I was only running around to gaze at the beautiful world for now, this evening I'll play it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
played the demo. in short: Loved it.

visual: Top notch. it's unreal how much this game accomplish with simple graphics. light tone changing as time goes, fog lifting when morning changes to day and dusk. the night is very proper. dark but not completely black. you also have night vision spell. portraits looks good and the animation in combat is decent.
audio: also good. it's nothing mind blowing or a masterpiece, but i like the music, sound effects and all the little voice over are decent
story/dialogue: just ok so far. granted it's kinda prologue you just chase a swindler who took your money. but i like it. the dialogue is straight out of krondor.
level design: i enjoyed it. i found a chest with a word puzzle with nice sword inside. i dunno if there's other secrets but it's neat.
combat: nothing too complex or deep, but it's intuitive and at the very least non obstructive.
well done Rhuantavan

i am looking forward to the final product.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Are you making faster progress than you expected? You must have been busy to have a mostly working demo already. I thought this was gonna be 2030?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got my email.

Hey there!

First of all thank you for the donation to Call of Saregnar!

Today I’ve released the demo version of the game, so I’m sending you a link to download it.

Let me know what you think!

Regards,

Damjan “Rhuantavan” Mozetič

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
I have to say I love the demo so far! And I especially like the highly detailed trees, so beautiful! Especially this one to the left, so lush and detailed. Man, that's a valley I'd like to live in...
The graphical design and the congenial music and background sounds already evoke a feeling of adventure and show that elusive thing I'd like to call the "soul" so many modern games are lacking.
I was only running around to gaze at the beautiful world for now, this evening I'll play it.

played the demo. in short: Loved it.

visual: Top notch. it's unreal how much this game accomplish with simple graphics. light tone changing as time goes, fog lifting when morning changes to day and dusk. the night is very proper. dark but not completely black. you also have night vision spell. portraits looks good and the animation in combat is decent.
audio: also good. it's nothing mind blowing or a masterpiece, but i like the music, sound effects and all the little voice over are decent
story/dialogue: just ok so far. granted it's kinda prologue you just chase a swindler who took your money. but i like it. the dialogue is straight out of krondor.
level design: i enjoyed it. i found a chest with a word puzzle with nice sword inside. i dunno if there's other secrets but it's neat.
combat: nothing too complex or deep, but it's intuitive and at the very least non obstructive.
well done Rhuantavan

i am looking forward to the final product.

Thank you both for the kind words, the Codex opinion is really important to me!
:bro:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Are you making faster progress than you expected? You must have been busy to have a mostly working demo already. I thought this was gonna be 2030?!

The mechanics are nearly there, but the content is at 1%. That's what is going to take time.
I could design you a quest. Then you'd be at 2%?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom