Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

The Red Knight

Erudite
Tigranes was complaining about it, not me, i was answering but you probably missed half my answer.
I just fished out that part + it being the list of things for Pierre to work on; apologies. Though with how he handled the difficulty complaints, he might just make the player characters reshuffle between their token positions without calculating new placements (frontliners in the formation box being placed in spots of player tokens in front of where the leader is facing, etc.), which shouldn't endanger the fun stuff.

And semi-related, I think if felipepepe can teleport party members to the arena for a fight, it could be used for a fancy ambush planning where the player has a few "deploy" locations available and chooses which characters to send to which room entrance (maybe even choose the positions of computer-controlled allies that way?). Might be quite tedious to create a script that will account for all possible party sizes in the module, but then it should be just copying the whole script for other ambushes and changing the coords of where party characters will get teleported to.
Also, are you doing the crypt at level 2 ?
If you complete it including the Djinn fight at level 2, you're my hero.
From the oubliette campfire it was 4x level 2 (psionicist/white wizard/death knight/bard - for HP, HP, HP+BAB, and zone of silence, respectively) + level 3 bishop (for summon-boosting feats) and gladiator (HP+BAB+superior 2-weapon fighting), up until the last sarcophagus fight where I got the death knight to lvl3 too for the shadows. So not really a pure lvl2 party.
Not sure how to tackle the fire area yet, and I'm taking a break from that because trying stuff out in the editor is addicting.

Noddy

Augur
Ironmanning* update: I have given up. For posterity here are my stuggles:
*Didn't actually click the ironman button cos of bugs. Was just refusing to load.

1st try: Elemental wizards killed me. Realised i could leave for later after some scouting around.
2nd try: Centipedes got me. Double acid splash, two dead and one bleeding out. Fuck it back to the start.
3rd try: Smooth sailing. Lost one character to a monstorous ghost dragon round after it inexplicably won init, rezzed and moved on. Other than that the fights were fine. The bugs tho, have defeated me.
Got one crash on the Efreet in the first round. Oh well, happens.
Had the snake lady in the goblin arena fight teleport into a wall. Slightly more annoying as it was right at the end, but oh well, refight it.
And then the biggest fuck you bug i've ever gotten. The game has deleted two swords off my bard. I don't mean they got destroyed, it fucking deleted them. I went back through a couple of saves to check where it happened and the swords are gone in all saves too. Fucking erased from history.

Honestly reloading because of crashes made me a feel a little dirty, but this shit is too much for me.
I'd say i'd come back into six months or something but i'm not really sure i want to play the gimped version. Difficulty was right on the perfect line where everything was tense but everything felt doable. It won't be after discord has their way with it.

It's a genuinely beautiful game. Shame it doesn't work.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'd say i'd come back into six months or something but i'm not really sure i want to play the gimped version. Difficulty was right on the perfect line where everything was tense but everything felt doable. It won't be after discord has their way with it.

It's a genuinely beautiful game.

A lot of crashes, maybe it comes from the bard, i guess not many players used one so there may be little feedback from it.

The only areas bringing CTD for me so far are the ch2 salamander area, recruiting erz and pizarra and the pond area between the gob king and the lizard king in ch2.
But mostly the salamander area (it's fine if i don't save there) and recruiting the warlock and the sorcerer.

I don't think any gimped version will be released, so far, there is only difficulty settings you can use or not so don't give up hope just yet.
also, we didn't even reach release +1 month and i think Pierre did a great bug-hunting job as a 1 man team, compare this to DOS1/2, PK and Deadfire and i think he did a marvelous job, even.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How concerned should we be with Pierre getting rid of his QA guy?
He wasnt his QA guy, he was doing QA and help promote the game for free, if youa re talking about zappastuff. Nothing more concerning than usual given the game in his current state is enjoyable to only a few people.Tbh nothing can be more concerning than giving cheat options to solve balance issues.

Yeah Zappa is another high-tier backer like me, and he invited me to the QA team. All we were doing was keeping our own buglist on his Google Drive and contributing our reports and suggesting fixes. Zappa was working with Pierre and looking deeply into the code to help him find fixes.

Then Pierre suddenly decided he wants to do all the bug-tracking and solution-finding himself. Eh.

artakserkso

Educated
Bros, found a lulzy bug. in character creation, I rolled a random name for my Mantis Gladiator: Azrabalia.

Obv when I ask to trade with the witch AZRABALIA, instead of her inv I get the inv of my Mantis lololo.

And in that inv, I have a chest full of gems I can get off myself (any number of times!) for 1 gp lol.

Only problem is, the conversation then triggers ad infinitum LOLOLO.

EDIT: AAAAAHAAHA, it actually lets me control the witch when it's her turn to attack, check it out:

https://imgur.com/a/4mEgZqb

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Talking of bugs/crashes, the game crashed three times during the fight with the Psychic Vampire in the crypt last night.

It seemed to happen fairly reliably when the Champion in my party got dominated. Dunno if anyone else has had similar on that fight?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Someone wanted to make an erotic module?
aC6W4XT.jpg

bXU4VDl.jpg

Aaanyway, is there some sort of lore description for each subrace anywhere? I want to make additional checks for races that might be more common in/familiar with the area but all I've found is racial math and a few (sub)races mentioned as living on the elemental moons and getting onto the planet with high-level teleporting magic.

No need really, the entire module is a erotic experience, as in Pierre violating my bunghole with his Baguette.
Amen

The Red Knight

Erudite
Bros, found a lulzy bug. in character creation, I rolled a random name for my Mantis Gladiator: Azrabalia.

Obv when I ask to trade with the witch AZRABALIA, instead of her inv I get the inv of my Mantis lololo.

And in that inv, I have a chest full of gems I can get off myself (any number of times!) for 1 gp lol.

Only problem is, the conversation then triggers ad infinitum LOLOLO.

EDIT: AAAAAHAAHA, it actually lets me control the witch when it's her turn to attack, check it out:

https://imgur.com/a/4mEgZqb
I was wondering what happens if two player characters have the same name (many scripts operate on character names, though in NPCs case internal name works as an unique ID and can differ from the displayed one), but assumed Pierre assigns them some additional ID based on position in the party or creation date, i.e. mostly-fool-proof stuff unaffected by players' custom input.

Latro

Arcane
Talking of bugs/crashes, the game crashed three times during the fight with the Psychic Vampire in the crypt last night.

It seemed to happen fairly reliably when the Champion in my party got dominated. Dunno if anyone else has had similar on that fight?
Not one I've experienced after reloading that encounter a few times.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

In 1.02 I got dominated plenty of times by that fucker and I can't remember any crashes.

artakserkso

Educated
I was wondering what happens if two player characters have the same name (many scripts operate on character names, though in NPCs case internal name works as an unique ID and can differ from the displayed one), but assumed Pierre assigns them some additional ID based on position in the party or creation date, i.e. mostly-fool-proof stuff unaffected by players' custom input.
Yeah, I think I'll rename her to something safer like "Azra'); DROP TABLE Monsters;--".

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Tacgnol
Got my DK dominated once, had to knock him down so i'm taking a good care of the vampire as fast as i can whenever i get back to that fight.

Funny how everyone has his own personal bug haunting him.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Tacgnol
Got my DK dominated once, had to knock him down so i'm taking a good care of the vampire as fast as i can whenever i get back to that fight.

Funny how everyone has his own personal bug haunting him.
Mine is incredible and I got it in two different playthroughs: as soon as I reach chapter 2, I get teleported to the room with the witches and the dialogue starts. When I close the dialogue, all four crones get added to my party and follow me around as additional characters. Then the game crashes at the first encounter.

cruelio

Savant
Me before chapter 3: the fights are designed by a retard but at least they aren't repetitive and boring

Me playing chapter 3: if I see another copy pasted fight against slimes or fomorians or bugs or cultists I'm going to uninstall this game

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Me before chapter 3: the fights are designed by a retard but at least they aren't repetitive and boring

Me playing chapter 3: if I see another copy pasted fight against slimes or fomorians or bugs or cultists I'm going to uninstall this game
Chapter 3 doesn't have that many copypasted fights, usually each one has something unique.

Chapter 4, on the other hand... let's just say you won't like that.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Lol you ain't seen shit yet, wait until you get to chapter 4.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I finally beat this game.
lE0SE4X.png

Two encounters made me angry. 1)Death Trap at high sewers 2)final encounter. Besides that, good fucking game. I am going to wait until he fixes the game before I invest more of my time into it. BlueSalamander Please have another look at the final encounter, it was awful to play through.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Halp guis!
Stuck on the death snare riddler.

Taste my bread, enjoy my ale,
White or orange, and flavorful
I help the weak regain their strength

cruelio

Savant
Oh cool. Gargantuan spider that's a level 9 caster and, to make sure you have almost no chance of doing anything about it, not only starts in its own separate room away from you but also inserts itself into combat out of nowhere after you start. What a fun game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Oh cool. Gargantuan spider that's a level 9 caster and, to make sure you have almost no chance of doing anything about it, not only starts in its own separate room away from you but also inserts itself into combat out of nowhere after you start. What a fun game.
Don't be a pussy, man. You just have to cover the entire area with Silence before she appears.

So that she may obliterate your party with her 8th level silenced spells.

cruelio

Savant
Don't be a pussy, man. You just have to cover the entire area with Silence before she appears.

So that she may obliterate your party with her 8th level silenced spells.
I guess that's still better than her showing up out of nowhere and before I can even react hitting my entire party with Pierre's Homebrew Spell of Instant Game Over

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom