Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL i am not a nerd mate,don't watch virgin devs talking about irrelevant games. Care only about games i could play,that was a surprise to me lol. It is dumb shit like blizzard making nu deablo.....but for phones lol.

>not a nerd
>watches COHHCARNAGE

:hmmm:
He is a chill guy mate,don't be a cunt. I am too old to watch screeching retards playing the same game for years on. He is pretty nice to watch when you have some table work,the guy talks about normal things and have a nice family.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One reason to be positive about this game - it proves the capabilities of the PROGRAMMER BRO as game director: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jabby/

Obsidian hasn't had many game directors whose background was primarily in programming, although I guess Tim Cain counts.

jackofshadows

Magister
One reason to be positive about this game - it proves the capabilities of the PROGRAMMER BRO as game director: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jabby/

Obsidian hasn't had many game directors whose background was primarily in programming, although I guess Tim Cain counts.
So far, the game aside from some xbox-account complains, general EA stuff and the expected server's 1st day overload looks great from tech stand point. With this guy at charge. I mean, who would've thought :D Great job indeed, no matter any other shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most of Obsidian's game directors have had careers as designers (which makes sense, of course). Other than Adam and Tim Cain, the only other ascended programmer seems to be Richard Taylor, who was director of Dungeon Siege III and Armored Warfare. Leonard Boyarsky the rare game director whose background is in art.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
The variety of bugs in the game seems lacking so far, but i guess it makes sense considering the location wise (backyard house) will not contain many variety of bug.

How will they introduce new bugs and what kind justification for adding it without making backyard like some kind wild jungle.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Supposedly they will add new biomes, whatever that means (new locations?). I want to be able to keep bugs as pets, and pet them too. And ride them.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
You can always count on Mack for a good review. :salute: Nice to see him liking it.

It's really "everything wrong with modern video game reviews." Publishers getting a total pass for scummy practices. Again, it's just gotta be pretty damn scummy for a big publisher like Microsoft to release any game in early access. Wouldn't it be nice if reviewers gave at least a little bit of a shit about SHIT like this? Instead of just turning a complete blind eye to it. Whether what's there now is fun or not, people are still paying Microsoft 30-40 bucks for what's essentially like a demo? And of course for the glorious privilege of beta-testing the game for free. It should be a bigger issue.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The variety of bugs in the game seems lacking so far, but i guess it makes sense considering the location wise (backyard house) will not contain many variety of bug.

How will they introduce new bugs and what kind justification for adding it without making backyard like some kind wild jungle.

Pretty simple.

Deliveryman pulls up in rusted van from dying USPS:

"Your package of Chiquita bananas are here!"

Flou

Arbiter

I think the biggest positive from Grounded's success is that it proves to Feargus that you can make a profitable and a good game with a small team. He might even allow other than his golden boys Brennecke and Sawyer to make a passion project after this one.

It might not be what grognards here want to play, but it's still a name they can use as brand recognition when marketing their games in the future.

And, honestly. Brennecke seems like he has solid ideas when it comes to making games. Wasn't he the one who kept on pushing for Kickstarter when Feargus kept saying no.

Flou

Arbiter

I think there's still a lot of bugs you can add without making it feel unrealistic. Adding new locations/biomes will help as well. After all the game is easy to expand when it's just some whacky science that got them small in the first place. Once you go through all the grassland critters, teleport them into a different setting.

And they are adding a lot of content before final release. If the game has about 20% of story currently in it, I think it's safe to assume creatures and other elements will be added as well.

Zach Spurlock (the animator in the game) said on social media that he did pretty much every creature animation to the game by himself. Obviously it will take some time to get new stuff in there with such a limited team.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can always count on Mack for a good review. :salute: Nice to see him liking it.

It's really "everything wrong with modern video game reviews." Publishers getting a total pass for scummy practices. Again, it's just gotta be pretty damn scummy for a big publisher like Microsoft to release any game in early access. Wouldn't it be nice if reviewers gave at least a little bit of a shit about SHIT like this? Instead of just turning a complete blind eye to it. Whether what's there now is fun or not, people are still paying Microsoft 30-40 bucks for what's essentially like a demo? And of course for the glorious privilege of beta-testing the game for free. It should be a bigger issue.
hqdefault.jpg

Or maybe stop getting butthurt about early access games since they are on the market for almost a decade?

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Or maybe stop getting butthurt about early access games since they are on the market for almost a decade?

Just because they exist, doesn't make it right. You get what I'm saying though? No? Really just nothing wrong with one of the biggest publishers on the planet pulling this shit? Maybe if reviewers weren't such useless hacks, this guy included, 'Early access' would have been long since dropped.

"Good review = nice to see him liking it," I'm assuming you just want the game to succeed, you like Obsidian, you want them to do well. Fine, that's fine, you are being a bit of a dummy here to begin with. But I'm not putting myself above you, we all do this. So it sure would be nice if I could rely on a reviewer or two to save me from myself. But I can't. It sure would be nice if some of these people had my back. But they don't. Because it seems they're all just as dumb as me. Or you. They offer nothing.

overly excitable young man

Don't care about Minecraft clones but those Ladybugs are sooooo cute.
Now only if there were giant bumblebees...

Quillon

Arcane

let's see sawya's survival skillz :P

...oh no that crew: kate d + wokehambone, who is the third? :D

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Sawyer's partner in crime on Pillars, why should I be happy about this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom