Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First demo for Call of Saregnar released to backers

Diggfinger

Arcane
Seems this game will be to Betrayal for Krondor what Grimoire was to the Wizard-series :cool:

Not sure, they look like they know how to write code.

By ''they'' you mean ''he''.

Seems Rhuantavan is doing the dang thing on his own! With the two others doing music and sound effects.

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
That hit the spot. Between the visual style, music, larping models, and writing, this is a true spiritual successor to Betrayal at Krondor in all but one aspect - the characters didn't constantly miss their attacks. My compliments to the ambient sounds, which provoked an overwhelming need to go outside and wander a local forest path.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Mark Richard

Arcane
Patreoned it too.
Rhuantavan, please finish it someday, even if I know that it is a huge project :salute:
Unless death comes first, it shall be made.
What are you going to do if the development time extends into 2030 and you need to call the actors in to do some new poses for a late-game cutscene? They'll have physically aged 10 years. One minute Sam and Hewan will be youthful rascals, the next they'll have receding hairlines and beer bellies.

These are the sort of questions which keep me up at night.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
What are you going to do if the development time extends into 2030 and you need to call the actors in to do some new poses for a late-game cutscene? They'll have physically aged 10 years. One minute Sam and Hewan will be youthful rascals, the next they'll have receding hairlines and beer bellies.

Wigs. Really bad wigs. Just like BaK.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wigs. Really bad wigs. Just like BaK.
By then photoshop should have advanced enough to put most of these concerns to rest.

Turbografx

Augur
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Do you get access to the demo if you drop $30 on the website as well or is it only for people who subscribe on Patreon?
I’ll send you a key if you drop anything into paypal at the moment.

Just tossed you something. Looks very intriguing. I'd love to try the demo too!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom