Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks good, are these of comparable quality to Jedi Knight games by Raven ?

Jedi Knight is better due to the bigger scope and excellent lightsaber implementation, but Voyager as a Star Trek game is excellent. Microprose tried earlier to make a good FPS in this universe with Klingon Honor Guard, but it felt more like rushed Unreal mode than a proper independent game for me. If I would have to compare it to other Raven game, it would be Singularity. Small, compact, but fleshed enough to make the player entertained through the whole story, while not trying to artificially make it longer.

the sequel

Bueno.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Destroy All Humans remake. DAH is actually one of my favorite games. Just exceptionally fun and all-around well made.
Does it still hold up?

Yup. It's a very well done ground up build of the original. I can't imagine anyone who enjoyed the original wouldn't enjoy the remake.
I loved the original and will definitely check this out. I'm glad the remake didn't shit the bed.

According to some links I found in OAG, they did, to a very small extend.
Basically they removed one sexist dialogue line in a specific quest because it was considered "awful". There's also black police officers who may or may not haven been in the original (I never played it for the PS2, sadly).
Dunno if it's true or not: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198141694967/recommended/803330
https://steamcommunity.com/app/803330/discussions/0/2792747051062441413/?ctp=2

Beggar

Cipher
Last Defenders was much easier than the Hexoatl campaign. Really easy to guess which way the jews are gonna come. And I stayed the whole game with the provinces I conquered in my 35 turn, even that was enough to be above everyone else in the game ritual wise.
Also dinos agains jews is OP in auto resolve.
gor.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
Vanguard

QnyJuxZ.jpg

:hmmm:

dQxcM6j.jpg

Some strange pillars moving up and down all the time. I wonder what that's all about.

I37L2fy.jpg

Of course... :M

gCgiR7w.png

vJ7XJv9.jpg

Crates!

wLHrSBD.jpg

PJNJpJN.jpg

HG5VyHS.jpg

9HCSZ8d.jpg

elHVV2X.jpg

uIr4I25.jpg

qkEpL1D.jpg

Don't want.

IscSKKH.jpg

AxkXjcR.jpg

BRPVOEj.jpg

3Ir3uHR.jpg

DPSy1o1.jpg

WaqUDys.png

ckrly5x.png

Punch-Out!!

rRIlcWI.png

Who's that guy?

valky667

Novice
First off and the reason, why I started to use my acc again was probably that thread. Might have spent a 'few' hours and ~150 pages worth of screenshots to get some inspiration, of what to play next or anytime soon. With the exception of weird shooter stuff, there are quite some cool games listed. Most likely also my language, that nets me the one or other steam ban *cough*

Finished *yay*

E6B46C5467833549B62F7C52175A9BE8B24A32E3

Next:
F97A76C3BBA9158C5C13244A280133C50B0B7CC4

Drakensang - The Dark Eye (found my old saves!)
One of the very few games I play in my own language, because voice over is better and translation has quite a few issues. Ergos Fixpack is highly recommend, specially for the latter. Helmets are disabled by SQL hack.

Beggar

Cipher
The whole africa is united under the islam one banner. Time to invade and desecrate the sacred europe ulthuan.

afr.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
There are so many interesting games that have been sitting in my 'to play' list for years. But nah, let's just play more Dewm. :dealwithit:
This time, Valiant.
WHRJl07.png

6K5bT3L.jpg

Vanguard was pretty cool already but also rather short and modest with only 12 maps. This one is another full-length 32-map megawad with some alterations, made by the same mapper. And it looks even better, and is also a bit more challenging. I'm only half-way through, though.

sBePiX8.jpg

The theme is that most monsters have been cybernetically enhanced (or something), like Imps are now shooting faster projectiles. To balance this, your pistol shoots faster, and the chaingun also has a much higher rate of fire + higher ammo capacity.

FUkOT9D.jpg

Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for... Sorry, wrong game.

kZAsNDd.jpg

When Arachnotrons die, there is a chance their brain(?) will leave the corpse and fly around. It's a new enemy type that shoots the same plasma projectiles.

cBTOdpe.jpg

Makes me think of Octobrains.

hXhfN0r.jpg

The Mancubian Candidate. I've heard about this map.

1sw2SXZ.jpg

There is one Mancubus in this level, and he mustn't die. Of course, he is constantly harassing you and also prone to infighting.

1Y8xIc9.jpg

If he dies, this will be your punishment. There must be at least 16 of them. I'm sure you could find a way to survive this, if you are masochistic enough. But it's more fun to play by the rules.

v4g7KXA.jpg

oTdaZuU.jpg

hfXmN7S.jpg

This again.

tnS4yXh.jpg

Hell Knights have been upgraded to Pyro Knights. Just like in the Paradise WAD, they shoot streams of very fast fireballs, turning them into a more serious threat.

HknHjI8.jpg

And when they die they turn to ash.

p79Kl4C.jpg

EkoE3VK.jpg

v8GCM39.png

Green text on green background. Thanks.
rating_prosper.png

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Doesn't seem that stiff too me tbh (maybe the demo was worse). I like how it looks, I mean the whole of it, the atmosphere or whatever. Biggest problem of this game isn't any kind of "stiffness" but repetitive enemies, most of the fighting so far is trash encounters with zombies that are very easy to kill. I like the level design though, at times it's a bit more like something that could be in an older FPP games. Overall its an ok-ish game, I'm enjoying it but it's really not comparable to DS or some of it's its clones. A kind of B-movie of dark souls-like games.

Beggar

Cipher
The whole africa is united under the islam one banner. Time to invade and desecrate the sacred europe ulthuan.

afr.jpg

Africa united once again. This time we'll lead an attack to south america through the tip of lustria

:bunkertime:

am.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
3Lb7U7M.png

VL8IcTd.png

Y8wk5TA.png

AwLtJq6.png

I loved this shadow magic mod.

https://artisans-corner.com/shadow-magic/

Shadow magic is far more dangerous. You can chose to take CON damage or HP damage as a drawback. Most spells of shadow magic, are twisted versions of regular spells. Not necessarily stronger. Shadowblast is a "fireball" that deals less damage but deals cold and magical damage. While exposed to sunlight, you take -2 caster level penalty, -4 penalty on casting speed(not sure) and all your summons are weaker.

Psquit

Arcane
6BdPodh.jpg

Daughterfu nooooooo!

FFsMbFa.jpg

lkTSvdr.jpg

Those 2012 sure were crazy.

2PeZVva.jpg

The best part of the game.

VBEWDwt.jpg

I was going to throw her in the oven but that's not an option. Into the SOPA she goes.

xgIoxQQ.jpg

Daughterfu is safe.

After all these years I finally finished the game and it was decent. Quite easy and broken with all the powers but without them, it's not that different.
The story is nothing special as the antagonists. Emily is a plot device to keep the story going, beyond the "uguuuu korvo u muh daddy" she has 0 character development, and the outsider was underutilized.

:3/5: Probably the most below average Arkane studios game I played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom