Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Was thinking about it. I don't think I'm ever coming back to Warframe.

What I'd love to see is Warframe 2. If DE took all their vast knowledge they gained making the first game and used that to build a sequel. Get rid of all the stupid shit nobody asked for, dump the space simulator crap and the open world bore and the pointless operator retardery and make a brand new game with space magic and shooting, with a brand new star system to conquer, brand new frames and brand new mechanics, the bolder the better.

Unfortunately WF1 is dead to me. It's just layers of shit upon layers of shit, it's beyond revamping, beyond saving. It's my most played game on Steam, it gave me some of the most memorable gaming moments in my 25 year gaming career but there's just no coming back from this mess.

U-8D8

Savant
Nothing he said is wrong. Destiny 2 is the core mechanics of what makes online games addictive distilled down to its purest form. All you do is increase a single number, that's basically the entire game.
Really I was only making a joke. But if we're going to talk about this, I'd say light level progression in Destiny isn't really the point of the game. It's an artificial way of keeping the player involved and aside from a select few activities, grinding for those high levels doesn't really have that much of a benefit. You don't have any more abilities than the next guy, and since with the next expansion Bungie makes will raise the level cap, it'll be like you never grinded for your light level in the first place. I'm not complimenting the system, far from it, but I'm saying it's more of an secondary objective in comparison to getting better rolls on armor and weapons and getting exotic gear. At least it is if you're not a sweat who really wants to waste his time to have 5% more health and damage than the other guy for a limited amount of time.

Honestly, I don't even like the progression system; it's the combat and the weapons that I'm partial to. That's actually what pushed me away from Warframe because I could only "push button to farm grineer trash mob" so many times before the activity became mind numbing. Battles are almost always won in your mod loadout screen and even then you'd have to be criminally incompetent to not make everything in the game a trivial experience. Whenever DE tried to make an actual challenge, they'd either give the enemy a health bar the size of Nebraska or put in some bullshit mechanic to keep you from killing the enemies in seconds; arbitrations, parazons etc etc. You could just lift an enemy like the Jaguar Warriors from Hexen 2 or the Skaarj from Unreal, (a game DE worked on) and even with all your parkour abilities it would still be more difficult than anything in the base game. But they have no interest in refining the base game mechanics. The fact that you guys are "okay" with Archwing, which is a dumbed-down version of the basic Warframe gameplay makes me wonder if you've forgotten the actual "gameplay" element in the game.

I'm not trying to hoist one game over the other. I'd just like to think there's a sweet spot between "Halo with a grind" and "grinding is ninety-five percent of the game."

Gerrard

Arcane
If DE took all their vast knowledge they gained making the first game
:whatho:

Get rid of all the stupid shit nobody asked for
I don't think you understand, all that stupid shit is in the game because DE wanted to put it there.

Are you seeing a conflict between those two statements of yours?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've watched a few videos of the WF tubers/streamers now and many of them complain about the grind. I don't really understand it, isn't grind the main point of a looter-shooter? Are other games in the genre any different? (I'm a noob, I've only ever played ME3 MP and WF). I mean sure, grinding for something for straight up days is asinine but hating grind as such? In a game like this?

I still remember when I had to farm some four-parter item and I got all four parts in five runs - I was kindda disappointed. One of the reasons I played Warframe was that I enjoyed the grind, I thought it was p. moderate, by and large. But that was two years ago.

Codex Year of the Donut
The grind is the game so those people are dumb.
Only thing I ever bought with plat was Harrow.
I spent weeks farming the part that drops from the defection missions, and it never dropped. Nobody ever did defection and I got so bored I just bought it.

Lhynn

Arcane
The problem is when the grind gets to be so much that you cant feel you progressed anything if you only played half an hour.
Warframe was always a game you could pick up, play 15-20 minutes and feel like you made some advancement towards something, you will notice most of the old missions are structured to last this long to get a worthy reward from. Hell, a lot of missions are structured to last less than 5.

What is the problem now? For starters that you need a lot more time to complete a mission in railjack, or to level up your lich. The other problem is the bad rewards, you have like 30%-50% chance to gain something you dont need from a mission as the only reward.

The other problem is the number of materials. In railjack for example you need 1.5k of a material you get anywhere from 5 to 10 every time you do manage to get it to craft a single part for your ship, which will be useless when you get a better part that you will need another 1.5k materials again to repair. You are looking at hundreds of hours of doing nothing but railjack. And the problem isnt you enjoying or not enjoying railjack, it is that you cant make any advancement towards it in your 15-30 minutes of playtime before you have to live your life.

DE used to not give the slightest bit of a fuck about high end players, if they got the shit they needed in a couple days that was fine, it was their prerogative to play the game that much. But nowadays all content is aimed at those hardcore grinders, so people with little time get discouraged, and stop playing the game. The last event was a shitshot because of this very thing, among other reasons. Very few people with railjacks, half the railjacks you would find hosting had the lowest stats and it made missions longer and a lot more annoying, because they offered better rewards to railjack crews.

To make matters worse you cant even trade for that shit, you cant play the part of the game you actually enjoy, and trade with someone else for the shit they got in the part of the game they liked.

This game having no RNG items was a breath of fresh air back then. When they gave us Rivens it was a fairly cool concept. One per weapon, if you got a favorite weapon you can reroll the riven to see it perform better. Felt endgamey.
Nowadays most of the best weapons in the game are rng dependant, every part of your railjack is rng dependant. Nobody wants to bother with railjack so DE is actively forcing players to play with with the latest nightwave.

Its like they dont undersand what game they are making or why it was successful in the first place.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Perhaps, i am not happy to spend 200 hours collecting space rocks in a game thats supposedly a third person shooter just so my railjack feels good to play in. Its as retarded as the fishing grind in poe.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Static grind is the problem, any grind that cannot be sped up or overcome by player tactics and skill is the problem. Best part is how DE just really seems to hate it when players try to do that, hence nerfing limbo on that goatse monster railjack event.

Lhynn

Arcane
Meanwhile the toxic faggot from a gay guy place is still a partner. What a shitshow of a game.

Lhynn

Arcane
Quit this shit a couple days ago, after the huge nerf to bramma. I dont even care about the bow, i had a few other weapons lined up and ready, like the shedu. Its just that i was no longer enjoying this. Glad to say i dont miss it and i dont care.

eklektyk

Erudite
their nerf policy is simply retarded

instead of rebalancing weaker things and making them compete/be usable in comparison with best thingss they nerf to the ground on basis of procentage usability

then we get nerfs to basicly worhtless things like lato etc simply beacouse starting new players bump it into view of retards balancing things that see "wow so many users are enyoing this worthles piece of crap NERFFFFFFFFGRGRGHGGHG' and other beautiful things DE do on twiter etc where they virtue signal and do other bs ... i think its a canadian thing ... no cure for this sicknes

im warframe almost free for 2 years - only occasionaly relapsing to go for a spin in my necro for a few moments...

Gerrard

Arcane
Here's your content bro
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1205630-the-steel-path-update-2810/

K3CURHU.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Lets see if I understood, they will add a new game + mode and that is the whole content so far for 2020 besides nightwaves? Those canadian clowns... maybe if they spent less time twitter shilling for BLM and more time working, their game wouldnt be shit. Being honest, this game is basically a beta game that those clowns keep on Early Acess state since 2013, dunno why people insist playing this crap.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's a shame Tencent doesn't actually get involved much in the development of the companies they buy, would be an improvement.

ADL

Prophet
Tennocon 2020's smaller announcements: Hydroid Prime trailer, Hydroid Deluxe, a new community created Warframe called Xaku that's cool as fuck

Larger announcements: Infested open world, new tileset, overhauled new player experience and an endgame system that adds the ability to "transmute abilities" between two separate frames so you can be Excalibur shooting Volt's lightning bolts out of your hands at the expense of one of Excalibur's abilities.

All this stuff is coming out August 25th

did they really go that way? =_= even if moving a skill consumes a whole frame it's still retarded and retardedly abusable. trinity energy everywhere. frames are thematic for a reason. they should have worked on zenurik's mandatory "5, ctrl+space, 5" every single moment you're not shooting, reintroduced stamina because slide-double jumping-slide is an idiotic means of transportation and makes several rooms trivial and obsolete (and that particular parkour room even hard to understand), buffed a hundred of trash tier weapons instead of nerfing all others' rivens to the ground, removed niggaspeaking nigga pecause niggas gotta nigga and it's completely out of place ruining the already largely ruined mood ruined by years of literal nonsense when "ninja pirate in space" was already more than enough...

Gerrard

Arcane
You're incredibly naive if you think you'll be able to transplant actually useful abilities. At this point we have Molt, Pull, and Fire Walker confirmed, and Molt requires an augment mod to even be worth it.
It's a cool idea on paper but will be ruined as usual.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I never got to that stage, the grind for mods was such ass I ended up loathing all things archwing within a few hours of playing that mode.

Also not judging, but you must be in a tiny minority of AW fans. When I was going through the content the archwing missions were utterly barren. I had a terrible time finding pubs, even through chat. Oftentimes I was reduced to begging folks to help me with some of the more annoying AW missions.

This more than anything tells me nobody asks for a flying mode in a space ninja co-op shooter. And what does DE do after seeing their AW missions being completely abandoned? They double down on flying and pour all their resources into a gigantic space simulator mode that, surprise surprise, nobody ends up giving a fuck about.

I'm now in the process of catching up on what's happening in the community, watching Rahetalius, Flynn and Brozime and it's really, really sad what has become of DE. They went into a total lockdown siege mentality. "Everyone criticising us is toxic evil hater, our game is perfect and all we're gonna talk about in our dev streams are fashion frames, cuddly puppies and fluffy thoughts."

Sad.

When I played this game years ago I watched a tennolive where Steve openly admitted that endgame keeps him awake at night. They didn't have a clue what to do with their game then and they still don't.

I liked the game when it was a third person diablo, a hellgate london that actually played well and had a cool setting. All they had to do was make more tilesets and flesh out the solar system.

Their movement system and combat doesn't work in an open world setting.

Gerrard

Arcane
On the stream they said there are "hundreds" of people working behind the scenes. How can a studio of hundreds be unable to deliver anything in any reasonable time frame? That's what diversity hires give you. Tencent please come quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom