Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I have gone from Adept to Valor style. I have been hunting Gore Magala for his sword which looks really kickass!
Valor style feels more fluid when trying to keep the damage on and going from offense to defense. It really is too good.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer a save from the non-Ultimate 3DS version to this?

Vorark

Erudite
It seems someone managed to backport the GU English translation to the 3DS version of XX, works on Citra too. If anyone cares, look at that iso site with 3ds in its name.

Vorark

Erudite
There's a thread at GBATemp with a bunch of interesting codes, including an improved 3DS XX--Switch GU crossplay, unlocked framerate (for XX), better render settings (XX and 4U) plus an assortment of tweaks.

These codes works with the hardware itself and Citra.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
Sorry to keep bumping the thread, but I had the time to properly check a couple of the codes and they work as expected.

XX runs unlocked both on Citra and the 3DS hardware, maxing out at 60fps. The best part is that if you use the codes to turn off the FSAA and dither filters, the game is able to maintain 50-60fps even on the older 3DS/2DS (beware sleep mode gets fucked, though). You'll notice the difference as soon as you visit Area 6 in Jurassic Frontier, framerate used to dip at the middle of the map.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Sorry to keep bumping the thread, but I had the time to properly check a couple of the codes and they work as expected.

XX runs unlocked both on Citra and the 3DS hardware, maxing out at 60fps. The best part is that if you use the codes to turn off the FSAA and dither filters, the game is able to maintain 50-60fps even on the older 3DS/2DS (beware sleep mode gets fucked, though). You'll notice the difference as soon as you visit Area 6 in Jurassic Frontier, framerate used to dip at the middle of the map.

You are a legend mate !
I was looking for something like that for MHXX.

Last time i used it for PSP version where it unlocked 60fps mode.
I'll test it myself

edit: Tested it works super great !

Finally MHGU in 60fps. Also that dude was able to change amount items per stack so maybe he will be able to change amount of storage space (add new pages). That would be trully amazing change.

It never made any sense why storage space was limited.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Talked a bit with dev behind this. He is currently working on save compression/encryption issues that prevents him from editing more stuff like amount of pages in storage box.

Truly good lad.

He also already found a way to remove restriction on blademaster/gunner armor sets but decided hold it off for now because it will need full save compatibility about which i said above.

Vorark

Erudite
Yeah, it's all good: higher resolution, 60fps, play with whatever controller you want, the backported GU translation. I'm even warming up to the game, despite its unorthodox design and full-blown animu 'tardness.

Also paging Blaine, remember he was interested in XX/GU.

Perkel

Arcane
crosspost from emulation.

Perkel how's your performance in MH4 & XX in citra? I get some annoying slowdowns

Those slowdowns are caused by cache misses as citra tries to upscale those roar and other effects when you increase resolution. and they are more severe the higher res you play, with at native being very small impact (but game looks like shit then)

Ask and you shall receive full package:

- Special build of citra which fixes those slowdowns and fixes cut-scenes for mh4. Also has really nice additioanal screen setup. To fix those weird framerate issues on loacation change just bind speed togle on citra because those are caused by synchronization when Citra takes 300-400% speed game and tries to squash it down to 100%
- Also MHGU translation patch - rip from official MHGU switch translation so perfect without Japanese dialogs like in fan translation. It contains 1.4 update and every update before that.
- All of DLC for MHXX - DLC you download on 3DS from MHXX download store they give for free which you can't get normally on citra. So all extra challenges, monsters quests, etc. Only problem: you have to replace your save file in Citra so bye bye your save. Once you start game you can replace character you have with new character and DLC will still be there. If you are mad enough you can use save transfer tools to try and get your old save but i didn't want to dabble with it as it is painful process and there aren't really a lot of people who can help you. As for MH4 i don't have save with DLC. DLC is not translated but you can easily find kiranico descriptions.
- 60FPS and remove Dithering cheats. Unlocks perfectly 60fps in MHXX and removes that vaseline with square blocks on screen you can sometimes see in dark.
- Discord focused on MHXX on Citra. Acitve sub that actually plays MHXX a lot on citra via multiplayer and shares all that fun stuff. Official MH discord hubs are shit when it comes to citra co-op.

My HD mod doesn't work on that build of citra as this is older build that does not have texture replacement in it. There is hope though that someone will just add it in just like a lot of stuff was added to build i posted.

edit: apperently chinese are making unoficial builds which means that probably very soon there will be build which fixes mh games and have texture replacement.

lol i just found by pure chance DLC for MH4U

Perkel

Arcane
Bit of an update:

- there will be version of citra that will have both texture replacement feature and fine speed. One of the guys who makes unnoficial builds of citra over at Huntersverse will do that when PR with texture replacement will get officially into citra
- there are already several HD packs projects for all MH games. One of them is of my work with friend from discord and there are as well projects for MH4U and MH3U. MHXX stuff: UI is 95% done, villages done. Environments, weapons/armors and monsters will follow. Armors will come very soon as friend is close to releasing them.

Vorark

Erudite
Perkel, can something be done about the ground textures in XX? They are ugly as heck when upscaled. Would be possible to import the ones that were redone for the Switch version of XX? Improved LOD would be nice but it might be a 3DS limitation...

Also, since you're well informed about emulation shenanigans, can I import my MH3U save to use with the WiiU emulator? Or is Citra able to emulate 3U now?

Perkel

Arcane
Perkel, can something be done about the ground textures in XX? They are ugly as heck when upscaled. Would be possible to import the ones that were redone for the Switch version of XX? Improved LOD would be nice but it might be a 3DS limitation...

Also, since you're well informed about emulation shenanigans, can I import my MH3U save to use with the WiiU emulator? Or is Citra able to emulate 3U now?

I mean this is how it looks like with our hd texture pack:

unknown.png

if you want it you can join discord server where we host that stuff and work on it. Other guy should soon upload most of the armors in game while i finished all villages + 1 locale day. 27 to go. UI is also done.

Vorark

Erudite
Ho boy, looking good! Don't use discord but do share your work with us once it's done.

Perkel

Arcane
Well it won't be officially done for at least month or more going by how much time it takes to replace textures.
But here is link to latest version

Vorark

Erudite
:necro:

GU is somewhat playable on Yuzu early access builds as long as you provide a save file to bypass the character creation screen. Runs smoothly at both 30 and 60fps on an old 3.0ghz i5, although I've run into random freezes during zone transitions (dealbreaker) and visual glitches both in OpenGL and Vulkan. Looks better than the 3DS version thanks to the slimmed down UI, all info being displayed on a single screen and the improved LOD/lighting/foliage.

Useful resources:
  • Save file - google additional MHGU content (savegame) and you ought to find something
  • 60fps hack

Perkel, noticed you had a hand in the 60fps hack, do you know anything about these freezes?

Last edited:

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've had no idea that there was already a Switch emulator with that much functionality. Looks really promising, pretty sure at some point even is going to be able to connect LAN with actual switchs.

The random freezes really sounds as a deal breaker, even if save/load states functionality were possible. It would be kinda lame to play MH with save states anyway.

Perkel

Arcane
:necro:

GU is somewhat playable on Yuzu early access builds as long as you provide a save file to bypass the character creation screen. Runs smoothly at both 30 and 60fps on an old 3.0ghz i5, although I've run into random freezes during zone transitions (dealbreaker) and visual glitches both in OpenGL and Vulkan. Looks better than the 3DS version thanks to the slimmed down UI, all info being displayed on a single screen and the improved LOD/lighting/foliage.

Useful resources:
  • Save file - google additional MHGU content (savegame) and you ought to find something
  • 60fps hack

Perkel, noticed you had a hand in the 60fps hack, do you know anything about these freezes?

First time i hear about freezes in MHGU in Yuzu be it EA or Mainline. Probably some regression in yuzu updates so you should hunt for earlier version of yuzu. Currently like you said it is super playable and runs 60fps with mod if you provide save file.

Currently with few folks we wait for Yuzu to get better support for MHGU, aka squashing those bugs and allowing for character creator. Then we will port our texture pack to it. Not everything will be ported since we borrowed switch textures for it but weapons and armors, UI etc are clearly better in our pack.

The big missing feature for now is local play. 3DS Citra already has it so most of folks who hunt together use 3DS version (currently 3DS version looks better than Switch version with our pack) but like you said has annoying 2 screens to deal with.

I hear from variou sources that local play is coming but no ETA

Either way if you are interested in playing MHGU Vorark then head over to texture pack discord and there is #mh-communities section where there are discord servers focus on Citra playing online in MHGU. There are shitload of people playing 3DS version on Citra and it is pretty easy to find folks to play with.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
The EA versions above 800 don't launch the game any longer, according to task manager memory usage balloons up to 600mb~900mb and then the process halts whilst EA 797 boots the game with 100% success but keep randomly freezing. I think 8gb should be enough for GU, so maybe the freezes are related to Windows 7... Will try the early 700s and late 600s.

Perkel

Arcane
switch to opengl. Vulcan in Yuzu works worse than OpenGL and has memory leak since forever that keeps eating ram.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
The freezes happen in both OpenGL and Vulkan, really weird issue. Don't think the vga is the culprit either.

- Edit: Solved the problem.

Had to force the audio output through my mobo sound jack (instead of "auto") and disable audio stretching. However there is still the occasional lock up and some maps are glitchier than others. Gonna try again after a couple of months, the emulator is too finnicky at the moment.

Last edited:

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best part is that if you use the codes to turn off the FSAA and dither filters, the game is able to maintain 50-60fps even on the older 3DS/2DS (beware sleep mode gets fucked, though).

Although I didn't put fps on display to quantify the improvement, I perceived smoother framerates with these codes enabled on old 3DS hardware.

Lately, I've been playing MHXX and added 60fps unlocked, fsaaOFF|NoAAON to a cheat file setup from Checkpoint Save Manager, which surprisingly includes the enable Crossplay v2.5 already. Since It's a toggle cheat, MHXX goes back to vanilla multiplayer after boot.
The following screenshots are from crossplay Low Rank online hunts:
ewMLe7M.png

wV6AFbF.png
Unlike japanese rooms, It's easier to find a place without a HR+800 mingling around hard carrying the hunt.

By the way, how good is the keyboard mapping on Citra for MH games?

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
By the way, how good is the keyboard mapping on Citra for MH games?

Camera management will be frustating. Won't be much of a problem in low rank but as encounters get hectic or you have to fight on slanted terrain (Volcanic Hollow, for example) the camera will get in you way. A controller is highly recommendable, imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom