Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aggressive, Racist, Courageous (Expeditions: Conquistador)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
does that mean isabela has become a men

Endemic

Arcane
I would guess some torture\rape happened before you got there. The latter would be a bit of dramatic irony given how Isabela came to exist in the first place.

boot

Prophet

TNfES4C.jpg

We come across a dying Spaniard and swear to avenge him. His killers are likely to be found somewhere to the east, the direction we were already moving in.

gTryPYA.jpg

they aren't far, we pass a Tactics check and move to ambush them. I underlined a portion of the dialogue because while two of the enemy are supposed to be killed at the start of the battle, when we actually fight they will all be on their feet. I mentioned this before, but it worked properly in earlier versions.

hVpgumO.jpg

My force is split in half for the ambush (that doesn't work correctly for whatever reason)

Ruiz moves to the south, he's going to hold off two of the enemy on his own, while the other troops cut through the remaining enemies as fast as possible. They are mostly Recruits with only a handful of man-at-arms ranked guys.

MegdTmD.jpg

AqSUiLA.jpg

Ruiz got beat up pretty bad but he's gonna use Flawless Defense and stick it out for another turn, he will need some relief soon, though.

kQ7K60C.jpg

XxGdFlK.jpg

Lopez blows another enemy away, clearing a path for Pedro Alvarado to patch up Ruiz.

UqPRZh1.jpg

Sort of bungle the end here. I forget to set up certain flank attacks and we take more hits then we should've but enemy is beaten.

x900tOU.jpg

g4S7cal.jpg

Our fellow Spaniard is avenged. We continue EAST and arrive 3 days later at the village called Higuey.

SSErs1s.jpg

g9VUCoo.jpg

We eavesdrop on the marauding rebels for some time, delaying our attack to see if they'll say anything useful, but they don't do much more than chatter.

8D90Kc1.jpg

Our more racially aware men have no interest in avenging the lives of short brown people, but there is no loot and no exp in walking away from a fight, and as Pedro Alvarado says, if we kill them now we won't have to face them later (I don't know if you do end up facing them later if spared here, though, but it makes sense!)

KKXUCZw.jpg

The battlefield is foggy and our routes of approach are narrow. The enemy is made up of soldiers and hunters, and they're spread out over the map's edge. I took a lot of screenshots pressing the wrong button so we're missing a lot of screenshots for this fight men hehe.

z9dBaAP.jpg

Our men take cover in a smoke screen, but Pedro still manages to get shot. The enemy all moved closer to thread those shots through the ranks at him, though, and most are within melee range now.

1MSxgYv.jpg

I send Quintero to take out a lone hunter, the rest of the men will overwhelm incoming melee attackers and tie up one of the hunters.

VIOmKa3.jpg

Pedro is still getting shot, but that hunter is the last of the enemy's free ranged units. We'll shut him down on our next turn.

fyiDqEj.jpg

Quintero finishes his man and moves around to flank.

QfO9oYa.jpg

Rest go down easy.

R5kqqLO.jpg

C91LoCt.jpg

That's that. We'll chart the rest of the eastern half of Hispaniola as we move toward Santo Domingo.

dArwAfD.jpg

We encounter a patrol as we make our way through the eastern jungles.

NPlOZKO.jpg

We pass a tactics check and go into battle.

40QohlQ.jpg

Perhaps because we passed the tactics check, we face only 4 enemies here, all low ranked and poorly equipped.

Easy fight, just gotta watch out for spike traps. All approaches to the enemy are full of spike traps, which do at least 50pts of damage to any unit who steps on them.

XJ1be4d.jpg

We let most of the enemy come to us and avoid the traps.

GBZG8nl.jpg

It's an easy win.

DLOlXyG.jpg

StzdnYo.jpg

Not far from the last encounter we stumble upon a village.

qbu4NJt.jpg

of3ZD5M.jpg

We are not wanted here at all. Some of our men take offense and want to loot the place, Aragones gives voice for the soft hearted expedition members who would turn down plunder and exp for feelings, so they could roleplay as heroes or something.

We will probably never do anything Aragones suggests, ever. Village will be pillaged.

ymThk8E.jpg

The enemy can only field 6 real fighters, and most of their melee are I think scripted to attempt to flank around this rock formation near our starting position. Their AI is very ineffective here, anyway.

z2pqL7c.jpg

We cut them down quite effortlessly. We're steamrolling through these fights because our men are very well equipped and decently experienced. The Hispaniola side-quest encounters were all designed to be won by fresh expeditions.

JNYX92L.jpg

To try and make us feel guilty or something, these last few enemies are totally helpless civilians that don't do anything but run away from you when you get close.

kJTPvcX.jpg

Does not work on us at all.

cjUbmHJ.jpg

Some crew members may have found our recent behavior problematic, but check out how much medicine we have. How many rations we have prepared. Our expedition is thriving now. We need this for Mexico.

XuWRINP.jpg

Nearing Santo Domingo now, finally have enough EXP to promote Quintero to SGT. I give him the Keen Eye skill (ignore 7 points of enemy's armor on every attack) but debated giving him Polearms. Polearms would be nice on Quintero to make some more kills he might not otherwise have made, but he really needs to shield for survivability. He's often targeted above our other units (aside from Pedro) as he goes ahead in more exposed positions wearing less armor than our soldiers.

Could've taken Relentless or Fortune's Favored too I guess.

EP9xaFj.jpg

Finally, we arrive at Santo Domingo 100 days since the start of our expedition.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What I like about this game is that it lets you play a roight propa murderous psychopath without being too preachy about it.

Also, "Mutt de la America Codexia" keeps getting laughs out of me all the time.

Endemic

Arcane
What I like about this game is that it lets you play a roight propa murderous psychopath without being too preachy about it.

Easy to dehumanize these people when you're from half a world away and can't speak their language (Isabela excepted). Although this does leave me wondering if diplomacy and trade aren't lucrative enough to be worth choosing.

boot

Prophet
I think we'll finish, just been playing other games. Want to finish Blackguards. Blackguards is not fun men

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
and there was no Isabel, she was a Spaniard too, and he was not an old man but a young one. And he loved the island, for them it was Eden. And they stayed and she had strong children, and when the slaves revolted and the Haitians came he did not believe it was possible, and he lived in a dream, and he threw away his sword in the spot that he died- they say it remains there to this day!- and he loved his faithful slave, his heart was his weakness and he always knew it. He loved her, he always loved her that was all that he knew he always loved her, and not one song was said for him, but this one.

13065688_1.jpg

THE END

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Easy to dehumanize these people when you're from half a world away and can't speak their language (Isabela excepted). Although this does leave me wondering if diplomacy and trade aren't lucrative enough to be worth choosing.

I played the game the cucked way, so full diplomacy and trade. Was very good, you stillg et enough combat for it to be fun.

boot

Prophet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom