Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
u9THTkN.jpg

Fz8I5ca.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To quote poets of the fall "Illusion and Dreams" lyric:

It doesn't solve a thing to dress it, in a pretty gown

and the chorus, perfect for this industry:
It's whatever makes you see Makes you believe And forget about the premonition you need to conceive The images they sell are Illusion and Dream In other words dishonesty

selkin

Liturgist
I don't think Bethesda realizes how sad and ironic this video is, as a DM-like voice as Alexa is the closest The Elder Scrolls got to be an RPG in many years.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...f-people-are-still-playing-skyrim-every-month

"Millions of people" are still playing Skyrim every month
Todd Howard on the many Skyrim ports: "If you want us to stop releasing it, stop buying it."

It may be easy to chuckle at Bethesda porting Skyrim to Alexa, but the set-up for the tongue-in-cheek release at E3 2018 has numbers behind it. According to the game's director Todd Howard, "millions of people every month" are still playing Skyrim.

This comes from a talk between Howard and Geoff Keighley at Gamelab in Barcelona attended by GamesIndustry.biz, during which Keighley led into a conversation about persistent game worlds and the ability to continuously play older games.

"Even now, the amount of people who play Skyrim seven years later; millions of people every month are playing that game," Howard replied. "That's why we keep releasing it. If you want us to stop releasing it, stop buying it."

For a slightly more specific look at Skyrim's continued popularity one need only look to Steam. Earlier today, Valve released a breakdown of games with the most simultaneous players in 2018 so far. Skyrim was included on the list, having had over 50,000 simultaneous players in 2018. And that's just at one moment on one platform sometime during the last six months for a single-player game released in November of 2011.

That continued, long-term success is good news for Howard, who emphasized his desire to see his gaming worlds remain sustainable in the long term.

"Every year there's a new idea we can't do, and a new technology for something that excites us," he said. "I'd say I want it to be sustainable. Eventually there will come a day where I'm not making games at Bethesda. Hopefully that's a long time away. But I want to make sure that who we are, what the worlds are, what the company is, that's sustainable far beyond me."

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Yeah, stop being filthy casuals, casuals. Degenerates. By the way, Skyrim is now on toasters. Please buy.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Rock Star have their own schtick, but yes, Bioware probably needs the loot. Activision kinda started it, with all those cods.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Requiem hasn't officially come out for this yet so rather than trust LL hacks to get the Legendary Edition version working with SSE, I'm going to install just a handful of mods for my playthrough, including Apocalypse, Ars Metallica, Morrowloot Ultimate, Ordinator, Simple Magic Rebalance and Summermyst. The idea of using one of those massive jabberjack (or whatever the fuck it's called) modpacks put together by mutants living in their parent's basements creeps me the fuck out.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
Requiem hasn't officially come out for this yet so rather than trust LL hacks to get the Legendary Edition version working with SSE, I'm going to install just a handful of mods for my playthrough, including Apocalypse, Ars Metallica, Morrowloot Ultimate, Ordinator, Simple Magic Rebalance and Summermyst. The idea of using one of those massive jabberjack (or whatever the fuck it's called) modpacks put together by mutants living in their parent's basements creeps me the fuck out.

LL requiem works fine for the record. The only problems are fairly minor stuff like the cell edits Req makes not being updated for SE's changes (most noticeably: water flow data, easily fixed by a misc fix on the nexus. But more annoying is requiem reverts some cells to what it thinks is "vanilla" which means some areas will have light coming from a source that isn't there because requiem changed it. I only noticed this in helgen cave tbh, where a torch/fire basin thing was removed. This is "fixed" by just using whatever SSE interior lighting change mod of choice after requiem. No idea what to do if you want to use vanilla lighting, which is actually really good in SE). But yeah maybe theres some other stuff that doesnt work too well but i havent seen any complaints.

You could give YASH a go alternatively. YASH effectively does what you'd otherwise need about 20 different mods to address and fundamentally changes skyrim in a way that I think is better suited to its jank, by making character skill matter more than player skill.

Im personally in the middle of attempting to build a modlist that maximally unfucks skyrim with as minimal mods as possible and more importantly as minimal autistic fuckingaround with different programs and editing as possible. Requiem was the centerpiece, but I'm thinking of switching out for YASH and some survival mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom