Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Generic-Giant-Spider

Even beyond the story of CV and things like Agent Smith Wesker, CV had some of the most atrocious backtracking and bland environments (probably due to going full 3D and not pre rendered). The first three RE games may not be long playthroughs, but CV overstays its welcome and don't even get me started on how you can accidentally fuck yourself and have to start the whole thing over from scratch or how the aiming felt really clunky. Coming from RE3, CV felt like a step back in every way except graphics.

If they redid CV, ground the plot a lot more, forget Steve exists entirely, have the game be about Chris/Claire/Claire's heart shaped ass only, make better environments and tackle gripes like having to go from one end of the galaxy to the other repeatedly as well as the capability to hard lock yourself from progressing. Also don't bring back Wesker at all and keep him dead. I actually like Matrix Wesker, but only in a way where you separate him from the RE franchise because he makes everything super goofy. It's better overall for the sanity of RE if he was just some backstabbing little bitch that got his back in RE1 and that was that.

The one positive about CV is that the knife was crafted by God and bestowed upon the player. That knife was a Dagger of No Bullshit +5. Maybe some people here think differently overall, but in terms of classic REs I think I may have played through CV like 2 times in total since it's such a slog.

Wunderbar

Arcane
and don't even get me started on how you can accidentally fuck yourself and have to start the whole thing over from scratch

the capability to hard lock yourself from progressing.
How does this happen?
there are multiple ways to soft-lock yourself by not having enough ammo to fight a boss and not being able to backtrack to find more.
Hard lock, dunno. Maybe it's something to do with dragonfly wings puzzle near the end.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I seem to remember with CV that you had to put Claire's weapons in the itembox at the exact right time or Chris would have barely any arsenal on his sections.

Then again, been ages since I played CV so I might be misremembering.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I seem to remember with CV that you had to put Claire's weapons in the itembox at the exact right time or Chris would have barely any arsenal on his sections.
Yep. The only time I played CV I couldn't finish it, because I couldn't beat the last boss without some good weapons.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Resident Evil Movie Reboot Reportedly Race-Swaps Jill Valentine With Hannah John-Kamen
April 30, 2020 Billy D
Resident-Evil-Reboot-Hannah-John-Kamen.jpg

While Centrists™ sit around yelling at everyone who hates SJWs, calling them “racists!” and “bigots!” and loudly trying to distract people from the overt Leftist agenda by proclaiming that “SJWs don’t exist!” or “there is no agenda!”, normal people are becoming increasingly fed up with the Left-wing, SJW agenda corrupting and deteriorating the integrity of what few brands that haven’t been tainted by the parasitic scourge. The most recent example of that is the movie reboot of Resident Evil, which has already begun casting main characters, one of whom will be the lovely Jill Valentine who will be lovely no more once Hannah John-Kamen steps into the role.

According to The Illuminerdi, they’re reporting that Hollywood scoop man Daniel Richtman has learned that Hannah John-Kamen has been offered the role of Jill Valentine by Screen Gems, which will supposedly be for a multi-picture deal as one of the leading characters in the films.

The article states…

“In the new Resident Evil reboot, Valentine is described as a small town girl that enjoys hunting with the guys. She is gorgeous yet tough, and she knows how to have a good time. If John-Kamen doesn’t lock in the role, they are keeping the casting open to all ethnicities, but they are focusing on casting an African-American with mixed heritage for the role. With all those factors in place for their casting search, it’s easy to see how John-Kamen got the contract opportunity.”

This is absolutely disgusting.

As if it wasn’t bad enough they recast Jill Valentine in Resident Evil 3: Remake with Sasha Zotova and made her look highly unattractive compared to Julia Voth’s rendition of the game character (as pictured in the main image above), now they’re going a step further into vomit-inducing territory by completely destroying the identity of the character from top to bottom.

There is nothing about Hannah John-Kamen that even remotely resembles Jill Valentine. Just look at the comparison between her and the perfectly cast Sienna Guillory, who played the fetching S.T.A.R.S., member in Paul W.S. Anderson’s movies.

mOFBokR.png

John-Kamen’s only notable role thus far has been in Ant-Man & The Wasp as the poorly conceived villain known as Ghost.

Now Guillory’s being replaced by yet another halfie who looks like they were plucked straight from a sun-melted Henry & David boxed bundle of chocolates, stripping away the quality from yet another classic franchise for no other purpose than to brainwash people into accepting something they hate.

Moreover, Hannah John-Kamen will absolutely stand out in the worst of ways since most of the other cast members actually seem to resemble their in-game counterparts to some degree; with HN Entertainment reporting that Brenton Thwaites from CW’s Titans will play Chris Redfield, Kaya Scodelario from The Maze Runner will don the role of Claire Redfield, and Harris Dickinson is rumored to play Leon Kennedy.

Let’s hope that the casting isn’t final and they select a more worthy actress for Jill Valentine, because otherwise I’m already writing this movie off and will ardently look forward to adding the Resident Evil reboot to the ever-growing Get Woke, Go Broke Master List.

(Thanks for the news tip WhiteGuitarBoy)

Wunderbar

Arcane
I like the actress, but they should just make a new character.
Like Paul Anderson did in the first film lol.

Terra

Cipher
Shocking news! With so many cut corners, missing areas from the original and a woeful, transparent implementation of Nemesis, who could have foreseen this outcome once word got around? Maybe next time don't rush a quick cash-in out trying to capitalise on the prior game's success. Fucking Mr.X is a better realization of Nemesis ffs.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yeah pretty much that.
I have no problems with more linear games, because that means devs have a better control over the pacing, which makes it easier to keep things fresh and snappy. But they did screw the pooch badly with this one.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Quite disappointed overall with Nemesis. They really shit on things and just did it in a way that I wasn't pleased with overall.

Nicolai as well was a wasted character when compared to RE3. Hell, they even turned him into a monster of a soldier and killer in other RE spinoff games.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I still like and enjoy REmake 3 for what it is, but there's no doubt that it could have been a lot more. When I play it I feel constantly the sensation that it was rushed, it needed more development time to fix some things and add other elements. I did 100% achievements on Steam, and it wasn't half as fun that it was doing all the achievements of REmake 2. It is a fundamentally less replayable game than the one we received the last year just because how the game is designed, it has nothing to do with content.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Womp.

DCpclQ4.jpg

I don't know about others, but the short playtime made me put it in my "wait for a $20 sale" bin.
Serves them good. Capcom became greedy and lazy, so they outsourced the game to a Malaysian studio instead of putting effort into it, like with RE2. They deserve the middling sales.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
RE3 was definitely enjoyable, it felt alot like RE2, more actionry ofc, like the original RE3.

Still RE3 felt way too short, and could have used alot more areas, weapons, well monsters, just an expanded story with different playthroughs n shit.

It felt like some parts were cut out too obviously, and some parts were undercooked.

As a comparison to RE2, RE3 is definitely alot weaker, but it's still a fun and good game for what we got, it just needed more time to expand into a bigger game.

The foundation was solid. the combat felt great, and yes nemesis felt abit on rails, but nontheless great when you encountered him, especially on the hardest difficulty.

Drakortha

Liturgist
RE3 was definitely enjoyable, it felt alot like RE2, more actionry ofc, like the original RE3.

Still RE3 felt way too short, and could have used alot more areas, weapons, well monsters, just an expanded story with different playthroughs n shit.

It felt like some parts were cut out too obviously, and some parts were undercooked.

As a comparison to RE2, RE3 is definitely alot weaker, but it's still a fun and good game for what we got, it just needed more time to expand into a bigger game.

The foundation was solid. the combat felt great, and yes nemesis felt abit on rails, but nontheless great when you encountered him, especially on the hardest difficulty.

Nope, it was a pile of irredeemable shit. They watered down or completely cut out all the best segments from the original game, and they even cut out the gore from the RE2 remake, which was about half of what made that game decent enough to play. All that's left is a string of on-rails segments held together by a few cutscenes. It's RE6 masquerading as RE3.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The reason why RE3 remake is shit is because people uncritically praised the predecessor, RE2 remake, without noticing the inherent issues and decline with respect the original Resident Evil trilogy. RE3 remake is the natural evolution of the RE2 remake, no more no less. The same happened after RE4, it was praised by everyone and hence RE5 and RE6 were the result.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom