Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Too bad we don't still have an active guild.

sser

Arcane
Developer
upload_2020-8-2_17-2-0.png

Is this thing supposed to take forever to download?

edit: four hours later, done

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
sser Delterius Helton All content is free till August 31, including expansions. You can get all adventure packs in the game with the coupon code DDOFREEQUESTS till August 31. Also the first two expansions, Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy, are only 99points in the DDO Store. You can earn enough points to buy both just by grinding some favor in the game. You can find more details in my signature.

Codex Year of the Donut
tried to buy VIP, my bank flagged it as an unauthorized purchase, been waiting since saturday to be able to unfreeze it
holy shit i hate modern banking
:argh:

hilarious part is that it's the same fucking company that owns LOTRO and they had zero issue with purchases on that

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw can i upgrade to premium using steam? I'm playing on my steam account reserved for ftp shit and i have some cash hanging there for years from buying chest upgrades for PoE.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Reinhardt For some reason the steam page doesn't have the latest two expansions, Ravenloft and Masterminds of Sharn. It just has Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy. If it had the latest ones you could use your cash to upgrade to premium by buying one of the new expansions.
I'd ask on the DDO forums what the heck is going on with steam there.

Codex Year of the Donut
Any purchase on Steam should actually upgrade you to Premium, but the starter pack incorrectly doesn't. You have to contact support if you buy that.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/206480/discussions/0/1698300679769193295/

Reinhardt For some reason the steam page doesn't have the latest two expansions, Ravenloft and Masterminds of Sharn. It just has Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy. If it had the latest ones you could use your cash to upgrade to premium by buying one of the new expansions.
I'd ask on the DDO forums what the heck is going on with steam there.
If they had gametime on steam I'd be VIP right now. Still waiting to be allowed to use my own damn money :argh:

Lhynn

Arcane
Pretty much. Its retarded though, the volume of sales they would get would offset any loss.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
If you launch the game via Steam the DDO store can use Steam as a payment processor.

Reinhardt That's good news for you. You should spend your cash on Epic Destinies for when you get past level 20 and into epics. That will upgrade you to premium. Then you can wait until Black Friday to get Ravenloft or Sharn Expansions and just buy stuff like shared bank space when it goes on sale.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I just want premium to not bother with money limit after reincarnation.

Lhynn

Arcane
So i was playing in Sarlona last night, doing the third chain in barovia with a group of people. Leading it was a shitty old man that kept ranting about crap, i havent laughed like this in a while. Dude is gold, its like if Mr Plinkett came to life. Slow and a bad player with a lot of disposable income, but great to have on your team.

Im getting fed up of my ranger, running high reapers as a tempest and it just keeps dying from a sneeze, worst thing is that its a melee class, so i spend most of my time kiting and not doing damage, its unfun.

Lhynn

Arcane
Im waiting to see if the upcoming expansion solves theses issues. Hopefully it does. But yeah, getting hit by 11k damage, its not something most characters can take. So either you play ranged and not get hit or you play a really tanky melee.

Reinhardt

Arcane
"It looks like the Payment System is unavailable in your region. Please contact our customer support to report the problem"

:argh:

Reinhardt

Arcane
My paladin died first time to monsters. Ran "into the mists" on reaper 3 just so travelling to barovia wouldn't be so wasteful. Wolf pack had 2 champions and reaper and then i aggroed another pack...

Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone on Thelanis want to do cannith challenges for stars? I want to unlock artificer and these are really difficult to do solo for stars.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just found out that various lore skills(arcane, religious, nature, etc.,) are implemented and there are dialogue options/skill checks only available when you have it.
:M

Codex Year of the Donut
Heavily recommend doing A Study in Sable when you guys can, level 26 epic quest in Eveningstar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom