Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline How will RPGCodex compete with /vrpg/?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Online discussions aren't the same with complete anonimity. I believe that's the reason websites like Codex still exist post 2008.

Besides, knowing 4chan, /vrpg/ will devolve into a hentai board in less than a month

It's already devolving into something worse...
yiET5Ph.jpg
Hell, any thread there concerning Avellone, Age of Decadence or Underrail is probably started by some codexer anyways. /vrpg is like a retardoland where people go willingly.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Something about being anonymous makes people just say edgy boring jokes for the sake of it instead of actually contributing. Also everyone will contradict themselves and play a character whenever they want to because they can't be held accountable to their horrible opinions. 4chan is horrible. I'll stick around here.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Dumbfuck!
dumbfuck.gif

village_idiot.gif

Just sayin'.
Imagine shit talking people for their tags while being a mod with the ability to give them. You gave me at least one of these, I know it. You're using the tag you gave me previously as proof that your current opinion of me is correct. Sounds to me like you're abusing your power as mod to help your standing on the forum. Mods should be held accountable

Also the other tag was given to me by Infinitron for saying rtwp is better than TB so it doesn't actually mean anything either. Another example of a mod abusing their power as tag give to further their own agenda.

I'm still waiting on one of you to take these away though. Mind expediting the process a bit?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How will RPGCodex compete with /vrpg/?

Do they have the biggest RPG avatar gallery on the net? Thought so.

Also, it is stupid to post as complete anons when talking about games. You have no idea who you're talking to and whether you talked before.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If we talk about /vrpg/ will 12-year-olds try to look up our steam profiles again like /v/ did on deadchan?

Regardless, I hope they've asked the all important question at least 50 or 60 times by now:

What is an RPG?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Dumbfuck!
dumbfuck.gif

village_idiot.gif

Just sayin'.
Imagine shit talking people for their tags while being a mod with the ability to give them. You gave me at least one of these, I know it. You're using the tag you gave me previously as proof that your current opinion of me is correct. Sounds to me like you're abusing your power as mod to help your standing on the forum. Mods should be held accountable

Also the other tag was given to me by Infinitron for saying rtwp is better than TB so it doesn't actually mean anything either. Another example of a mod abusing their power as tag give to further their own agenda.

I'm still waiting on one of you to take these away though. Mind expediting the process a bit?

giphy.gif

OWNED EPIC STYLE BY ZOOMER AHAHAHAH
fucking rekt bitch
maxresdefault.jpg

eat a dick cripsy

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
No need to worry my friend.

The presence of a competitor will force rpgcodex to improve their services, which will be good for us.

Besides, This place is already chock full of 4channers and /pol/acks.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Imageboards are a dead format tbh, although forums are too to some extent. Last time I seriously visited 4chan was back when moot was still around, only a short visit to /lit/ some years ago broke my abstinence and that was an exercise in frustration due to the platform being a poor vessel for my interests and not conductive to any exchange of ideas. These days it's just pure cancer and I don't know how anyone can stand it besides nostalgic old geezers that should have moved on long ago and kids who don't know any better. I seriously hope none of you are regulars there in 2020.
Do they have the biggest RPG avatar gallery on the net? Thought so.
All these avatars and none that I feel comfortable with using, none that I consider both aesthetically pleasing and fitting. I miss the brief period when we had custom avatars.

Jinn

Arcane
Hopefully all the underage faggots will now stick to that shithole instead of feeling the need to come here. This is the kind of person that comes from 4chan. They're not sending their best people.

Yeah, when I first checked the front page of the codex today, I was met with this wall of cringe. If this ever became the norm around here, I don't think I could stomach it.

Luckily we're still safe from such bottom-of-the-internet-barrel behavior here. Thanks to Infinitron (I think) for taking the necessary swift prosperization measures today.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Hopefully all the underage faggots will now stick to that shithole instead of feeling the need to come here. This is the kind of person that comes from 4chan. They're not sending their best people.

Yeah, when I first checked the front page of the codex today, I was met with this wall of cringe. If this ever became the norm around here, I don't think I could stomach it.

Luckily we're still safe from such bottom-of-the-internet-barrel behavior here. Thanks to Infinitron (I think) for taking the necessary swift prosperization measures today.

I found his stick fun, though probably not for too long

Jinn

Arcane
I found his stick fun, though probably not for too long

It's not really a shtick. That's just how they communicate on the internet (IE 4chan). It's not cute, fun, funny, or anything in between. It's terrible and a degradation of communication.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted

Too late for that, far too late...

Jinn

Arcane
They are? now I feel old

I mean, this is a pretty extreme case, but the general notion remains. Use of "anon" for addressing everyone is a particularly idiotic thing to do on a message board where people have usernames.

And yeah, me too man.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Seriously speaking,

For a forum that supposedly serves as a bulwark for rationality and quality in RPGs,

There is a severe lack of incentives to attract such people that might champion such ideals.

And, no, the 'free for all' principle in which this forum adapts and extends to its members is not good enough.

Of course, Not everyone needs to be the in same caliber as bubbles, roxor, crooked bee, etc...

If you ask me, you just need a few to counter the deluge of rot and inanity coming from outside.

Instead you'll just get new users like those 4channers and me who are insipid, dull, and cringeworthy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom