Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
why are you all so triggered?
I sympathize with your plight as a fellow preorderfag, but it's still a disgusting habit (and Bloodlines 2 will most likely turn out to be shit).
brd6bdi.png

t. yours truly back in May

this will probably be my next purchase :)

Avarize

Magister
As I've said, I can't wait to find out how these people handle mental illness in the age of "neuro-atypicals". If you thought fishmalks were bad...

I can just imagine how the designer(s) originally went for a typical lunatic look, something akin to a bag-man/lady, but the higher-ups shot the idea down in fear of someone becoming offended at the signs of mental illness, the unkempt appearance, the wandering gazes and signs of self-mutilation from the past days of life.

So now we have a costume shop manikin instead.
"A major issue for many plurals is the tendency to doubt their own reality and existence, in addition to dealing with the skepticism of singlets around them. The stigma of being seen by some as mentally ill can be very disturbing and harmful to plurals, often causing them to hide their plurality from the world. A lot of groups work hard to seem like singlets in order to avoid being viewed as crazy or attention-seeking. Few systems are out as plural to everyone they know. Many times the pressure to be a singlet results in plurals doubting their own sanity or the existence of the people in their group, which can result in all sorts of practical problems."

This is a current day take on dissociative identity disorder. Apparently being insane is just another identity among others in the sea of intersectionality.

Last edited:

Longes

Augur
As I've said, I can't wait to find out how these people handle mental illness in the age of "neuro-atypicals". If you thought fishmalks were bad...

I can just imagine how the designer(s) originally went for a typical lunatic look, something akin to a bag-man/lady, but the higher-ups shot the idea down in fear of someone becoming offended at the signs of mental illness, the unkempt appearance, the wandering gazes and signs of self-mutilation from the past days of life.

"A major issue for many plurals is the tendency to doubt their own reality and existence, in addition to dealing with the skepticism of singlets around them. The stigma of being seen by some as mentally ill can be very disturbing and harmful to plurals, often causing them to hide their plurality from the world. A lot of groups work hard to seem like singlets in order to avoid being viewed as crazy or attention-seeking. Few systems are out as plural to everyone they know. Many times the pressure to be a singlet results in plurals doubting their own sanity or the existence of the people in their group, which can result in all sorts of practical problems."

This is a current day take on dissociative identity disorder. Apparently being insane is just another identity among others in the sea of intersectionality.
Let's not mix up people with DID with the tumblrites who identify as a swarm of nonbinary attack helicopters. This is highly offensive, sir!

Avarize

Magister

Let's not mix up people with DID with the tumblrites who identify as a swarm of nonbinary attack helicopters. This is highly offensive, sir!
But the tumblrites are what the person with DID will find if they try to seek support online.

Bloodlines 2 Malkavians will have more in common with Toreador than the old malks.

Saerain

Augur
Patron

Are Malkavians supposed to be necessarily schizophrenic or a variety of mental illnesses? I always thought it was the latter although schizophrenia is always most interesting.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Are Malkavians supposed to be necessarily schizophrenic or a variety of mental illnesses? I always thought it was the latter although schizophrenia is always most interesting.

It can be whatever mental illness you can think of. There's a Malkavian who is hardcore delusional about being a vampire.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
there's two "story packs" and an expansion. I assume the story packs will just be quest packs maybe tied together while the expansion is just that..

My point is that the way the blood moon edition is worded ("one" expansion), it implies that there will be more and since they already have plans for a single expansion it makes me think that instead of making the game as a single unit to sell, they have already decided to split the game into multiple parts and sell each one separately.

It's kind of disingenuous to think Paradox is going to treat a game like Bloodlines like their grand strategy titles...

Why? They already have non-strategy games with several DLCs that are continuations of the story and they explicitly show plans for doing exactly that with VtMB2's editions.

Of course i'd like it if the blood moon edition was the "absolutely complete final edition that will ever happen" (so you pay that and you get the entire thing, even if the later parts come as DLCs for others later), but there isn't much of a guarantee for that.

Buying a game before its been released for a year is either philanthropy or foolishness. It'sbeen that way since at least 2008. If you don't have a backlog that can endure though that period, at minimum, you need to evaluate your life choices.

Semiurge

Cipher
Bloodlines 2 Malkavians will have more in common with Toreador than the old malks.

I would have pegged Damp as a toreador because of that and because he wears a rose on his suit. I figured that he kills people on his shitlist because he wants to make a statement, like a homicidal artist who kills for passion of carnage. That would've been more unpredictable and interesting than another foppish malkavian serial killer which no doubt is a popular choice for the p&p version.

Last edited:

Namesake

Novice
Every time I think of this game all I can think of is the development hell it must be going through right now. I bet they're playing an 80% near completed build and wondering what the fuck they've wasted years of development time on. A game like this really only comes together at the end and only through being completely honest with feedback and passionately pushing really hard - can you really see Seattle's finest sticking that landing?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Covid is a plausible excuse to delay to 2021 if they have to. CK3 is coming out soon, a good game for lockdowns, so Paradox should do okay in the meantime.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I bet they're playing an 80% near completed build and wondering what the fuck they've wasted years of development time on.
You're very generous about their mental abilities.

The mess of a combat and cringe worthy animations that they showed in the trailer was the final nail in the coffin for me. As far as I'm concerned, they're genuine retards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom