Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Formula Fusion

Astral Rag

Arcane

Formula Fusion is a near-future anti-gravity racing game that brings fast, frantic, adrenaline-fuelled racing together with the raw sound of a thumping dance soundtrack and psychedelic visual effects. Set in the dystopian year of 2075 in the redeveloped ruins of New York State, Formula Fusion’s stunning atmospheric environments complement the dirty-urban visual design of The Designers Republic that truly set the stage for the Formula Fusion W.A.R Leagues – a dog-eat-dog racing competition born on the back of F1 racing.

Begin your career, upgrade your craft, advance through the classes, and earn your place as champion.

*Coming soon to PC Windows! - Mac OS, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita Stretch Goals!
*Features 21 tracks across seven stunningly themed environments plus a final battle arena, 'Main Stadium'
*Single-player, multiplayer, split-screen and competitive esports
*Custom music, skin creator and team builder.
*Immersive soundtrack featuring Dub FX, CoLD SToRAGE and to-be-announced artists.
*No pay-to-win or subscriptions.
*Real world sponsors, plus a rich in-game universe created by The Designers Republic and VFX/Concept Artist Cenay Oekman (credited on titles such as Guardians of the Galaxy and Inception).

7635ba_36ed738647e345598d5781969b774de2.jpg_srb_p_1660_392_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

4277ebf74d67ed03325557d983870a76_original.jpg

a9ff589604bfd5fb5be11b14b5cf6407_original.jpg

c4ca68d172199366a26b07ac00162ed0_original.png

4133f13c27d4ebb067cac9ea2763b912_original.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game
http://www.r8games.com/

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Huh... How'd this pass me by? I liked the original for the aesthetics and sound track. Not sure if it holds up today, as the actual racing was a bit bleh. Hope there'll be a demo to try out.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Wow! Together with Distance

and Power Drive 2000

It seems futuristic racing games are trending again!

Edit: And I love it!

darthaegis

Cipher
YES! Loved Wipeout HD and the ones on the PSP, which were the only ones I played. Are the older ones worth playing?

:necro:

this game is retarded. it's built like a cell phone money-eating machine. you try the first race and are humiliated. you try the second and are DISINTEGRATED by how fast the opponents are. then you go back to the first track and lose and lose and lose and lose and lose until you can afford all the best upgrades, mount them and breeze through all the other races. then you go to the faster class and repeat the process.
idiotic.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Formula Fusion feels like it's still an early access game. It needs a lot of work to be a decent Wipeout clone (and it's supposed some sort of next generation Wipeout spiritual succesor game). There's a chasm between this and Wipeout HD. Weapons are shit, it's unbalanced with the whole shield recharge powerups (especially visible in the endurance and elimination events), there's the problem with it being too easy once you upgrade your ship (but I havent played through all speed classes yet), it generally feels boring and underwhelming. Even the soundtrack is kind of "meh", it's ok I guess but doesn't knock your head off like Wiepout.
If you're looking for a good future racer for PC look into Redout, not as good as Wipeout but much better than Formula Fusion.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom