Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's succeed at RimWorld!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What a mess, I can hardly keep up. Oh, and I'm snorting Yayo now? That's a bit more in line with the previous incarnations of my character.. :lol:

Johannes

Arcane
Everyone's snorting yayo if their mood gets low. Except me of course, because it's unhealthy. Johannes the teetotaler.

Johannes

Arcane
How many addicts do we have?
Nobody's addicted yet, just small tolerance starting to build up on some. Mostly I don't have it prescribed for a period, just assign some when somebody's feeling down or they need to work some overtime. And the people with "chemical fascination/interest" perk sometimes use on their own accord. But only yayo, since the other drugs are forbidden, and that stops them from using them as far as I see. So no slowdown of work from guys getting stoned.

Did another session, but no screenshots this time... Somehow the screenshot function of the game/steam wasnt working, I just kept pressing the f10 to screenshot but nothing came out. I did notice this at the end of the session that there wasnt the usual ping when I press it.

So what happened? When I start up the game Tindrli is already having another gourmand mood, not sure how that's possible when he already had one on the same damn day. He already had the "was imprisoned" mood malus from the first incident of the day, so little reason not to put him there for a moment again, to get him into his senses. Then he finally processes the last of the human corpses, now it'll take just a few days for the mood downer from that to go away from him and everyone else.

Demo.graph used the crafting neurotrainer we bought from the exotic trader, since he was low skilled but passionate on the subject. His skill went like 5/20 -> 12/20 iirc. So another pair of hands to turn all the leather into more valuable trade goods. There's not only all the human leather, but all the animal leather too, including the thrumbos... I don't want to butcher the bigger animals yet, a lot just sit in the fridge, since we've got plenty of meat and leather for the time being - and a big animal corpse takes 1 square of space, where the butchered goods would take much more space, like 7 for thrumbo I think.

Started construction on a new sleeping quarters, built of stone now, to phase out some of the wooden ones. Since wood is weak and burns easily, that makes the base sturdier. Thinking I'll just raze some old wooden buildings to the ground soon, then can also grow crops there right next to the freezer, once the growing season starts again.

And sent Azira on a trading mission by drop pod, to the farthest of the three friendly outlander settlements semi-near us. From there he will walk home, and visit all of them on the way. The pod was packed with him, clothes (alot of them from human leather), flake, and some food. Forgot to give him a sleeping bag as always. In the first settlement there was some more of those one-use items - insanity lance, shock lance, psychic soothing pulser, animal frenzy pulser, triple rocket launcher. Got those, and an implant that boosts research speed, some psykast trainers, and 1600 silver. Unfortunately there was no pack animal available to buy, so he will travel somewhat slowly. Would've skipped the psykasts otherwise, since theyre useless until our casters are higher level, but had to trade for lighter goods somehow, to make the caravan able to move - unfortunately there was no pack animal available to buy there.
Azira is there all alone, incapable of combat, but if he's attacked we can send help there via drop pod.

Johannes

Arcane
And the end is getting close.

This old structure has lived its time, the quest timer ran out. No more consequences for deconstructing it, so that's what I'll do to reuse the resources elsewhere.
hXMVxVm.jpg

And some beer wort falls down from the skies, from some spaceship or some shit.
lDRm7HL.jpg

Our guest from the empire is meditating hard in this ugly ass storageroom, because there's a statue there - that black thing under one of the kibble stacks
bO4dNJG.jpg

And a new construction quest is offered naturally. I'll accept it when it's close to finishing, so the next guy has the maximum amount of time to build it. Rewards will be the the orbital beam targeter, of course. Also visible the new fancy barracks room under construction.
FdHWR6b.jpg

SmartCheetah starts an insulting spree for having to work overtime. Should've had another line of yayo before it came to this, or should've gone to bed, but in any case he's gonna get arrested. Better that he gets a little bit of a mood malus, than that everyone else gets that.
MTVuynq.jpg

9Ed5zeZ.jpg

SZ9scVn.jpg

The ambrosia sprout is running to its finish, as all plants have a certain max age after which they start losing hp and die. I tried to get a final harvest off, but I think I was too late.
JSbYGYc.jpg

Tindrli tries to domesticate a warg, but that doesn't go so well - the beast turns hostile
hEGGbU7.jpg

But for cases like this you take your trusty horse with you to hunt and tame animals.
b6HoVJy.jpg

ra091rc.jpg

On the way back he gets on an alcohol binge. Ok, whatever, we have one (1) bottle of beer. He can have that. Though the "binge" lasts a decent amount of time, he's not productive and here, just drank more milk than beer.
ggIQ72F.jpg

And another insulting spree from SmartCheetah... He gets the same treatment again. You can see his mood is going up a lot since he just took yayo a moment ago, but his mood hadnt gone up enough from it yet to make him happy. When the mood bar is below the thresholds there, you risk foul moods. And the bar slowly goes towards the arrow's spot, and the arrow's spot is determined by the stuff listed below.
1rUtM45.jpg

Why is it so bloody in here?
ixQjthz.jpg

And of course, It's because the warg did scratch Tindrli and he wouldn't get treatment since he focused on the binge drinking instead (though he hasn't even touched the singular bottle at this point.

Later his wound infects, but he comes through it with no problems.)

Then an invasion of nasty capybaras
cUg8kCQ.jpg

And our backdoor is open due to it getting mined for the steel. Better close it fast!

Wev, about building that wall fast enough...

cspXSl3.jpg

They then circle around, snooping at doors, stopping here and there until they finally come to the deathbox fortification entrance. Then they aren't that tight of a pack anymore either.

pSsUz6G.jpg

Traps

Q8UbYzU.jpg

And then they run to the fire. One of the remaining rent soldiers gets hurt, but we've done with the human butchering for now so best to just patch him up
K2uJT3C.jpg

A silver meteor from the skies falls down:
jH9EX7G.jpg

And Azira has reached the 2nd town. We send him some more trade goods to barter with. Can't be assed to launch the full capacity of the pod, since it takes ages to load, just get it off now with this load - more clothes, chemfuel, meat since we have a huge surplus, and of course the forgotten sleeping bag.
C2ZkgnP.jpg

MbhPnDJ.jpg

I request also a caravan from them. Since trading increases goodwill, and we're almost at the max, better use it up so we can make it rise again, a bulk goods caravan is requested
f9MmuYR.jpg

From there, we find a super rare archotech eye, being the most noteworthy thing. And 2 alpacas to help with the carrying. Then some more components, rocket launcher, basic stuff. And a lot of silver made too.

First boomalope taming, these things you can milk chemfuel out of, and they explode when they die. Very nice but potentially very destructive.

08dhx1G.jpg

Sending Comtesse after this mission with the pod now. Also including other wares to sell to the barbarians.
qC41YtG.jpg

gG2Dl6j.jpg

Then got our reward, the recon armor and neurotrainer, what else is there then?
PxLVE4V.jpg

A lot of silver at least, sell the meat, drugs and clothes mostly for just money. And more one-use lances!

Then one project is to inspect the other ancient crypt, that hasn't been opened yet.
Preparations started a bit earlier here as you can see from the clock. The walls are reinforced to be double thick, to be harder to breach. And a powerline has been drawn in the bottom part of the crypt:
Rc0ys0f.jpg

And now a day later, the walls have been made ready and it's time to execute the plan.

xKsXowb.jpg

4wgVmsI.jpg

QYhwHYS.jpg
s4N58v7.jpg

v1AfuFh.jpg

bEQ9TZa.jpg

So the idea was: get the temperature in the room to a very dangerous high, then shoot open one of the caskets, which causes them all to open. If there would be hostiles here, they'd then pass out as long as we keep them from breaching the walls. And people who pass out from heat never die directly, so they'd be guaranteed prisoners with potentially great armor, great bionics, and possibly even good stats. But that all was for naught, as it's just two corpses there and one incapacitated and bleeding artist. So in the last pic you see the wall being deconstructed in order to let the heat escape, then the fires can be safely put out and the Pope saved.

And see our new hospital, a bit barebones for now, but it's got a state-of-the-art hospital bed (though of only normal quality, for shame), a megascreen tv that we got as quest reward, and some random weapons lying around of course.

QEP2Eed.jpg

See that naked corpse there?
Annoyingly the corpses were also brought to the village, since they weren't forbidden (as most corpses are when they die) and there was still the stockpiles accepting human corpses. We don't want to butcher any more people for now, since it'd cause the same malus for the average person as the butchering spree we did earlier. Only for the butchers mood does it matter if one or ten people were butchered (and even the butcher doesn't make distinction between 10 and 100 corpses butchered, these people can't count further than that).

What could be done is doing a separate corpse freezer again, to save these corpses to a time when there again is an abundance of corpses. Human butchering should always be done on a mass scale in quick timeframes, so you minimize the time people are being salty about the act.

Also you can see I've made some new doors to go to the freezer, but am yet to remove the wooden walls that were in place to hold the heat out while the doors were being built.

And the prisoner quest that we had to protect from the yuge yet ineffective pirate raids, finally leaves. We again strip her before sending off, she's even got a hyperweave shirt. Somehow I thought she was gonna stay until early next month, but this works too I suppose. It gives me the suspicion, maybe deadlines to quests don't start from the time you accept them, but rather from when they were first proposed for you? Or I just remember the times wrong.
8Z7XuHU.jpg

And our quest rewards are sent to the wrong side of the wall.
1JSqsqh.jpg

And the bulk goods trader arrives. But, our best traders Azira and Comtesse are both away, will they wait until Comtesse returns or shall we make do with inferior rates?
xCLnhJo.jpg

When I check the goods available, I notice something surprising also - Johannes and some other fellas too, are ever so slightly malnourished! They're fed now, but haven't eaten well recently, so they still suffer some trivial malnutrition effects. I didn't notice at all before, there was something wrong with the nutrient paste dispenser I guess, no electricity or nobody filled it up, or something, it's a mystery. Since it's all functioning now and they've eaten since.
xMOmMX1.jpg

And the artist from the grave joins us when she comes to, probably really impressed by the megascreen. She wants to be called Falksi from now on. She's still on the edge though, better watch some more cartoons to calm down... Finally having a decent artist is great, it's been the job we've been missing all year, to our detriment - art really makes people happier when they look at it, when they own art in their bedroom, even helps them meditate! As we demolish the old wood structures to make way for sturdier stone buildings, she can turn the wood from the deconstruction to make sculptures.

6tjyslZ.jpg

That's all for now, only one more day to go!

Johannes

Arcane
And the final day. Sorry for taking so long, who's next?

Comtesse returns from the trading mission, just in time to trade with the caravan who are just about to leave.

hW8YdCd.jpg

Some meat, chemfuel, and clothes are sold, in exchange for steel and silver.
B6Z0MOC.jpg

And the other caravan too, basically similar goods. Also a pig is bought, we had a sow already but now there's a breeding pair. They can be trained to haul so they're decent animals.

rcDO552.jpg

No pictures of the trade menus now, but note the stuff on their feet that we bought

Then the day goes kinda as usual - I designate some growing zones for the coming spring on the outside of the wall, more deconstruction of old wooden housing, more crafting (SmartCheetah is on fire, several masterwork dusters made).

The end of the year report:

Whole base. SmartCheetah is cutting stone blocks, which is kinda bad, he should be crafting quality gear nonstop - either the bill ran out or there's no more textiles to use. Both are easily fixed though, we can get leather by just butchering some more animals - there's a bill to butcher endlessly, but the corpses in the fridge are forbidden for time being to save time and effort, to be butchered as needed.

The trade caravan on the right hand side is just in the process of leaving. ItsChon starting to sow the first seeds of the spring, and Johannes going for a final snack before bed. Falksi has been working hard though wounded, but heading to a hospital bed now. Tindrli is also still up, hunting out of the picture.

For construction, I recommend planting some plants in the spot freed up from the old wood buildings. Other wood buildings could likewise be taken down and either turned to fields, or turned to stone buildings. Then ofc whatever you fancy coming up for new projects, but guess that goes without saying.
AdOFFf2.jpg

Here you see the corpse storage, and also the animal training area. The training/shrearing area is to the left, on the right wall it's just beds for the hauler animals. In the training area you have animals who are to be trained, either in hauling or attacking. Or alpacas who are there just to be sheared. Some of the animals are starving a tiny amount though, but now I realize it's not just because the trainers are busy - there's no vegetarian feed available since the kibble's all been forbidden (why? to encourage the hauler animals, who can go anywhere, to eat wild grass instead of the stored kibble).
But un-forbid some of the kibble and have a training spree the next day, would be my tip to the next guy.
VOhmwEZ.jpg

Then there's this quest item, marker for a new monument. Can't forget about it or we will lose standing with the empire, and not get the royal favor reward. It'll be easier to build though, when the last monument is taken down, which is in 5 days, while this monument only needs to be done in like 15, iirc.
JkGuxLw.jpg

Everybody's eating paste and taking yayo if down. At least almost everyone.
FQjzUPq.jpg

Schedules, Most people have the same day routine. Then there's the night owls, and Tindrli and ValeVelKal are arranged to have some time in the bed together to keep them happy.
QTPAPbs.jpg

Work priorities, there's not that much rhyme or reason to it, I adjusted it on the go depending on what I wanted at any moment.

UF4j0u5.jpg

Then we have this one prisoner, a hideous but kind middle-aged woman. Was planning on having her join since we didn't have an artist, but now that Falksi joined she's not really necessary. Maybe sell her to the royal tribute collector when that comes. But remember to strip her first since she has some ok gear. Or recruit her, she could be an ok shot if you install her a new eye, and give her the shooting trainer we have.

Oh and that feeding room to the prison paste dispenser could use a cooler now, that it's getting warmer. I also like to keep the door forbidden most of the time, only unforbidding it when all the spots are empty, so that haulers don't carry small batches of food there constantly, but only when it's needed. Also a place to store the corpses would be nice, alternative is to carry them away a bit and destroy them with grenades or molotovs. But just leaving them around gives people a foul mood to see them like that.
B8oRALe.jpg

HWejyvD.jpg

uCMjnjM.jpg

And our killboxx entrance, littered with tainted clothes and disease-ridden capybara bodies from the manhunter pack. Also a shooting trainer and some silver lying around, though I designated such items to be carried to the new storage room. Nobody just carried them yet.
On the left there's the emergency prison, if there's a lot of wounded prisoners bleeding out we can carry them to there to be treated instead of the normal prison. A light there would be nice, to speed up the treatment speed in such time, but needs a power line to be drawn there also.

Doing something to all the junk there would be nice too, when there's time. Just carrying all the junk clothes and corpses to one corner and tossing a molotov there would clear them.

ctSrVBw.jpg

Azira's on the way home. The food counter is fortunately not accurate, since the alpacas with him should be able to start grazing just in a moment when they reach the temperate region. Shitton of good loot coming there. If Azira gets attacked, the shock lance can be used to stun them. Or if there's more than one guy, send help with the drop pod.
llkv4SK.jpg

Not sure what to do with this room, some kind of trap room for infestation insects? Though they've always spawned in the old crypt so far. But it's a threat that they spawn there nevertheless, eventually the batteries should be moved to a safe location and something done to make us able to handle an infestation there.

But that stonecutters table that's being built can be used to turn those sandstone chunks into blocks.
LZgHxVK.jpg

4,5 days to go and this shit can be demolished...
cjynkYE.jpg

And the wealth graph. I don't even know what caused that one huge jump in item wealth around day 72. The other big shifts at least are just caravans going and returning I think.
9jiCxIS.jpg

And you can build on mud after all, but only wooden wall on top of a wooden bridge. So it's brittle and expensive, but hey, now people can visit the grave without doing the huge roundabout. Full wall of stone to be completed still ofc, I wanted to enlarge the storage room but more stone blocks are needed first. I ordered some ruins to be demolished for their stone blocks though, that also annoy the anime tree, but that's still yet to be done, as there's stuff to deconstruct at base too.

vyDTvqN.jpg

And research situation. I recommend going for bionic parts (we've got a lot of limping people, and a shitton of advanced components), but it's still behind a few prequisites even when the multi-analyzer is done. So going for some smaller stuff first can make a lot of sense.
JhKyAa2.jpg

Also there's some silver to be mined here and there, if we run out of money. Damn nice meteorites.

4GiIxUn.jpg

95KYV2d.jpg

And the fields, which are yet to be sowed

Also in the workshop, the beer's ready quite soon. When it's ready, the job on the brewery should be unsuspended to turn the hops we have into more wort, which can then be stuffed to the barrels. If it's made into wort now, that goes bad too fast, and would have to be hauled to the freezer. Easier to only do the wort once the barrels are empty.
jLMXj2M.jpg

You notice something strange though? That shadow there...

Final new years gift from Randy:
1bHDoEI.jpg

So, who wants to take it on next?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
JWLO81F.png

My screen is way too small to look after so many animals :negative:.
I am so much out of my depth here

QOcscVg.png

So I start with JohannesRandy's parting gift. But I failed to count all the mechanoids that had dropped, which is going to have some consequences later on.

3h9MHdO.png

That lone mechanoid is quickly dealt by Demo.graph (who's already going back to bed in the picture above) and a passing trader, while Itschon hides in a corner.

7RiA22P.png

I then spot a scyther approaching the kill box

QnsyEqY.png

I sent our guest and activate the turrets, which result in a donkey getting shot (though it was already heavily wounded by the scyther), our guest getting sent to the infirmary and the scyther down.

wkPmVDO.png

Though our esteemed guest is only lightly wounded.

CsgeH5v.png

A second scyther gets in the killbox and get shot to pieces by the combined firepower of Comtesse, Demo.graph and the turrets, though not before destroying a turret.

WnQJS7R.png

And then not having counting all the mechanoids come bite me in the ass, because SmartCheetah has been shot and is in need of rescue.:rage:

sqrNfju.png

The lancer then start shooting the animals grazing there while I panic.

HAsAyxC.png

Itschon and Johannes charge at close range and shoot the lancer full of holes, while ValeVelkal rescue SmartCheetah.
:shredder:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
YOu killed muh donkey!!! :argh:

But just how many animals do we have?!?

Way too many. Or at least a lot, must be the result of systematically taming everything that come in sight.

But with all the stuff that's lying around (mostly tainted clothes and a bunch of corpses from the last manhunter pack), it's triggering an OCPD that I never knew I had, as in I can't fucking stand the sight of this mess! And want to burn down everything.

vazha

Arcane
Any sight of me? You know, devilishly handsome, irredeemably witty and tough as nails colonist?

Johannes

Arcane
YOu killed muh donkey!!! :argh:

But just how many animals do we have?!?
A lot. A lot were tamed, some were bought (iirc 2 dogs, 2 pigs, and the alpacas that are en route to home with Azira, have been bought). And a lot have been made through the power of intercourse. Some of the untrained ones could well be slaughtered to save on space, plants and so on, but there's already a fat pile of hunted corpses in the freezer. So might as well let them graze and breed. And train more of them to be useful even alive. But training takes time ofc. Could sell them, but I think they sell more for more after they've been processed to meat n dusters. But that takes time again, too.

Requesting more caravans from the friendly outlanders is very useful now that we're allies now, also. So can get some of that meat n dusters, or whatever else, converted into useful stuff. Like more rocket launchers, insanity lances, and bionics...

I just hope SmartCheetah will be fine, losing him would disrupt the duster pipeline a lot. But 6 hours until death, shouldn't be too hard to patch him up well in time.

The clutter is indeed terrible, but it seems there's always something more important to do... It's the same as in real life, would be nice to not have all these tainted clothes around but first I must post faster and troll harder.

baud

Arcane
Patron
Quick question for the thread: Saphire, a donkey bonded to Andjord, died on the field of battle, facing a mechanical horror to protect the colony (okay, got shot because I don't understand how the combat works). Should I try to give it a grave/sarcophagus, if time allows it? Otherwise it'll end up as nutrient paste.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I am back. Impressive development folks.

I updated the pawn list and whatnot. Haven't commented a lot but it is really great so far. I am not expecting some fun fun FAILING now :)

baud

Arcane
Patron
So I try to wrap my head around everything that's happening in the colony.
SlUbvwv.png

I realize that fat loot was lying outside and deteriorating because we had run out of stockpile place

2BfDkfB.png

Following Joahnnes' advice, I add a cooler to the prisoners' food storage.

ijAEoXp.png

A few more animals were set to be tamed. I cancel that so that Tindril goes to take care of the starving animals to be trained. And I also think we have enough of them at the moment.

njcTcB8.png

I also realized there's a nice, empty stone building that can be used as a crematorium, without having to build anything new. As you can see above, I've already started dropping tainted clothing there.

aFPYN1s.png

First in a series of mental breakdown, Comtesse start an insulting spree, but it seems that a forbidden door is enough to make her stop.

2czGnI1.png

A few moments later, the crematorium is mostly full, so Andnjord throws a molotov, I forbid the door and remove the building from the home area so that colonist don't try to put out the fire.

:evilcodex:
iY2kk3u.jpg

0itflf1.png

The temperature easily reach the hundreds of °C, reducing everything to ashes. But I have to wait afterward for a few moments before starting to load it again with all the tainted clothing (I hate clutter).

r9bYrVq.png

It's SmartCheetah's turn to break down, so I emprison him until he calm down. Though his spell in jail doesn't seem to improve his mood, I wonder why.
thinking.png

Being stuck in an ugly, dirty hospital doesn't help either. Our guest is unhappy too, so I try to improve it a little, by finishing the floor and adding sculptures (one from the barracks and one newly sculpted by Falski)

vgdZgOU.png

While exploring the map, I spot some silver that's been forgotten next to the crypt.

7ouuPjG.png

Since we've had a few brownout during that night, I add a pair of batteries.

gCHkUPo.png

I release the prisoner, I don't plan to hire her and that's one less mouth to feed (and I can shut down all prison electrical equipment).

aOYUIG5.png

At the end, I receive a quest to take care of a pair of prisoners. I'm thinking of accepting for the Goodwill with the Exodus Empire, mostly because accepting the favor would make Comtesse jump in the next nobility rank, which would cause her to ask for stuff like a bedroom, a throne room and food that's not paste.

Now the next step would be to start building individual bedrooms instead of the shared barracks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom