Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's very simple. They don't have a clue.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
What really pisses me off is the fact that they just have to re-proprose the simulationist, class-less and action point approach of the original X-Com, updating graphic and UI and write a barebone story for narrative purposes to please those who believed in Gollop (aka the backers goons like me) and would have been willing to invest in them again. In addition to this they could have had a potential new long-selling future classic in their hands, instead of this forgettable tragic travesty. Gollop should only be ashamed of himself, he managed to rape his own legacy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What really pisses me off is the fact that they just have to re-proprose the simulationist, class-less and action point approach of the original X-Com, updating graphic and UI and write a barebone story for narrative purposes to please those who believed in Gollop (aka the backers goons like me) and would have been willing to invest in them again. In addition to this they could have had a potential new long-selling future classic in their hands, instead of this forgettable tragic travesty. Gollop should only be ashamed of himself, he managed to rape his own legacy.
I think you are overestimating your importance.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
I think you are overestimating your importance.
Do you think the mass give a fuck about this "game"? They betrayed and lost their loyal audience (like me and the other backers) and gained no new one. As soon as the NuNuXCOM comes out this "game" will only be good for bundles, lowest tier of course.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Going onto Epic Games should have been a red flag because it shows a lack of confidence in their own product. Even a Gollop goo gobbler like myself could see that.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Shame really, they went from this gritty, dirty, hobo scavenging survivors fighting fkr scraps to generic power ranger shit. In addition to everything else that was changed PLUS the Epic shenanigans. Dont forget they pretty much said "Yeah we went to epic, you dont like it - too bad. We are rolling in dough and preorders and do not care".
People tend to remember that

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Also those short stories were pretty rad, they set up the stage for this desperate battle really well, then you boot up the game, watch the intro which is kinda meh, and then just jump in with your power rangers.
Sad!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They racked the cash, thanks to the original design, from the goons like me that backed in good faith and then use it to chase the NuXCOM train, and I suspect this was the plan from the start. Unfortunately they are still running.
Is it pozzed like NuCom is though?

The latest X-Com release looks like it's basically 'aliens and non-whites team up to kill white men'.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
They racked the cash, thanks to the original design, from the goons like me that backed in good faith and then use it to chase the NuXCOM train, and I suspect this was the plan from the start. Unfortunately they are still running.
Is it pozzed like NuCom is though?

The latest X-Com release looks like it's basically 'aliens and non-whites team up to kill white men'.
*XCOM.
Enforcer was the last X-Com.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find the story one of the better parts of the game, it has a certain melancholic feeling of doom & loss.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
I find the story one of the better parts of the game, it has a certain melancholic feeling of doom & loss.
I consider it banal and boring but I respect your opinion. I'm so upset with PP that probably I'm unable to find even a little good thing about it.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
We do not have an exact date yet, but it will be this month. We will most likely announce the release date next week. There will also be a trailer. I can share a bit of info about what can you expect:

Legacy of the Ancients - delves into the secrets of the Antediluvian Civilization that predated modern human civilization on Earth. Explore ancient ruins for knowledge of this precursor civilization, and use its secrets to research a whole new line of Phoenix Point weapons and technologies. But beware: the ancients left powerful guardians to watch over their secrets, and know that you won’t be the only one seeking to control this ancient knowledge; new rivals will rise up as the legacy of the ancients is revealed to humanity.

Includes:

• new story missions and cinematics
  • new mission types
  • new enemies and new evolutions for the old ones
  • new environments
  • new points of interest on the globe with a unique way of exploration
  • new resources with a unique way of obtaining
  • new researches
  • 6 new powerful weapons to manufacture

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
Bland and soulless nuxcom clone, with a simplistic mobile tier geoscape but a better combat engine.

Playing combat missions is fun for a while, but it gets horrendously repetitive fast.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Didn't read the thread, is this complete shit or mildly entertaining? How does it compare to nuXC?
Much better. Gollop was mostly inspired by Xcom Apocalypse. It was released very buggy and unfinished but they have been slowly improving it over the months. The next patch might bring it to a very nice state (one that comes this month with DLC2) where it is fun and balanced at same time. For now it lacks balance (in way that it is too easy atm).

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel did they ever mention anything about the Steam release again? Supposedly should come soon
It is 1 year after Epic release so in December. From what they done and said so far DLC3 will be done for Steam release. They also plan to improve diplomacy, AI and research by then. And vehicles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom