Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - From Suikoden creators - coming April 23rd

Robber Baron

Savant
1.5 mil USD

lxLcSW.gif

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Has this been linked already? Incredibly sympathic trailer, might make this the first kickstarter project I loosen my wallet for.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
350% funded. They're really blasting through the stretch goals. My only problem in general is how base funding is just there to convince people still on the fence this is, in fact, actually getting made and you need the stretch goals to realize game proper. Locking mini-games like cooking and fishing simply confirms that in this particular case.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh so some of the Stretch Goals are just additional party members/companion it seems, and they are kinda expensive.

I mean Suikoden companion isn't really known for their depth (they got what, 5 profile for detectives + couple of dialogue changes throughout the game, usually).

Maybe they are looking to have more depth this time around but the companion Stretch isn't really that exciting as we don't know what the initial 100 looks like to begin with (except the 6 posted in the KS) and we don't know what the new one gonna looks like either.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I much prefer low ambition stretch goals like this. Stretch goal creep, with extremely expensive systems that need to be superimposed onto a game structure that cant support them are a project killer. And after Project Phoenix and that FFT scam every small risk factor is one too many.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like they put a lot of though into this campaign, working with Western PR company specialized in Kickstarter.

Some interesting bits from FAQ:

Will the game be exclusive to any one platform?
We will not enter into an exclusive agreement with a platformer. We have vehemently pushed this point with any potential publishing partner and won’t enter into an agreement with a publisher that requires us to do that. That being said, porting for platforms, CPU/GPU limitations etc are a real issue so we need to be careful with the commitments we make.

Who is the publisher?
Unfortunately, we cannot reveal that because there are several we are discussing the project with.

Also more than a third of the bakcers are new to KS too. This somewhat aligns with Bloodstained KS.

New Backers
backers had never backed a project on Kickstarter before

Returning Backers
backers had backed a project on Kickstarter before

Also backers by countries, notable for Singapore and Indonesia:

Where Backers Come From
Top Countries

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Looks like they put a lot of though into this campaign, working with Western PR company specialized in Kickstarter.

Some interesting bits from FAQ:

Will the game be exclusive to any one platform?
We will not enter into an exclusive agreement with a platformer. We have vehemently pushed this point with any potential publishing partner and won’t enter into an agreement with a publisher that requires us to do that. That being said, porting for platforms, CPU/GPU limitations etc are a real issue so we need to be careful with the commitments we make.

Who is the publisher?
Unfortunately, we cannot reveal that because there are several we are discussing the project with.

Also more than a third of the bakcers are new to KS too. This somewhat aligns with Bloodstained KS.

New Backers
backers had never backed a project on Kickstarter before

Returning Backers
backers had backed a project on Kickstarter before

Also backers by countries, notable for Singapore and Indonesia:

Where Backers Come From
Top Countries

Ye, JRPG is big in SEA.

Like we never really have the 90s CRPG gaming culture or something like that. Most kids at that time started with SNES and PSX, making console games and JRPG in general to be the genre for people who enjoy RPGs.

I much prefer low ambition stretch goals like this. Stretch goal creep, with extremely expensive systems that need to be superimposed onto a game structure that cant support them are a project killer. And after Project Phoenix and that FFT scam every small risk factor is one too many.
Or they have to settle for something more realistic, like Bloodstained roguelike mode turning into a randomizer.

Ivan

Arcane
Gonna emulate Suikoden II before I decide to pledge. Will report thoughts after playthrough. Color me excited.

ZoddGuts

Augur
This is how a living legend Murayama works at his place:

God damn, has he been suffering from depression or something? Place looks like hell. Look at the fucking stains on the monitor and the keyboard.

Jesus christ.

That was like 4 years back at his work place? and hadn't done any work in nearly a decade. He looks a bit in better shape now. Hopefully he'll live long enough to work on a bunch of games now that it seems his studio will be financially stable.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Gonna emulate Suikoden II before I decide to pledge. Will report thoughts after playthrough. Color me excited.
Cmon try 1 first. It almost a direct sequel.

And unlike most old JRPG series (BoF, DQ, FF) there is no big leap in gameplay between 1 and 2. They are mechanically similar so don't be afraid that you are going to play "Suikoden just in name" while playing some old dungeon crawler 1st person JRPG or something.

Ivan

Arcane
Holy shit this game is awesome. Just put an hour in and the soundtrack is already amazing, already met a handful of charming characters. This is gonna be a sweet adventure.

:takemymoney:

edit: didn't see the bro's post above. I just picked this one since I figured it's "the" one to try if one were to try just one. If this keeps up, which I'm sure it will, I'll go back to 1. Gotta enjoy/experience this adventure first though

Felix

Arcane
Was just reading the various interviews with Murayama and it's good to know there are SJW Village elders on hand at this early stage to nag about problematic representations of such and such in this spiritual successor to the game they never played. https://www.siliconera.com/yoshitaka-murayama-talks-about-eiyuden-chronicle-and-its-kickstarter/

Comments section was of course closed posthaste for wrongthink. Absolutely disgusting that these scum seek to poison the well at every conceivable opportunity.

jenni-lada-1-180x180.jpg

:prosper:

Past games created by your team have regularly included troublesome and ill-informed race representation. What consulting and hiring are you doing to ensure your team has diverse voices and that Marisa (and other characters of color that are presumably in the game) are not given a similar treatment?
The only Black character revealed so far is Marisa, a young woman who is described as a member of a Guardian clan that seems to live in the forest and isn’t as technologically advanced as other groups (though still will occasionally use their tech). Are you concerned about how her depiction could come across? (Especially since, in Suikoden III, many of the Black characters all came from the Grasslands and Bob, one of the only Black cast members in Suikoden II, was also the only werewolf?)

Is this what pass for journalism nowsaday?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I reallllllllllllllly shouldn't be giving money to a Kickstarter JRPG without a defined gameplay loop after playing through the bland shit gameplay loop of Octopath Traveler.

But it's Suikoden.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Apparently it has passed Shenmue 3 Kickstarter in number of backers by the Japanese. While the funding has slowed down after the first 3 days, it's still doing about 50K per day, not bad. Didn't think it would reach 2.5 let alone 2.7 before the final rush, which is the final 3 days. This might end at around 3.5 Million.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Was there a single nostalgia KS project by old devs that didn't disappoint? Why are you guys sure this one will be any different?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom