Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline POST-ATOMIC Resumed

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
After weeping mascara tears curled up into a ball for a week about the loss of some of my Unity code, I picked up this three days ago and am coding with a righteous fury. Face it, there is only one project left for me to complete before this nightmare quarantine hoax ends and it is the long promised POST-ATOMIC.

It's a true blobber, turn-based and will have a unique comic book feel to it just like Grimoire except in true 3D as with Grimrock.

!!!!!postatomic.jpg

Face it, there is only one project left for me to complete before this nightmare quarantine hoax ends
We need your views on the cough-o-caust. It's difficult to parse truth from falsehood in todays media, as you know. Will you post them somewhere?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Face it, there is only one project left for me to complete before this nightmare quarantine hoax ends
We need your views on the cough-o-caust. It's difficult to parse truth from falsehood in todays media, as you know. Will you post them somewhere?

It's the usual flu season except with the New World Order bringing the entire planet to heel almost overnight. Turns out, taking over the planet is really not that hard.

Gargaune

Magister
I always regretted not registering on the Codex prior to Grimoire coming out. Time for a long-term investment, take us all into the future, Cleve!

Generic-Giant-Spider

I had a dream where I was waiting for Grimoire 2 and for some reason Cleveland Blakemore descended from heavenly rays and cast a multicolored light over me like sunlight beaming through a stained glass window. He towered over me, fuck he was a giant, and looked down at me. I could only stare. Then he spoke with a booming voice as the earth trembled around me.

"Incline is here."

And he looked beyond me. I turned around and I see a skyline of New York City up in flames with a giant Golden Baby firing death rays and deploying smart bombs all over the city. When I glanced back Cleve mysteriously vanished but where he stood was a package. A box. I looked inside of it and then a MIMIC opened its mouth and proceeded to horrifyingly devour my flesh and cackle like a high pitched witch as it tore me limb from limb.

I have not masturbated to unboxing videos since.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What about the Lovecraft-inspired blobber, is that dead or on backburner?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What about the Lovecraft-inspired blobber, is that dead or on backburner?

That's the best part of all. Right beside the huge heap of assets I had collected with a sign hanging over them USE FOR POST-APOCALYPTIC BLOBBER, I have a second stack reading STUFF TO USE FOR HORROR BLOBBER. I mean cutscene artwork, portraits, vignettes, tons of notes on skills/types/professions etc.

Once I get the blobber engine in place for this post-apoc, I am literally going to be reskinning it and releasing it for different genres. A half dozen hardcore RPGs with different settings should do it for my ambitions and then I will have some time to work on vanity projects like my shooter, a platformer and other half-finished piles I have sitting on my hard drive.

I am also very interested in : Pulp Noir RPG, Lost World RPG, Superhero RPG and then of course Grimoire II, which will likely be the last blobber I build with the engine which will be thoroughly refined by that time.

I can't lose, I'll be doing something I have claimed for years I would do after finishing Grimoire, I will be enjoying myself and I am sure a small audience will be found for every one of these RPGS consisting of effete snobs wearing white dinner gloves, tuxedos and monacles with top hats. No casuals need apply.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
When are the Grimoire boxes getting shipped to the backers? Seriously, you should do this before working on new games.

Since I backed the game I stopped entirely caring about boxes. Not saying you should too, just found it funny how long it has been and how my perspective has shifted in the years since

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom