Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Casual meets hardcore? - New Wii releases

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Shit! I never thought this day will come... I am seriously thinking to get consolized. And not with X360 or PS3. But with the most retarded from them: Wii.

First MadWorld got me intrigued. Now Dead Space was announced :shock:

Not to mention something which constantly makes me wash my linen: Sadness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_(video_game)

whatdayathink?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nah, dead space is pretty neat. A blatant system shock 2 rip-off with a horribly cliched story sure. But still a damn good horror game that knows how to create an atmosphere.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Slenkar said:
isnt dead space just a generic sci-fi zombie shooter with a healthy marketing budget?

yeah, but still fun and somewhat systemshocked. And kinda doesn't fit to Wii. or?

I mean it is not the greatest thing that happened to humanity, but still alrightish.

But honestly I am more excited about Sadness and Mad World. The first one have some freaking great arts. Pitty it is probably a vapourware :cry:

EDIT:::

Well I was not aware that such thingie like HotD exists on Wii. Anyway it looks like some spaghetti horror, so it is not really what I am looking for

Dmitron

Arbiter
i bought a wii exactly because it wasn't trying to a be a mini pc.. there aren't many good games, but those that are decent offer a kind of "old school" fun experience that reminds me of my NES childhood

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
peak said:
Let's Tap is win:

ehehehehe,

First part of the first movie reminded me of the game Decathlon on C64. There you had to lean out (shake is probably better word) the joystick left and right to get the speed in 100 m, pole vault, javelin etc., in order to get the result. Broke dozen of joysticks on that one.

I mean, I really don't know. Some of the ideas are not bad there in the Wiiland. They seem to get things right in terms of "grandma-grandpa gaming sessions" and obviously the present times (as it looks from what might be released on the platform in the near future). Graphicwise they are not that advanced, but it really looks like: Who the fuck really cares?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I bought a Wii for its potential in hard core gaming, not the "plurality" bullshit that they've been marketing it as. It has a lot of potential. Right now, however, I'm not too happy with the present situation. I think Nintendo is pretty satisfied with cranking out all those mainstream titles with the occasional Zelda or Mario game now that they've seen how successful they are. Third party publishers can still do what they want, however, and that's where I'm placing most of my hope for the system.

I wouldn't recommend getting a Wii now as much as I would have when it first came out, but I'd probably still say to get it. There's bound to be some good stuff to come out on it eventually. And yeah, I'm looking forward to Madworld too. Also check out Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes. And the new Zelda, Mario, and Metroid Prime are very fun, there's no doubt about that.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Dicksmoker said:
I think Nintendo is pretty satisfied with cranking out all those mainstream titles with the occasional Zelda or Mario game now that they've seen how successful they are.

Not sure, but I guess I cannot agree. Afterwards, some of the most interesting titles (Sadness fap: fap: fap:) are yet to come (very subjective opinion, must agree).

Dicksmoker said:
Third party publishers can still do what they want, however, and that's where I'm placing most of my hope for the system.

Me too. I do not know much about the policy of all the consoleees, but as far as I heard, Wii is not really checked for the QALTY an IMMERSHUN? Or ???
I mean quality is a valid point, but hey! I would like to play something great in 15 fps than shit in 150 fps.

Dicksmoker said:
No More Heroes.

Not sure. Let's say, I am cautious. But it might be due to putting wrong accents into wrong places...

Dicksmoker said:
And the new Zelda, Mario,

Giana Sisters? (eh, need to think about their sexualities)

Dicksmoker said:
and Metroid Prime are very fun, there's no doubt about that.

need to check for it

Thrasher

Erudite
Casual meets hardcore?

Is that like anti-matter + matter = a lot of wasted energy, then nothing?

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I think the Wii has potential. It's a move in the right direction. Too bad the tech sucks. Mad World looks great, though. I'm hoping the next generation of consoles will be virtual reality devices with helmets and gloves, to allow more interactivity with the environment. Then again, I'm kind of an idealist...but imagine! An RPG set in such a world! Where you actually interact firsthand with people and objects!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Thanks for the link Morgoth. Cursed Mountain looked fantastic until all those "boo!, haaa!, whooo!" stuff came. Honestly, from the first minutes, I thought it will be something like survival game about trying to get Matternhorn or K-2. So, first minutes of the trailer I was petrified with the strange stony feeling in my body. Then, all the "brother crap" came and I came back to reality.

Still very promising title I must say!

I do believe that Wii route was the move into the right direction. Yes, they started with all those retarded shit about family game etc. But right now they are slowly approaching adult market. And the fact that they don't give a shit about what kind of game you want to show on this platform (no content control) is a big plus.

But, there is a big hook. How can you sell your independent game on Wii without the publisher? No Steam, no other medias. I mean, Nintendo is not supporting "gore" games even now. Or?

Or maybe I am completely wrong, and it works other way? (I am still PC purist, so I am not sure how it works in reality)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
mikaelis said:
I do believe that Wii route was the move into the right direction. Yes, they started with all those retarded shit about family game etc. But right now they are slowly approaching adult market. And the fact that they don't give a shit about what kind of game you want to show on this platform (no content control) is a big plus.
Nintendo and Sony both refuse to license AO games. Not sure about Microsoft. Manhunt 2 originally got an AO rating and had to be censored because of this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom