Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hellpoint
RELEASED!
Actio, Third Person, Sci-Fi, Co-op

Now on Steam EA:
Vagrus - The Riven Realms
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Turn-based, Party-based, Narrative Heavy, Resource Management

Monster Crown
"JRPG", Monster Taming, Pixel Graphics, Turn-based

Codex Year of the Donut
Hellpoint
RELEASED!
Actio, Third Person, Sci-Fi, Co-op
oh sounds neat guess I'll go check it out
L3n5ekX.png

:keepmymoney:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About the game at the top:
Originally called Feng Shen Ying Jie Chuan, Canon - Legends of the New Gods is a strategy RPG originally for the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive consoles.

Canon - Legend of the New Gods
Release Date: August 10 2020
Japanese, Tactical, Party-based, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics

Stolen Realm
Release Date: October 2021
Turn-based, Tactical, Castle base, Classless, Co-op

Tales Of Chandar
Release Date: 2020
Turn-based, Tactical, Party-based, 2D graphics

Journey for the Crown
Release Date: December 2021
Action, Party-based, Open World, CYOA System, Isometric

The Necromancer's Tale
Release date: 2022
Narrative Driven, Top Down Camera, 18th Century, Turn-based

Ghostlore
Release date: TBA
Action, Pixel Graphics, Isometric, Asian Mythology

Overseer
Release date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Roguelike, Real-time, Pixel Graphics, Top Down Camera

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Clam Man 2: Headliner
Release Date: TBA
No Combat, Dialog Heavy, Comedy, Branching Story

Obsidian Prince
Roguelike, Turn-based, Procedural Dungeon Generation

Sorry, I put in Approaching Infinity as released, but it's only Early Access for now.

Approaching Infinity
Turn-based, Roguelike, Pixel Graphics, Sci-Fi, Procedural Open World

Labyrinth Legend
RELEASED!
Japanese, Roguelike, Action, Pixel Graphics, Random Dungeon Generation

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Can you remove "Japanese"/JRPG from thread. Its like garbage we have to browse to get to real RPGs.

Noone likes them except small children, freaks or pedo grown-ups.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Can you remove "Japanese"/JRPG from thread. Its like garbage we have to browse to get to real RPGs.

I can't cater to the tastes and wishes of everyone. This thread is here to include shit/meh/good titles. I already have to save you guys from so many shit games.

Bara

Arcane
Damn feels like ages since I saw Popup Dungeons. That game kick-started what six years ago?

Glad the finally they released it wonder how reception will be.

rpg_ghoul

Literate
I have the smallest, teeny tiny bit of hope, that Bethesda will wake up to themselves and make Elder Scrolls VI a real RPG.

Bara

Arcane
I mean if you want to be fabulously optimistic about it Todd Howard has been noted to back at least one indie rpg thats considered to be incline. I forget which one though.

So it's possible he still remember the magic.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Todd Howard has better taste in CRPGs than most Codexers; the problem is that after Morrowind he led Bethesda into the Slough of Decline in pursuit of maximizing sales rather than crafting prestigious games that would enjoy a lesser, but still considerable, commercial success. :M

rpg_ghoul

Literate
Todd Howard has better taste in CRPGs than most Codexers; the problem is that after Morrowind he led Bethesda into the Slough of Decline in pursuit of maximizing sales rather than crafting prestigious games that would enjoy a lesser, but still considerable, commercial success. :M
Yes, I hope the series can redeem itself, even if they made it like Skyrim, it woudlnt be that hard to include a mode which allows the older type of stats systems, the main feature I want back? Kill anyone, even the children.

Mortmal

Arcane

I can't cater to the tastes and wishes of everyone. This thread is here to include shit/meh/good titles. I already have to save you guys from so many shit games.
Not your fault and not blaming you. Looking at the list even pages and pages ago, i find nothing i want to play , i wouldnt even pirate them...Dont know how those guys are living, sales must be awful.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Not your fault and not blaming you. Looking at the list even pages and pages ago, i find nothing i want to play , i wouldnt even pirate them...Dont know how those guys are living, sales must be awful.

Because most of games listed are either anime or low-effort products made by 1 person in his lunch time.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Shujinkou
Release Date: 2021
"JRPG", Dungeon Crawler, Turn-based, Party-based, Learn Japanese

Rapture
Release date: August 25
Dungeon Crawler, Turn-based, Sci-Fi, Procedural Dungeon Generation, Party-based

Tears of Avia
Release Date: September 24
"JRPG", Tactical, Turn-based, Party-based

BattleJuice Alchemist
Release Sate: Late 2021
Action, Isometric, Crafting, Procedural World Generation

Now on Steam EA:
斩妖行 Eastern Exorcist
Release Date: 2020 (Available on Steam EA, Demo Available on Steam)
Chinese, Side Scrolling, Pixel Graphics

Dungeon Core
Shooter, Roguelike, Pixel Graphics, Random Dungeon Generation, Top Down Camera

Xoo: Xeno Xafari
RELEASED!
Pixel Graphics, No Combat, Collecting, Exploration

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Black Myth: Wu Kong
Chinese (Localization status: unknown), Action, Third Person, Single Character, Journey to the West

Rogue Legacy 2
Release date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Side Scrolling, Roguelike, Action, Metroidvania

Mortal Shell
RELEASED!
Third Person, Action, Soulslike

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Gotham Knights
Release Date: 2021
Action, Third Person, Open World, DC Comics

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom