Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Vatnik Wumao
Debated whether I should have posted that or not.

That looked promising, though it's almost impossible to tell with Paradox games until you're actually playing them yourself. One area that was a noticeable change that I'm excited about, knights. Making them fewer super-units with actual characters is a huge plus in my book. Reminds me of Medieval Total War 1 where generals could get massively overpowered godlike stats and become obscene heroes by themselves. Adds more fluff and having fun if you get some mega-knight, or possibly if you go into a heavy martial character you can become a beast.
I except that atleast few will probably try to make knights only army.
They brought that up, the number of knights is capped. Sounds like it's based on demesne, prestige, title(s), and potentially also some buildings. So you can try to focus on getting a spess mehreen squad but even if you focus on it the meat and potatoes of your army will be regular troops.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Those are really unlikeable faggots,couldn't watch more than minute lol.

here is something good to cheer you up guys

I would brofist that but i cant, instead have some +M and this.

EDIT: Well since i finally got my brofisting and button loicense its time to fulfill that deed, catch it :bro:.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
That looked promising, though it's almost impossible to tell with Paradox games until you're actually playing them yourself. One area that was a noticeable change that I'm excited about, knights. Making them fewer super-units with actual characters is a huge plus in my book. Reminds me of Medieval Total War 1 where generals could get massively overpowered godlike stats and become obscene heroes by themselves. Adds more fluff and having fun if you get some mega-knight, or possibly if you go into a heavy martial character you can become a beast.
Yes but how will it compete with ck2, and how playable will it be at release . EU4 still have a major bug introduced in last dlc with AI getting in massive debt , killing major powers. That is very nasty and gamebreaking yet still not fixed today .

Vatnik Wumao
Can't wait to make my engineered dynasty of giant, long-lived Norsemen / Baltic savages with a focus on blood & kin legacies.
dynasty.png

thesecret1

Arcane
Can't wait to make my engineered dynasty of giant, long-lived Norsemen / Baltic savages with a focus on blood & kin legacies.
dynasty.png
So once my thirteen times inbred Habsburg emperor gains enough renown, he can spend it to fix his genetics? "Careful breeding with only the closest of relatives to create a new kind of man. Homo Habsburginensis."

Zariusz

Arbiter
dynasty.png
So once my thirteen times inbred Habsburg emperor gains enough renown, he can spend it to fix his genetics? "Careful breeding with only the closest of relatives to create a new kind of man. Homo Habsburginensis."
The chin that will pierce the heavens...

Vatnik Wumao
dynasty.png
The chin that will pierce the heavens...
inv694z3c0g31.jpg

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can we estimate yet how CKIII will compare with CKII content-wise at release? I only started paying attention to dev diaries now that the release is getting close.

Can we estimate yet how CKIII will compare with CKII content-wise at release? I only started paying attention to dev diaries now that the release is getting close.

I dunno.

I didn't play EUIV at launch, but from what I heard it compared decently to EUIII in that matter.

One advantage is that a lot of mechanics from CKII DLCs will be integrated with the main game, reducing a lot of in-game wonkiness.

I didn't play EUIV at launch, but from what I heard it compared decently to EUIII in that matter.

EU3 was old paradox that only released a few expansions rather than over 300 DLC. I'd expect there to be a lot of things significantly cut back. At the same time they are obviously keeping things a lot of people liked, like customizing your religion to glorify incestuous cannibalism.

Vatnik Wumao
Also for those interested:

County map
CK2%20County%20Map.jpg
Duchy map
CK3%20Duchy%20Map.jpg
Kingdom map
CK3%20Kingdom%20Map.jpg
Empire map
CK3%20Empire%20Map.jpg
Political map (1066)
CK3%201066%20Start%20Updated.png
Cultural map (1066)
CK3%201066%20Culture%20Map.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom