Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Arthandas

Liturgist
Well there’s the extensive configuration for resolution, shadows, antialiasing and more, support for modded textures, and of course mouse and keyboard support. And loads more.
So unlike Trails in the Sky FC Evolution there are no content changes?

Deleted member 7219

Well there’s the extensive configuration for resolution, shadows, antialiasing and more, support for modded textures, and of course mouse and keyboard support. And loads more.
So unlike Trails in the Sky FC Evolution there are no content changes?

I never played the Evo games so can’t speak for those but generally speaking you can expect the console version settings to be locked, maybe they will allow you to adjust turbo speed but that will be it. Compared to the wealth of options available to you in the config menu on PC...

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hajimari news:

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki Introduces Crow, Wald, Garcia, Claire, Duvalie, and Sara

hajimari-scramble-raid-18-710x400.jpg

Falcom released more information about several characters from the Crossbell arc and Erebonia arc who will be returning in The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki. Additionally, details on new Scramble Raid enemy encounters that happen in the True Reverie Corridor were also revealed. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]

Editor’s Note: There will be The Legend of Heroes Series Spoilers for Hajimari no Kiseki below.
Here are the returning characters below:

Crow Armbrust (CV: Takahiro Sakurai)

hajimari-scramble-raid-1.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-2.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-3.jpg

A dependable upperclassmen to the old Class VII who later took upon the alias “C” while leading the Imperial Liberation Front. He lost his life while fighting alongside Rean, but was revived during the crisis in the Empire. After the crisis, Crow went back to his hometown of Jurai. When he finds out about a fake “C” who is leading the “New Imperial Liberation Front,” he begins to look into the matter on his own.

Wald Wales (CV: Osamu Ryuutani)

hajimari-scramble-raid-4.jpg

A rather well-built Squire working under Wazy Hemisphere. Originally, he was the head of the Saber Vipers delinquent group, but after the Demonization incident, he came to Arteria to receive treatment. During his recovery and reformation, he became recognized as one of Wazy’s Squires. While he seems more calm compared to before, he still sees Wazy as his rival even to this day.

Garcia Rossi (CV: Hisao Egawa)

hajimari-scramble-raid-5.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-6.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-7.jpg

A close combat-loving hulk of a man who’s also known as the Killing Bear. While he’s a man who’s committed many crimes, his honorable nature has earned Lloyd’s grudging trust. He actually helped out with Lloyd’s escape while Lloyd was under arrest during the Crossbell Liberation, and afterwards he allowed himself to be arrested and put in jail for his crimes.

Duvalie (CV: Naomi Ozora)

hajimari-scramble-raid-8.jpg

A Stahlritter who works for the Ouroboros society. During the Great Twilight incident, she began to question Arianrhod’s motives and temporarily helped out the old and new Class VII. During her time with Class VII, she began to understand Arianrhod’s thinking and grew as both a warrior and as a person. She later returned to Ouroboros, but continues to follow her own idea of justice as the leader of the Stahlritter. Wearing her armor once more, she appears in front of the defenders of Crossbell.

Claire Rieveldt (CV: Ami Koshimizu)

hajimari-scramble-raid-9.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-10.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-11.jpg

A commissioned captain of the Railway Military Police and a former Ironblood. During the Erebonian crisis she faced off against Class VII, due to the great debt that she owed to Chancellor Osborne. Afterwards, she planned on taking her own life, but decided against it and returned to the Railway Military Police in order to rebuild it. Now a division that has lost its ties with the government and thus only has a limited amount of freedom, Claire works hard every day to rebuild the division as if to repent for her crimes.

:shredder:

Sara Valestein (CV: Megumi Toyoguchi)

hajimari-scramble-raid-12.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-13.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-14.jpg

The A-rank bracer who used to be the old Class VII’s instructor. While she’s got a pretty face, any signs of her being a demure beauty go out the window once you see her drinking habits and messy private life. Even after everything, this hasn’t changed. That said, with the crisis over, Sara has now resumed her duties as a bracer, working together with the Crossbell division and Fie to serve all of Zemuria.

Scramble Raids

hajimari-scramble-raid-15.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-16.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-17.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-18.jpg

hajimari-scramble-raid-19.jpg

Within the Reverie Corridor dungeon are treasure chests that have “Wedges of Nothingness” nailed into them, making it impossible to open them from the outside. By investigating them, you’ll be able to participate in special Scramble Raid battles in order to try remove the wedges.

There are also mysterious Gates in the Reverie Corridor that will bring you to a special area you can clear called the Hills of Fantasy. This is a very different-looking area from the Reverie Corridor and will have bonuses like more Guardian Monsters and breakable objects containing Sepith for players to collect.

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki will be released for the PlayStation 4 in Japan and Asia on August 27, 2020.

Cat Dude

Savant
What's the difference between Steam version of ToCS and Kai -Thors Military Academy?

I heard Trails of Cold Steel 3 pc version was not optimised well in certain areas

Jinn

Arcane
Hajimari looks like it's going to be the ultimate Trails game. Shit looks insane.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Played a little bit more Cold Steel 1. Field trials are fun but the school days are so tedious. The characters are getting a little bit more interesting with 'noble drama' at least. Is every CS game set around school? Ugh.

Also, boys get programming classes, girls get cooking classes. Lol, Japan.

Slaver1

Savant
Damn, just found out Sara is wearing sexy black panties or a thong :shredder: :shredder::shredder:

A critical immersion factor and more proof Falcom aren't fucking around when they make their games, unlike Western dev eunuchs of today.

ed8-3-PC-2020-07-08-12-54-49.jpg

:incline::incline::incline:

jungl

Augur
trails franchise got good storyfag,waifus and combat. Too bad its overland and indoor dungeon design is trash even by jrpg standards.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Damn, just found out Sara is wearing sexy black panties or a thong :shredder: :shredder::shredder:

A critical immersion factor and more proof Falcom aren't fucking around when they make their games, unlike Western dev eunuchs of today.

Sara should give a pair of her panties to Rean so he can remain motivated in his darkest hour.

lefthandblack

Arcane

I made an emergent-minigame out of getting as many panty-shots of different characters as I could, without mods:

trails3_p1.jpg

trails3_p2.jpg

trails3_p3.jpg

trails3_p4.jpg

trails3_p5.jpg

trails3_p6.jpg

trails3_p7.jpg

trails3_p8.jpg

trails3_p9.jpg

trails3_p10.jpg

trails3_p11.jpg

trails3_p12.jpg

trails3_p13.jpg

:smug:

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
So, I've finished first Cold Steel few days ago. What a wonderful game - anybody who is not averted to jRPG in general should play it. Maybe not good enough to be in my top 10 games ever, but it was pretty close. Good story, excellent world and character building, very nice mix of school stuff / field study / dungeons, pretty funny, no wasting of player's time, some boss fights really requiring thinking and planning, good music. Basically 103 hours very well spent. After beating the whole game, I'm saying this with full confidence: this is a much better game than Persona 5.

In the other hand... I started Cold Steel 2 right after, and I'm not so happy so far. The strongest point of the game (character interactions) is reduced to the minimum. The whole game is just 'hey, let's find everybody we can by revisiting all the areas you already visited in first part, fight same monsters you already fought, and basically bore you as much as possible'. Soooo much walking on highways filled with trashmobs, too much backtracking, boring fetch quests - I'm NOT impressed. It almost looks like at some point in development they realized that the game is 60 hours long, and tried to stretch it in any way possible.

Based on what I saw in first game, I'm really hoping that the game will start to get better (it better does, I bought CS3 as well...).

Jinn

Arcane
I finally finished up Cold Steel a little over a week ago myself (I had started it, quit after about 10 hours to go back and play the rest of the series, and never looked back), starting Cold Steel II shortly after. I have to say my impression in the first 10 hours is completely different from yours. It's not only refreshing not being in the confines of the school setting and routine, but I feel the game is an improvement in almost every regard. There's already been plenty of new environments to explore, you're moving from one place to another without a strict schedule to follow, you're away from the school setting in general which is great, the combat is improved, you've got more variety and choices in party members, you have limited resources, plot setups from the first Cold Steel (not to mention the entire series) are already showing up and paying off. As for repeated environments, it's a staple of the series that I both like and dislike at times, depending on how its utilized. I've been happy with it so far, particularly with the healthy addition of fresh environments mixed in at a good pace.

Cold Steel II is an improvement and enhancement on Cold Steel in almost every way so far. The only way it wouldn't be for people is them not liking the school setting taking a complete back seat, which is a HUGE positive for me.

EDIT: I should also mention I'm playing on Nightmare difficulty, as I did in Cold Steel.

Last edited:

Ysaye

Arbiter
So, I've finished first Cold Steel few days ago. What a wonderful game - anybody who is not averted to jRPG in general should play it. Maybe not good enough to be in my top 10 games ever, but it was pretty close. Good story, excellent world and character building, very nice mix of school stuff / field study / dungeons, pretty funny, no wasting of player's time, some boss fights really requiring thinking and planning, good music. Basically 103 hours very well spent. After beating the whole game, I'm saying this with full confidence: this is a much better game than Persona 5.

In the other hand... I started Cold Steel 2 right after, and I'm not so happy so far. The strongest point of the game (character interactions) is reduced to the minimum. The whole game is just 'hey, let's find everybody we can by revisiting all the areas you already visited in first part, fight same monsters you already fought, and basically bore you as much as possible'. Soooo much walking on highways filled with trashmobs, too much backtracking, boring fetch quests - I'm NOT impressed. It almost looks like at some point in development they realized that the game is 60 hours long, and tried to stretch it in any way possible.

Based on what I saw in first game, I'm really hoping that the game will start to get better (it better does, I bought CS3 as well...).

Once you have collected all of old Class 7 it picks up story and character development-wise....but I agree the early bit of CS2 I find a bit meh in terms of what these games are normally good at. I do like the combat better than CS1 though as Jinn said.

Maxie

p great game, prob my 2nd most liked Trails after tits1
easily surpasses it system-wise and almost manages to achieve the same low-lvl comf

DmTxcZY.jpg

Cat Dude

Savant
The next arc should be focused on another high school setting. High school setting is what make gamers attracted to Persona series thus more sales. I know a lot of gamers in the west are totally annoyed by high school setting in video games but Falcom and JRPG main target customers are 12-17 years old school kids.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it's more the case that their games are inspiring third positionist works of art that portray a vibrant aryan utopia and celebrate class cooperation and everyday heroism

completely contrary to subversive and cynical western games (see Obsidian, Bioware, Bethesda, any of them) that focus entirely on the grotesque and ugly in celebration of white demise, full of jews and mewling feminiggers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom