Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are your Unpopular RPG Opinions?

just

Liturgist
conversations should never be longer than 100 words. you can always make your point, complain about something, give quest and throw some quick lore in 100 words or less
bonus opinion: game should never exceed 10k words, that includes item descriptions and all the random shit

The Jester

Cipher
RTwP is superior to Turn Base.

Don't say that. Don't ever say that. You're too young. You have too much hope. You are the young blood of today. Don't do this. Don't die with me on this hill.

Stay here... where it's warm...

Promise me... promise me you will never do this.

CreativeSeparateAlbino-max-1mb.gif

PROMISE ME.
NO BROTHER! WE DOING THIS TOGETHER!
For a very long time we hid in the shadows.
We were silent for a very long time.
We listened.
We let them feed us the belief that we are inferior!
Not anymore !
"Breaking the chains"
We are few but united! Those who are united, their voices will be heard beyond history!
Even if we get crushed under the boots!
Even if we suffocate with an iron fist!
Even if our body is chained in dungeons!
They will never be able to stop the flight of our souls to the eternity and beyond!

200.gif

Last edited:

Higher Animal

Arcane
Exploration and adventure are the most fun elements of the genre.

Ideally an rpg would communicate stats/classes/abilities through lore and aesthetics.

Player skill and stats should both be part of gameplay.

There should be viable playthroughs for smart warriors, unwise wizards, and magic incompetent clerics.

Reading should compromise a majority of the activity.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like when games add the Firaxis XCOM style cover system. It's definitely "gamey," but it helps you quickly assess how much cover your character has and in which directions.

Falksi

Arcane
Fallout 3 is a fun, once through playthrough

Dragon Age:Origins is flawed, but still brilliant.

Witcher 2 is brilliant & the best in the series.

Fuckloads of games in the "All time 100" list are simply too dated now for someone who's new to them, to be able to get into without some serious dedication.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
There are no rpgs with good combat.

Come on, man.

Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Suikoden 2, Dragon's Dogma

And that's just right out of my head. What exactly are you looking for if no RPG ever could please you combat-wise?

mk0

Learned
Having a single immutable storyline is better than having one with branching paths.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom